SPOILER From RIAB

snowdog212

Just a little bit about possible setlist songs I am bummed if 5 songs from MP make it into the setlist

Some tour setlist rumors are also finally starting to trickle in. The latest bit of news I've heard is that the band plans on playing all of the Clockwork Angels album minus Caravan and BU2B, both of which were thoroughly covered back on the Time Machine tour. I've also heard the unsurprising news that 5 songs from Moving Pictures will be included in the setlist. It's still relatively early though, so things could certainly change. As always, take these rumors with a big grain of salt.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Aug 10 2012, 10:56 PM)
Just a little bit about possible setlist songs I am bummed if 5 songs from MP make it into the setlist

Some tour setlist rumors are also finally starting to trickle in. The latest bit of news I've heard is that the band plans on playing all of the Clockwork Angels album minus Caravan and BU2B, both of which were thoroughly covered back on the Time Machine tour. I've also heard the unsurprising news that 5 songs from Moving Pictures will be included in the setlist. It's still relatively early though, so things could certainly change. As always, take these rumors with a big grain of salt.

I highly doubt that.. but who knows.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 10 2012, 11:57 PM)

5? So TS is a given, Limelight and YYZ usual treats, but 5 would meaning including Red Barchetta (maybe), Camera Eye (never), Witch Hunt (doubt it, while possible), and Vital Signs (doubt it, while possible). Tough to believe especially coming off last tour that theyd do a ton of MP.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 10 2012, 11:57 PM)

5? So TS is a given, Limelight and YYZ usual treats, but 5 would meaning including Red Barchetta (maybe), Camera Eye (never), Witch Hunt (doubt it, while possible), and Vital Signs (doubt it, while possible). Tough to believe especially coming off last tour that theyd do a ton of MP.

Not the MP part, the CA part.

I highly doubt they'll dump Caravan and BU2B claiming they've played it to death but keep most of moving pictures. I'm thinking they'll dump the two CA songs and only keep 2 MP songs. Otherwise your post comprises most of the setlist.

I smell a conspiracy (I forget the actual term for it)!!! I think false leaks are being issued to muddle the truth if it does appear somewhere. I can't imagine they wouldnt play caravan and BU2B. That's like starting on chapter 5 of a 20 chapter book. Who does that?

I can't imagine 5 MPs make it either considering they played all of them on the TMT. Geesh if the logic is that Caravan and BU2B were "thoroughly covered", what about all of MP?

I smell something fishy and I ain't near the ocean folks.....

And where is on RIAB? I couldn't find it.

Edited by dtpoet

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Aug 11 2012, 10:07 AM)
Geesh if the logic is that Caravan and BU2B were "thoroughly covered", what about all of MP?

Moving Pictures is a timeless classic, with at least FOUR tried and true Rush classics that EVERYONE in the crowd will know.

Clockwork Angels is not, and while Caravan and BU2B are both damn good songs, if they want to play everything else from the album, I could see them taking the "Well, we already played those two songs for two years, so let's drop 'em" line of thinking.

It's that simple.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Aug 11 2012, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (dtpoet @ Aug 11 2012, 10:07 AM)
Geesh if the logic is that Caravan and BU2B were "thoroughly covered", what about all of MP?

Moving Pictures is a timeless classic, with at least FOUR tried and true Rush classics that EVERYONE in the crowd will know.

Clockwork Angels is not, and while Caravan and BU2B are both damn good songs, if they want to play everything else from the album, I could see them taking the "Well, we already played those two songs for two years, so let's drop 'em" line of thinking.

It's that simple.

goodpost.gif

Pleeaaase no more Witch Hunt. I'm sooooo tired of that one!

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 11 2012, 11:54 AM)

I have this tickling in the back of my balls that says they're going to play all 4 Fear songs this time.

I'm sick of Witch Hunt as well, but if it means I get The Weapon and The Enemy Within (and Freeze too I guess), then I'll gladly sit through it once again.

I'd be happy with all of CA too. I still can't believe how great this album is for a band that's been around so long.

Tired of Witch Hunt? You ought to be real tired of Sawyer, Limelight, and YYZ then. Unless Rush get super creative with their set list(which I doubt) I will probably skip the tour this time around. Nothing against Rush but money's tight right now so it will have to be really special.

I hope not. I hope they don't drop two of the best songs on the album. If they really need to drop something, drop a couple of songs from MP. 5 songs? Come on, They covered that pretty well on TTMT and every other tour as well. Limelight, Tom Sawyer and YYZ would have sufficed. Well, Unless the other two are Red Barchetta and The Camera Eye? Probably not! Probably Red Barchetta and Witch Hunt!

Regardless, I'm not to psyched about this little piece of gossip.

no.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Aug 11 2012, 11:59 AM)
Pleeaaase no more Witch Hunt.  I'm sooooo tired of that one!

I have this tickling in the back of my balls that says they're going to play all 4 Fear songs this time.

I'm sick of Witch Hunt as well, but if it means I get The Weapon and The Enemy Within (and Freeze too I guess), then I'll gladly sit through it once again.

I'd be happy with all of CA too. I still can't believe how great this album is for a band that's been around so long.

I agree, Witch Hunt within the Fear Quadrilogy would be great but if not, please play something else.

yes.gif

If you consider the Time Machine Tour as the Clockwork Angels tour warm-up, then their setlist history shows that they don't change the setlist all that much between the two, hence 5 MP they already know to offset the CA songs they have to learn, idk about Caravan and BU2B being dropped though, but maybe they feel that we have heard it enough...unlike Witch Hunt doh.gif

TFT is a nice, novel idea, but isn't it way too much music space to take up? They also already ran that sequence in the P/G tour, minus Freeze of course - but isn't also possible that Freeze got the subtitle as a joke of sorts aka "Gangster of Boat Trilogy"?

I wouldn't mind hearing MOST of CA LIVE, 'cause I love it so much!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif common001.gif heart.gif