What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Aug 14 2012, 11:11 AM)
Pink Floyd - Echoes.

By no means a new discovery; I've been listening to if for 20 years. But I've recently reconnected with it. Of all things, you know what I've been most impressed by on recent listens? Waters's bass part. He's typically dismissed as a hack, and to be sure, I've lodged that accusation a few times myself. But his basswork on Echoes is so fluid, smooth, and warm--just perfect for the song.

goodpost.gif I'm not the biggest PF fan but that is undeniable epic genius. Perfection. I can't see this being overated at all, no way no.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 19 2012, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 17 2012, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Aug 16 2012, 02:45 AM)
You Never Give Me Your Money - The Beatles

That's owned me before! cool.gif

Mercyful Fate - Is That You Melissa atickhum.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif You're in my dreams, you're with me everyday!

Great song!!!! trink39.gif

Ha! Hey dude, I shoulda known you woulda chimed in here. Everything about this track is epic; the energy, production, solos, sentiment...luv it. Hail the King! notworthy.gif wub.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 19 2012, 04:40 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 19 2012, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 17 2012, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Aug 16 2012, 02:45 AM)
You Never Give Me Your Money - The Beatles

That's owned me before! cool.gif

Mercyful Fate - Is That You Melissa atickhum.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif You're in my dreams, you're with me everyday!

Great song!!!! trink39.gif

Ha! Hey dude, I shoulda known you woulda chimed in here. Everything about this track is epic; the energy, production, solos, sentiment...luv it. Hail the King! notworthy.gif wub.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

Yup, it's a modern Mercyful Fate classic! In fact the whole "In The Shadows" album is right up there with the classic Fate albums! I still say that King has never made a bad album yet! All hail the KING!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

The Endless Dream by Yes

Starts out bitchin proggy unbelievable ass kickery, then turns to nice lovely piano music then works its way into Sunday-school hymnal church choir weirdness. It's awesome!

• Like 1

QUOTE (HamiltonYYZ @ Aug 13 2012, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 12 2012, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Aug 12 2012, 09:11 AM)
Astronomy by Blue Oyster Cult. Specifically the live version on 'Some Enchanted Evening' with the extended guitar solo. Fantastic.

yes.gif Great solo!

Great band !

IMO the greatest American rock band ever 1022.gif

The live album "Long Days Night" has an epic version of Astronomy. Over 10 minutes in length, perfect Buck shreddage. One of the recordings that got me really into BOC.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 23 2012, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (HamiltonYYZ @ Aug 13 2012, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 12 2012, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Aug 12 2012, 09:11 AM)
Astronomy by Blue Oyster Cult. Specifically the live version on 'Some Enchanted Evening' with the extended guitar solo. Fantastic.

yes.gif Great solo!

Great band !

IMO the greatest American rock band ever 1022.gif

The live album "Long Days Night" has an epic version of Astronomy. Over 10 minutes in length, perfect Buck shreddage. One of the recordings that got me really into BOC.

yes.gif Was really bummed it didn't make it to the dvd,