What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 12 2012, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Aug 12 2012, 09:11 AM)
Astronomy by Blue Oyster Cult. Specifically the live version on 'Some Enchanted Evening' with the extended guitar solo. Fantastic.

yes.gif Great solo!

Great band !

IMO the greatest American rock band ever 1022.gif

Testament - True American Hate

Pink Floyd - Echoes.

By no means a new discovery; I've been listening to if for 20 years. But I've recently reconnected with it. Of all things, you know what I've been most impressed by on recent listens? Waters's bass part. He's typically dismissed as a hack, and to be sure, I've lodged that accusation a few times myself. But his basswork on Echoes is so fluid, smooth, and warm--just perfect for the song.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Aug 13 2012, 04:11 PM)
Pink Floyd - Echoes.

By no means a new discovery; I've been listening to if for 20 years. But I've recently reconnected with it. Of all things, you know what I've been most impressed by on recent listens? Waters's bass part. He's typically dismissed as a hack, and to be sure, I've lodged that accusation a few times myself. But his basswork on Echoes is so fluid, smooth, and warm--just perfect for the song.

This is probably the most overrated song EVER! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

J/K, it's one of my all-time top five songs of all time! yes.gif 1022.gif notworthy.gif

Ah, just heard this song today - one of my all time fave folky songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75UfHKpfRU

Donovan - Voyage Into The Golden Screen

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 13 2012, 10:12 PM)
Pink Floyd - Echoes.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 13 2012, 05:15 AM)
Thorn In My Pride - The Black Crowes

Right on! When push comes to shove that might be my favorite Crowes tune. I am an absolute diehard, obsessive BC fan. I assumed I was the only member of the forum who would identify as such.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 13 2012, 09:12 PM)
Pink Floyd - Echoes.

J/K, it's one of my all-time top five songs of all time! yes.gif 1022.gif notworthy.gif

Ah, just heard this song today - one of my all time fave folky songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75UfHKpfRU

Donovan - Voyage Into The Golden Screen

tongue.gif

And I was not familiar with this Donovan tune, but I REALLY like it (listening now)! I might have to dig deeper into his catalog, this is cool...

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Aug 13 2012, 06:11 PM)
Pink Floyd - Echoes.

His playing may not be considered great or complicated or whatever but he had a natural feel and instinct that was a key element of the unique Pink Floyd sound and magic, which is even more evident in the live recordings I've heard from around then. He certainly had an individual style of his own that fit the music like a glove.

Oh yes and edited to add Queens of the Stone Age - In the Fade

Edited by Silas Lang

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Aug 14 2012, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 13 2012, 05:15 AM)
Thorn In My Pride - The Black Crowes

Right on! When push comes to shove that might be my favorite Crowes tune. I am an absolute diehard, obsessive BC fan. I assumed I was the only member of the forum who would identify as such.

I assumed so as well tongue.gif