What is your favorite Food Network show?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Aug 13 2012, 02:03 PM)
Rachel Ray's "Week in a Day". It's on Sunday mornings at 9:00. She runs through how to prepare a whole weeks worth of meals in one day. Several great tips and tricks.

I also like the "The Best Thing I ever...." series of shows.

Thanks for the tip. I'll set that one to record.

Don't like Rachel Ray but always looking for ways to make feeding the family easier.

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Aug 30 2012, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Aug 13 2012, 02:03 PM)
Rachel Ray's "Week in a Day".  It's on Sunday mornings at 9:00.  She runs through how to prepare a whole weeks worth of meals in one day.  Several great tips and tricks.

I also like the "The Best Thing I ever...." series of shows.

Thanks for the tip. I'll set that one to record.

Don't like Rachel Ray but always looking for ways to make feeding the family easier.

Rachael Ray has really calmed down over the years... and I really like "Week in a Day" because she is way less hyper in this show. I don't ever make all the meals for the week, but it's interesting to watch and she does give out good tips in the "off side" interviews.

Can I just say for the record I loathe the "Pioneer Woman"? Puhlease! She claims to live on a hard working ranch...yeah, ok. I live on a small farm in upstate NY and my husband comes home looking like a mess most days. This woman's husband always shows up in a stupid cowboy hat, all clean and trimmed and hungry. Give me a break! He also seems like kind of a jerk and she just soaks up the 50's housewife roles by cooking for his unappreciative a$$.

Overall, the Food Network is getting a bit out of hand with the portrayal of the perfect life around food. Like, I get it, but it's annoying and unrealistic The kitchens are always clean. The friends always come over with bottles of wine in hand, smiles and laughter. Everything is just so damn nice. 062802puke_prv.gif

I agree-that's totally different if he's genuinely pissed. It's actually funny, I think, to playfully tease your significant other, but if it's based on "what?! you didn't make MY wings?!" that's a totally different animal.

I haven't seen the show--most of FN is boring to me these days.

There's nothing like homemade baked stuff--you're making me hungry!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 13 2012, 06:09 AM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 12 2012, 04:36 AM)
My favorite is easily Paula Deen

Hi y'all - here's my recipe for diabetes!

No Sandra Lee??? sarcasm.gif

There's something about Sandra Lee that makes me feel like the most inadequate part-time housewife on the planet.

I mean, come on, the woman re-decorates her kitchen for every show. Things like that make my head want to explode.

banghead.gif

I do love Chopped, Cupcake Wars, Triple D, and the "food truck" shows.

QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 17 2012, 08:54 AM)

There's something about Sandra Lee that makes me feel like the most inadequate part-time housewife on the planet.

I mean, come on, the woman re-decorates her kitchen for every show. Things like that make my head want to explode.

banghead.gif

Yes.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/semi-homemade-episode.jpg

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 29 2012, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 29 2012, 11:52 AM)
I go to PBS for my favorite cooking show: America's Test Kitchen.

good show

+1

I watched the show for years and loved it but then they changed their format up and I had a hard time getting into it. But ATK is the best. I have a ton of their cookbooks, including a Chris Kimball HUGE cookbook. I've had a subscription for their magazines since 2003.

Fantastic recipes, methods, hints, tips and suggestions.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 17 2012, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 17 2012, 08:54 AM)

banghead.gif

Yes.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/semi-homemade-episode.jpg

Heh, something like that yes. And I simply do not have time to bedazzle my mixer.

Chopped! It's fun to think of what I would do with the ingredients. I like several shows on FN, too: Iron Chef (back to the Japanese version), Good Eats (love Alton Brown), FN Challenge (which has been gone for awhile), The Next Food Network Star and The Worst Cook show are both fun, too. I'll watch most of the competition shows if there's nothing else on. But not so much the individual chef shows.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 18 2012, 02:58 AM)
Chopped! It's fun to think of what I would do with the ingredients. I like several shows on FN, too: Iron Chef (back to the Japanese version), Good Eats (love Alton Brown), FN Challenge (which has been gone for awhile), The Next Food Network Star and The Worst Cook show are both fun, too. I'll watch most of the competition shows if there's nothing else on. But not so much the individual chef shows.

I'm so the opposite tongue.gif

I like the Cooking channel for this reason.

The only competition shows I may indulge is Worst Cooks and sometimes Restaurant Impossible, though heart string-tugging stories get old after about two of them.

Chopped! I love tying to make stuff out of the stuff in the fridge.

I also like Sweet Genius

I am not impressed by cupcakes.

Favorite Chef in general Rick Bayless, I really want to try out one of his restaurants, unfortunately Chicago is a long way.

Edited by burgeranacoke

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Sep 18 2012, 01:07 PM)
I also like Sweet Genius

Did you see the episode with the Bonzai Tree as inspiration? I was cracking up when that guy from Baltimore was getting his ass handed to him laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 18 2012, 02:58 AM)

I really like this show as well. Crazy what they are given to work with sometimes.