are purposefully deceiving fake threads funny?

snowdogged

are purposefully deceiving fake threads funny?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. are purposefully deceiving fake threads funny?

• Yes
    • no

I was told to make this thread from someone who shall remain anonymous, Right, LiX? rofl3.gif

Anyhow, do you like it when someone claims to have some important news about Rush and it is just a news parody ?

no.gif

It's OK when someone wants to throw one out there every now and then as a way to say "gotcha TRF!!!" but when some posters are doing it constantly it's not only annoying but very childish and it takes up too much room on the board. Humor is fine but when it's over done and not very funny to begin with, like all those posts are, it serves no purpose.

If I want a laugh i'll watch The Big Bang Theory like i'm doing right now laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 7 2012, 10:07 PM)
no.gif

It's OK when someone wants to throw one out there every now and then as a way to say "gotcha TRF!!!" but when some posters are doing it constantly it's not only annoying but very childish and it takes up too much room on the board. Humor is fine but when it's over done and not very funny to begin with, like all those posts are, it serves no purpose.

If I want a laugh i'll watch The Big Bang Theory like i'm doing right now laugh.gif

I agree. They need to be well done, and somewhat rare.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 7 2012, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 7 2012, 09:02 PM)
Yes.  If it is done well, it can be funny.

This.

+1

...and none of us are as funny as we think we are sometimes (no names)

Funny is a subjective thing. What one person finds funny does not mean everyone will find funny. I crack jokes all the time and probably the majority of them are lame but I wouldn't come up with the good ones unless I said all the bad ones, also.

There are things that I sometimes find hilarious but no one else does. I don't care, I just accept that no one else finds it funny but I still do. I am not going to argue with someone and try to convince them that it is funny. Sometimes I find it very funny to purposely tell lame jokes.

Anyhow, the point that I am trying to make is that if a good percentage of people don't like a joke then it's probably not very good. The poll seems to be indicating that most of these threads are not funny.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 7 2012, 11:39 PM)
Funny is a subjective thing. What one person finds funny does not mean everyone will find funny. I crack jokes all the time and probably the majority of them are lame but I wouldn't come up with the good ones unless I said all the bad ones, also.
There are things that I sometimes find hilarious but no one else does. I don't care, I just accept that no one else finds it funny but I still do. I am not going to argue with someone and try to convince them that it is funny. Sometimes I find it very funny to purposely tell lame jokes.

Anyhow, the point that I am trying to make is that if a good percentage of people don't like a joke then it's probably not very good. The poll seems to be indicating that most of these threads are not funny.

While I accept your premises, I completely reject your conclusions.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 7 2012, 09:11 PM)
no.gif

That's why reading mine are such a delight...they are funny, but mostly to people with a sense of humor.

trink39.gif

no.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 8 2012, 09:57 AM)
no.gif

That's why reading mine are such a delight...they are funny, but mostly to people with a sense of humor.

trink39.gif

Wow, I bet you are flexible enough to pleasure yourself too!

You have like 5 people tell you that your threads are funny. So obviously in your mind, you are doing this forum a favor by posting this inane garbage.

People that find your threads/posts to be absolutely stupid does not mean they do not have a good sense of humor. That is one hell of a logical fallacy.... "I'm a great cook, I like my food, my family likes my food. Everyone else that tries my food hates it - so they must not have any taste."

Brilliant you are.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 8 2012, 10:58 AM)
no.gif

trink39.gif

You have like 5 people tell you that your threads are funny. So obviously in your mind, you are doing this forum a favor by posting this inane garbage.

Assuming people that find your threads/posts to be absolutely stupid does not mean they do not have a good sense of humor. That is one hell of a logical fallacy.... "I'm a great cook, I like my food, my family likes my food. Everyone else that tries my food hates it - so they must not have any taste."

Brilliant you are.

This coming from a man who has Homer Simpson chasing a doughnut for his avatar.

Stick with bread recipes Dawg!!!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 8 2012, 11:00 AM)
no.gif

trink39.gif

Assuming people that find your threads/posts to be absolutely stupid does not mean they do not have a good sense of humor. That is one hell of a logical fallacy.... "I'm a great cook, I like my food, my family likes my food. Everyone else that tries my food hates it - so they must not have any taste."

Brilliant you are.

This coming from a man who has Homer Simpson chasing a doughnut for his avatar.

Stick with bread recipes Dawg!!!

And what has this to do with anything?

Again - complete debate fail. When you cannot talk about the topic at hand you try and slander the opposition. You failed on both fronts.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 7 2012, 10:02 PM)
Yes. If it is done well, it can be funny.

Agree, does suck the fanbois right in. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 8 2012, 11:07 AM)
This might help you Einstein:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

See: Ad hominem... I believe it's Greek for dumbass.

Just drop it LiX! It's time to accept that he is right. After all we only have 80% of the votes and they have a whole 20%. My math isn't the greatest but it's good enough to know that 20 is a much higher number than 80. We got killed 20 to 80!

It's fine when it's done every once and a while but when there are 3-4 joke threads on the first page of a subforum it's ridiculous. I don't mind when it's well done but the majority of joke threads are terrible.

QUOTE (Amalgamation @ Aug 8 2012, 01:06 PM)
did eveyone's menses sync up?i

Hiliarious.

eyesre4.gif

no.gif

trink39.gif

z7shysterical.gif