BREAKING: Huge News about the Tour

This is from Rush is a Band:

Some tour setlist rumors are also finally starting to trickle in. The latest bit of news I've heard is that the band plans on playing all of the Clockwork Angels album minus Caravan and BU2B, both of which were thoroughly covered back on the Time Machine tour. I've also heard the unsurprising news that 5 songs from Moving Pictures will be included in the setlist.

I hope not. I hope they don't drop two of the best songs on the album. If they really need to drop something, drop a couple of songs from MP. 5 songs? Come on, They covered that pretty well oN TTMT as well. Limelight, Tom Sawyer and YYZ would have sufficed. Well, Unless the other two are Red Barchetta and The Camera Eye? Probably not! Probably Red Barchetta and Witch Hunt!

unsure.gif

Regardless, I'm not to psyched about this little piece of Information.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 10 2012, 02:44 PM)

Some tour setlist rumors are also finally starting to trickle in. The latest bit of news I've heard is that the band plans on playing all of the Clockwork Angels album minus Caravan and BU2B, both of which were thoroughly covered back on the Time Machine tour. I've also heard the unsurprising news that 5 songs from Moving Pictures will be included in the setlist.

I hope not. I hope they don't drop two of the best songs on the album. If they really need to drop something, drop a couple of songs from MP. 5 songs? Come on, They covered that pretty well oN TTMT as well. Limelight, Tom Sawyer and YYZ would have sufficed. Well, Unless the other two are Red Barchetta and The Camera Eye? Probably not! Probably Red Barchetta and Witch Hunt!

unsure.gif

I'd actually be okay with all of CA minus the original 2010 tracks. Heard them enough. To open the second half of the show with the CA title track and proceed from there would be pretty epic.

And my guesses on the MP tracks

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

YYZ

The Camera Eye

Red Barchetta

Can't play TCE one tour and then put it away. I think they had too much fun playing it on the TMT.

I hope they don't play Red Barchetta again. I'm just tired of it. But the other four I'm content with and, I would expect nothing less.

unsure.gif

I'm sorry but that is the worst rumor I've heard yet. It makes ZERO sense to not play two of the first "singles" from the album, especially since a lot of people attending this tour may not have seen Time Machine, and didn't hear Caravan and BU2B until CA came out, and then to go to the CA tour and not hear those songs....I don't think so. Playing 5 songs off MP is just the icing on the cake to this rumor. I know you didn't start this rumor, but I'm just saying, its pretty ridiculous.

Oh, and I'm incredibly, incredibly mad at whoever did that kimono picture.....I'm sorry but I really fell for that, I mean not only is it a freakin kimono but the clockwork theme and colors! It looks like it was made for this reason, not to mention with the question of what will the orchestra wear? This would have been perfect and epic! I'm now going to be disappointed to see what the orchestra really is wearing sad.gif

Edited by theprestobunnies

QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 10 2012, 08:20 PM)

unsure.gif

I'm now going to be disappointed to see what the orchestra really is wearing sad.gif

Who cares?!?!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 10 2012, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 10 2012, 08:20 PM)

unsure.gif

I'm now going to be disappointed to see what the orchestra really is wearing sad.gif

Who cares?!?!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 8 2012, 11:52 AM)
...and in other "news"

Alex Lifeson seen with prototype Les Paul Axcess Double Neck in CA rehearsals.

He was so impressed with Geddy playing the Nashville tuned guitar in the studio that he wanted to make sure he had that sound available at any time on the bottom six.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/bigal.jpg

If this is truly from rehearsals, I PRAY hes using that guitar to play a FULL Xanadu this tour!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Aug 11 2012, 09:37 AM)
...and in other "news"

He was so impressed with Geddy playing the Nashville tuned guitar in the studio that he wanted to make sure he had that sound available at any time on the bottom six.

If this is truly from rehearsals, I PRAY hes using that guitar to play a FULL Xanadu this tour!

This ones obvious for many reasons:

A. The top neck isnt 12 string

B. The tone pots aren't in the correct place if it was a double neck

C. This guitar doesn't exist. Although it would be sick

D. That's Alex's rig from the 07/08 tours. Something tells me he'll be sticking with something like what he had on TMT. If its not the same exact setup, it will be a modification of it.

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Aug 11 2012, 12:13 PM)
...and in other "news"

D. That's Alex's rig from the 07/08 tours. Something tells me he'll be sticking with something like what he had on TMT. If its not the same exact setup, it will be a modification of it.

Plus, he'd never wear a double neck that low.

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Aug 11 2012, 11:13 AM)
...and in other "news"

So much for wishful thinking....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 11 2012, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Aug 11 2012, 12:13 PM)
...and in other "news"

Plus, he'd never wear a double neck that low.

Oh yea. I don't think anyone would wear a double neck that low. Too damn heavy. No matter what age you are.

Somebodies are taking this whole fan forum thing waaaay to seriously. I, too, though this was funny. I suppose that makes me number 6.

I mean, seriously: If you came here all excited, only to be disappointed by the fact that it wasn't real, then you had better be a recipient of the Make a Wish Foundation before you start trying to guilt the jokers into remission.