• Exit...Stage Left
    • Grace Under Pressure Tour
    • A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages
    • Rush in Rio
    • R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour
    • Snakes & Arrows Live
    • Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland

Different Stages for me, because I love Neil's drum sound, the slower paced, more relaxed performances (particularly Freewill), and the fact that they did the whole of 2112, possibly for the last time. Edited by Simon

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 6 2012, 01:55 PM)
exit stage left, because i was there and that they were at their peak. It's only too short...

+1

ESL for me too.

Although I pray for the day when ALL the raw tapes from that tour are recompiled and remastered. The ESL video has Bytor and one of the intro sequences has an audio clip from The Camera Eye. These must get remastered and included in a DVD set. Remember, these were all limited to the lengths of an audio cassette or LP.

QUOTE (Simon @ Aug 25 2012, 10:19 AM)
Different Stages for me, because I love Neil's drum sound, the slower paced, more relaxed performances (particularly Freewill), and the fact that they did the whole of 2112, possibly for the last time.

I hate the Different Stages collection (I saw this live in West Palm Beach 2nd row) because the band simply sounds off. Neil's timing is so bad in some songs its painful. The audio mix interesting but to me the performance is sub-par for Rush.

Exit... Stage Left

It has the best song selection. This is the album that prompted me to buy all their prior albums.

Geddy has good vocals.

I love the sequence of "Broon's Bane", "The Trees", and "Xanadu".

I prefer some of the songs on this album over their studio counterparts.

ATWAS is amazing especially considering when it was recorded. Sounds perfect even today. It's a great representation of the way they sounded back then. Not a note out of place. It holds a special place in my heart since it was one of the first albums that I bought of their it holds a special place in my heart since it was one of the first albums of theirs that I bought.

As far as the newer live albums go, I have to pick Different Stages. There's just so much on there and it sounds great. Before Geddys voice started it's downhilll slide.

• Like 1

Exit is my favorite, because the songs are from my favorite era, but ATWAS is their BEST! No question.