Coming Soon

Ru5h F@n

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Dec 2 2005, 12:36 AM)
David Gilmour of Pink Floyd has a THIRD SOLO ALBUM due on March 6 for the world outside America on EMI and on March 7, 2006 on Capitol called On an Island

You're kidding. Why is it everytime Roger does some kind of solo work, either PF or Gilmour is right behind? Heh, maybe one of em should release work on a regular basis, then they both will laugh.gif

Edited by Moonraker

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 2 2005, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Dec 2 2005, 12:36 AM)
David Gilmour of Pink Floyd has a THIRD SOLO ALBUM due on March 6 for the world outside America on EMI and on March 7, 2006 on Capitol called On an Island

You're kidding. Why is it everytime Roger does some kind of solo work, either PF or Gilmour is right behind? Heh, maybe one of em should release work on a regular basis, then they both will laugh.gif

I am not bulls**tting on the new David Gilmour album! Roger is working on two rock albums as soon as his opera is done. Roger on the BBC Radio 2 stated the possibility of working on another album with PF. They will do some shows ala Cream and do a Last Waltz type thing!

From brain-damage.co.uk and A Fleeting Glimpse

DAVID GILMOUR - ON AN ISLAND!

Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has more than one reason to celebrate on his 60th birthday next year - March 6th 2006 sees the long-awaited release of his new solo album "On An Island" with a US release date March 7, 2006.

Released on EMI Records in the UK and Capitol in the US, the album is the first solo release from David since 1984's "About Face" 22 years. Following the release of "On An Island", David will embark on a European and American tour during the months of March, April and May 2006 - and we should have details of these dates soon.

"On An Island" is produced by David, along with Chris Thomas(whom mixed Dark Side of the Moon) and Phil Manzanera(Roxy Music guitarist). Orchestrations are by the renowned composer Zbigniew Preisner and were recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.

The title track teams Gilmour with David Crosby and Graham Nash - three of the greatest voices in contemporary music. Fellow Floyd member keyboardist Richard Wright, Robert Wyatt, Jools Holland, and Guy Pratt also feature on the album.

Damn, anybody know how long do we have to wait for the new Tool album?!

Blows the dust off this thread..

A new Morrissey solo album will be released this year, "Ringleader of the Tormentors", due out April 4th in the US. Check out this billboard.com link for more info http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_di...t_id=1001806691

Tracklisting:

01 I Will See You in Far-Off Places

02 Dear God Please Help Me

03 You Have Killed Me

04 The Youngest Was the Most Loved

05 In The Future When All's Well

06 The Father Who Must Be Killed

07 Life Is a Pigsty

08 I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now

09 On The Streets I Ran

10 To Me You Are a Work of Art

11 I Just Want to See the Boy Happy

12 At Last I Am Born

Xantherian Nemisis- THE EP!

Its gonna be out in early-mid July!!! and some shows before and after that.

The EP! will feature - 6-7 songs more or less to be expected.

I heard a new Guns N Roses song yesterday!!!

Chinese Democracy will finally come out. And it sounds awesome! 1022.gif

The Raconteurs (Jack White + Brendan Benson) debut album has been confirmed for May 16.

As for some of the ones people have mentioned above:

Chinese Democracy - What I've heard is great. I'm guessing May for a release, realistically.

Morrissey - Amazing. I've listened to it like 12 times in the last week. My favorite record of 2006 so far, along with the new Flaming Lips album.

Gilmour's album is decent, but nothing that hasn't been done better on pretty much every Floyd album.

Mindcrime is okay...a lot better than I expected, but if the original was a 9, this is a 7.5.

QUOTE (Qball @ Jan 8 2006, 02:01 PM)
Damn, anybody know how long do we have to wait for the new Tool album?!

OOL - Release Date Confirmed For 10,000 Days

2006-03-10 10:21:45

Billboard.com (www.billboard.com) has issued the following report from Jonathan Cohen:

Rock act TOOL will break a five-year silence on May 2nd with its next Volcano album, 10,000 Days. No other details have yet been revealed about the project, which is the follow-up to 2001's Lateralus. That set debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 2.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As previously reported, Tool will play its first U.S. show since late 2002 when it headlines the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 30th in Indio, CA. No other U.S. dates have been confirmed.

Afterward, Tool will spend the first portion of the summer playing the European festival circuit, with dates on tap through July 9th at Finland's Turku Festival.

Here are Tool's tour dates:

May

26 - Lisbon, Portugal at Parque Tejo

27 - Madrid, Spain at Festimad

29 - Barcelona, Spain at Razzmatazz

30 - Villeurbanne, France at Transbordeur

31 - Luxembourg, Luxembourg at Rockhal

June

2: Nurburgring, Germany at Rock am Ring

3 - Nuremberg, Germany at Rock im Park

4 - Landgraaf, Holland at Pink Pop Festival

5 - Hamburg, Germany at Sporthalle

7 - Berlin, Germany at Columbiahalle

8 - Dusseldorf, Germany at Phillipshalle

9 - Donington, England at Download Festival

17 - Nickelsdorf, Austria at Nova Rock Festival

19 - Milan, Italy at Filaforum

21 - Rome, Italy at Foro Italico Center

22 - Bologna, Italy at L.R. Arena

24 - Katowice, Poland at Spodek

25 - Prage, Czech Republic at T-Mobile Arena

28 - Paris, France at Le Zenith

29 - Werchter, Belgium at Rock Werchter Festival

July

1 - Roskilde, Denmark at Roskilde Festival

4 - Kristiansand, Norway at Quart Festival

7 - Gothenburg, Sweden at Metal Town Festival

9 - Turku, Finland at Turku Festival

http://www.bravewords.com/news/41268

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 10 2006, 03:31 PM)
I REALLY hope that 10,000 days is just a decoy title or something...because it's TERRIBLE. f***ing Disturbed put out a record called 10,000 Fists last year.

Always looking forward to new Tool though.

I'm looking forward to this release with great anticipation. It's too bad that I won't be able to see them until July, at the earliest.

The title could be a decoy, knowing Tool. They like to throw curveballs, at their fans. Keep them guessing.

At the same time, knowing Maynard, 10'000 years could be the single unifying concept behind the recording and his lyrics.

I could also see him hearing about the Disturbed title, but not allowing it to alter his, 'artistic vision', and sticking with his original plan.

Until May, it's a mystery! ph34r.gif

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium - May 9

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000EMGAOY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V54993044_.jpg

Stadium Arcadium on Amazon.com

I'm looking forward to:

The Mars Volta's new album, which comes out in less than 3 weeks

The remaster/reissue of Hellborg/Lane/Baker's (that's Ginger Baker's son Kofi) Abstractlogic (with 2 extra tracks) August 15...

GPS - Window to the Soul - feat ex-Asia main man John Payne and the incredible Guthrie Govan on guitar...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 23 2006, 08:26 PM)
I wasn't impressed with the new Chili peppers single to be honest...it wasn't bad, but it was kind of formulaic for them.

I agree

Bought the album and to me it just seems...well...bland? sad.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 23 2006, 08:26 PM)
I wasn't impressed with the new Chili peppers single to be honest...it wasn't bad, but it was kind of formulaic for them.

I'm looking forward to the Empire- Kasabian biggrin.gif