Body Electric- Bring It Back

Love this song. My favorite off GUP. I doubt they'll ever bring it back. But if they played the shit out of it (fatter bass sound for Geddy than on the original tour, and even the synths sound a little thin in that clip, otherwise a pretty good recording) it could go over really well I think.

I just listened to the clip and I stand by my original Statement. There are much better songs on GuP than The Body Electric. The Song drags, the only part that's still worth listening too is during Alex's lead o the break. Personally I think its Neil drumming pattern in the verses that makes it drag. Once he turns to the ride the song pick up.

Actually. I think Kid Gloves would be a much better choice from that album:

It still rocks!

unsure.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 17 2012, 02:53 PM)
I just listened to the clip and I stand by my original Statement. There are much better songs on GuP than The Body Electric. The Song drags, the only part that's still worth listening too is during Alex's lead o the break. Personally I think its Neil drumming pattern in the verses that makes it drag. Once he turns to the ride the song pick up.

unsure.gif

I agree. I really hated the video for that song. Scratching my head they chose that one to actually make into a video.

Let's try "The Enemy Within"...Hell all of the Fear series 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 17 2012, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 17 2012, 02:53 PM)

unsure.gif

I agree. I really hated the video for that song. Scratching my head they chose that one to actually make into a video.

Let's try "The Enemy Within"...Hell all of the Fear series 1022.gif

Yeah all of "Fear"!

1287.gif 1287.gif yes.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

The choruses are a little plodding (1-0-0-1-0-0 ...) but the verses are gorgeous and if they played the shit out of it this could be awesome.

That said, something like Kid Gloves might more readily "sit well" in a set list in the year 2012.

Also like BE's bass line over that of Kid Gloves. The solo section of the former also has Geddy and Alex both working their magic. While in the latter it's lots of 'straight eighths' from Ged.

The lyrics of either song remain quite timely, if not moreso than back when they were written. But I actually prefer the sci-fi mien of Body Electric. In a culture that's very ambivalent about what it is, Neil goes for the throat. It's a neat, creative enough little conceit.

Edited by FarUnlitUnknown

Yeah, I hope they play this song it's great and Neil owns it.

Boom, bada d d d boom!

Bada d d d BANG!

Bada d d d BOOM!

Bada d d d BIFF!

Either that or Enemy Within would make the 2012 setlist much better, I hope we get 1 or 2 GUP songs not named 'Distant Early Warning" this time.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 6 2012, 10:31 AM)
While I agree DEW and RSA have been played a lot I will take ANYTHING off P/g! and/or PoW and be very happy smile.gif

You must be creaming in your jeans!!

rofl3.gif