Should i go?

That One Guy

Should I buy a ticket to this years' tour?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy a ticket to this years' tour?

• Yaaa
    • Nooo

At $70+ a ticket for a show 450 miles away from me, it's tricky. Plus, it's seeming hard to find a companion for the show.

I really want to be hitting every Rush show i can before the show's over for good, even if there's gonna be a "string section"

What'dyall think

Why do you need a "companion"?

I'm flying to NYC the day before opening night in Manchester, NH by myself to see a show in Times Square then traveling up to NH on my own.

I'll know several people there but I certainly don't need another person with me to make the trip enjoyable.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 5 2012, 03:31 PM)
I'm flying to NYC the day before opening night in Manchester, NH by myself to see a show in Times Square then traveling up to NH on my own.

I'll know several people there but I certainly don't need another person with me to make the trip enjoyable.

Spoken like a true 2.gif fan...

QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 5 2012, 04:31 PM)

I know other people going but I will be in my own section not with them. I can enjoy

rush just fine by myself. Plus, if you go with anyone but the most hardcore fans they might ruin it by talking or eating.

Damn right...I've seen a ton of concert by myself. 2.gif (9) times from what I can figure.....You're gonna meet people there who all have the same thing in common.

And 70 bucks???!!! That's practically a bargain!!!

But since you're being such a weenie about it...Stay home...We'll all tell you allll about it!!!!!!!! wink.gif

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

I'd wait to the reviews are in/setlist is revealed before making plans to go. Thats a long way to travel for a show... IMHO.

As for having a companion, ive seen a bunch of shows solo, including rush and its just fine!

Edited by greg2112

I paid 103 bucks for a ticket, for a show about the same distance away, plus air and hotel etc.

This may be the very last tour, and perhaps the last chance I could have to see them, so I figure it's worth it.

I'm heading to Buffalo by myself, but it is a hell of a lot closer that 450 miles. I don't think that I would go that far even if it was the closest they were playing to me. Then again, I am older and have seen them many times. My opinion may be different if I had never seen them.

Yes, you should. Don't worry about not having anyone to go with. I've gone to a few concerts by myself before and I enjoyed it. Sometimes you just can't find anybody who's into the band you're seeing and you gotta go on your own. I'm not a chatty person at concerts anyways, so I don't have a problem with going on my own.

The main issue I see is the 450 miles you have to travel for it. As long as you're able to afford the expenses for that along with the ticket then you have to make it happen trink39.gif

If you really need a Poll to convince you to pay $ 70 to go to a RUSH concert. I say no! Go see someone else! Maybe after seeing 2 other acts for $ 35 each play for an hour or an hour and a half or so you will come to your senses and realize how ignorant your were for even posting this.

bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Aug 6 2012, 04:04 AM)
At $70+ a ticket for a show 450 miles away from me, it's tricky. Plus, it's seeming hard to find a companion for the show.

I really want to be hitting every Rush show i can before the show's over for good, even if there's gonna be a "string section"

What'dyall think

If my foot could reach, I'd kick you. pokey.gif

1) It's 2.gif .

2) 70 bucks isn't that much these days. If you think it is, then simply get any job you can to make that dough.

3) 450 miles= borrow a car, take a bus or train, walk, bicycle, hop, skip, crawl, horseback...

4) Yeah, the Rush caravan can't last too many more years.

5) Companion comschmanion!!!!

6) It's 2.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Aug 5 2012, 08:04 PM)
I really want to be hitting every Rush show i can

That's the answer!!!

$70 is a great price for a ticket

You don't need anyone to go to a show with

A long drive does a mind good

Get your ass to the show !

1022.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Aug 5 2012, 02:04 PM)

What'dyall think

Now that I'm reading this thread, i can't believe it's a question asked outloud.

Get some fuzz on them peaches and go by yourself...who needs a "companion" to jam to Clockwork F'N Angels.

This sounds like a gonadal integrity issue here folks

1287.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 5 2012, 04:11 PM)
Go for it. You NEVER know when the last show will take place. I saw the Counterparts tour by myself, it was fine.

Even the songs from Counterparts? sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 5 2012, 09:10 PM)
If you really need a Poll to convince you to pay $ 70 to go to a RUSH concert. I say no! Go see someone else! Maybe after seeing 2 other acts for $ 35 each play for an hour or an hour and a half or so you will come to your senses and realize how ignorant your were for even posting this.

bitchslap.gif

You must not have read the post clearly. The poster is not just paying for a $70 ticket but they also have a 450 mile trip to see the show which won't be cheap and will take some time and planning to get there. Not an easy choice to make considering the time and gas money this will cost.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 5 2012, 04:06 PM)

Damn right...I've seen a ton of concert by myself. 2.gif (9) times from what I can figure....

Oh, you're one of those people...playing air drums by yourself in your own little world, others keeping at least 3 feet away from you. Yes, I've seen you before.

Your chances of getting an excellent seat go up when you go alone. Oddly enough on the Counterparts tour when I went alone I was sitting between two women. What are those odds?

Go man go. Get there stand in your seat and introduce yourself to those around you. They're all gonna be Rush fans or dragged there by a Rush fan. Almost all them are good folks.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 6 2012, 10:51 AM)
Your chances of getting an excellent seat go up when you go alone. Oddly enough on the Counterparts tour when I went alone I was sitting between two women. What are those odds?

Go man go. Get there stand in your seat and introduce yourself to those around you. They're all gonna be Rush fans or dragged there by a Rush fan. Almost all them are good folks.

goodpost.gif

I've met some of the nicest Rush fans over the years at Rush shows and, of course, right here on TRF and RIAB.