NFL 2012-2013 Season

The Owl

No one's going to believe this but apparently Tony Gonzalez has informed the Falcons he wants to return.

No one's going to believe this but apparently Tony Gonzalez has informed the Falcons he wants to return.

They begged him.

His wife begged him not to play but he finally won the day by arguing that he was only 2 games against the Saints from breaking every one of Jerry Rice's receiving records.

They begged him.

His wife begged him not to play but he finally won the day by arguing that he was only 2 games against the Saints from breaking every one of Jerry Rice's receiving records.

They won't beat the Saints in 2013, they only won one game against us last year because Matty Lice fluked a pass to Roddy Shite after tripping up at the line of scrimmage in a hilarous Mark Sanchez-like blunder.

NFL Competition Committee proposes rule to penalize RBs for lowering heads to initiate contact with defenders.

:facepalm:

According to Mortensen, the players are NOT happy.

Unbelieveable, how the hell are they going to enforce that!! This crap is getting way out of hand, football is a violent sport it's not for :pussy: .

Unbelieveable, how the hell are they going to enforce that!! This crap is getting way out of hand, football is a violent sport it's not for :pussy: . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2n3jOEYBY

Apparently, the bureaucrats and lawyers for the NFL think that running backs should run straight up when they're in the open field. That way, the defenders will be able to two-hand tag them much more easily.....

• Like 1

Bills nearing agreement with Kevin Kolb. Western NY hasn't been this excited since Ryan Fitzpatrick's last contract.

And the revolving QB saga continues for the Browns, Colt goes to niners for some draft picks....

Is Jason Campbell worth this move??? :facepalm:

At least McCoy and kicker Phil Dawson will have a opportunity to wear a super bowl ring. God knows Phil deserves one all the years he suffered with Cleveland he was our most consistent scoring threat. Sad but turned out being a wise move for once by Browns management putting the franchise tag on a field goal kicker.

Edited by softfilter

Former Patriot coach Chuck Fairbanks dies at 79. He also coached at Oklahoma (I think he was succeeded by Switzer) and Colorado.

Maybe the greatest kicker of all time hung it up today. Probably the most underrated.

Jason Hanson wanted to keep on kicking. His body told him to stop.

The Detroit Lions' kicker is retiring after 21 seasons. The 42-year-old Hanson announced his decision Thursday. He said he thought about returning, but problems with his heel prompted him to call it a career.

"It's time," Hanson said. "I gave serious thought and consideration to playing in 2013. While the determination and willpower are still there, the wear and tear on my body, especially the issues I had and still have with my heel, have convinced me that it's time to retire."

Hanson became the first player to play 300 games with one franchise, finishing with 327. He also set an NFL record last year when he played his 21st season with the same team.

Hanson made a record 52 field goals from at least 50 yards. He's third on the career scoring list at 2,150 points and third in field goals with 495. Hanson is the only player with 2,000 points for one franchise.

"Jason Hanson is the gold standard," Lions president Tom Lewand said. "He had an exemplary, Hall of Fame-worthy career on the field, and for those of us fortunate to know him well, he is an even better person, teammate, friend, husband and father."

Hanson joined such players as Jerry Rice, George Blanda, Morten Andersen, Gary Anderson and Vinny Testaverde with 21 pro seasons.

BUFFALO, NY—After signing a two-year contract with the team, quarterback Kevin Kolb revealed Wednesday that he has always dreamt of playing for the Buffalo Bills from the moment he was cut by the Arizona Cardinals and had absolutely no other alternatives. “Ever since I can remember being a free agent without a shred of interest from any other teams, I’ve always wanted to wear that Bills uniform,” said Kolb, adding that he leapt at the opportunity as soon as he heard the Bills were the sole NFL franchise willing to employ him following his disappointing stint with the Cardinals. “To finally be where I’ve dreamed of playing since back when I was told by my agent that the Bills were my only shot at continuing my NFL career—it is really a dream come true.” Reached for comment, Bills head coach Doug Marrone told reporters he had always hoped to work with Kolb, dating back to the first time he realized the six-year veteran was the only quarterback the team could get.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kevin-kolb-ive-always-dreamed-of-playing-for-the-b,32010/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

• Like 2

Burning Question Of The Day: Can the NFL survive the shock and horror of losing Tim Tebow? Now that the Jets have waived him, will pro football ever recover?

Burning Question Of The Day: Can the NFL survive the shock and horror of losing Tim Tebow? Now that the Jets have waived him, will pro football ever recover?

He'll resurface in the reincarnated USFL in 2014.