NFL 2012-2013 Season

The Owl

I didn't realize it was on NFLN till this morning.

I'm surprised Goodell let the Saints anywhere near the HOF.

Sad news from Eagle camp...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/stor...hia-eagles-camp

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Garrett Reid, the oldest son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead Sunday morning in his room at training camp at Lehigh University.

The Eagles held Sunday morning's practice, but Andy Reid wasn't present. Eagles general manager Howie Roseman told reporters that Reid asked the team to go forward with training camp.

Garrett Reid
Edward Schupp, Chief of Police at Lehigh, said a 911 call was made at 7:20 a.m. Schupp said Garrett Reid was deceased upon a policeman's arrival at the campus dormitory. Schupp added "there were no suspicious activities."

Players gathered for a team prayer before the walk-through began, and were told not to speak to reporters afterward.

Garrett Reid had been assisting the Eagles' strength coaches at training camp.

Garrett Reid was sentenced to two years in a state drug rehabilitation program in July 2008 after being caught with 89 prescription pills inside his rectum at the Montgomery County Prison. He was in the county prison on charges related to a January 2007 car crash that seriously injured a woman.

In November, 2007, Garrett Reid, who was then 24 years old, was sentenced to 23 months in prison for smashing up another motorist's car while he was high on heroin. His younger brother Britt got 22 months plus probation.

Andy Reid had taken a five-week leave of absence form the team in February, 2007 to deal with his family's crisis.

At the time of his sentencing, Garrett Reid said, "I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'd and just faded into oblivion."

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 5 2012, 07:53 AM)
I didn't realize it was on NFLN till this morning.

I'm surprised Goodell let the Saints anywhere near the HOF.

They had picture in local paper Canton Repository of Saints headcoach Sean Payton greeting Drew Brees before HOF Enshrinement Saturday. "Payton was given permission to socialize with Saints players and personnel while there in Canton for the game tonight".

And just like the bad old days, 20-30 people were arrested along the parade route for fighting, disorderly conduct and public intoxication and a suspect accidentally shot by police officer. In the 70's and early1980's night before the Hall Of Fame parade along the route was like Mardi Gras with bands playing , radio stations live broadcasts and all kinds of vendors. (Mostly booze) Idea was innocent enough people would camp out to stake a claim for a good spot to watch the parade. Everyone had a good time. 1979? i seen Joe Namath and Lyle Alzado signing autographs and walking along with the rest of the crowd. But idiots ruined it by 1982 things started to get ugly and angry homeowners got tired of wasted fools going bathroom in there yards. Several shooting deaths and destruction of private property, and businesses along route put a end to the party and overnite camp outs. The ordinance prohibiting camping out on the sidewalks of Cleveland Avenue more then 3 hours before the parade has lapsed and the troubles appear to be starting again.

Since the Red Sox are, for all intents and purposes, done for the season, I'm ready for football season to start. According to local reporters covering the Patriots training camp, their defense, and in particular new faces Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower, looks better than the offense so far.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 7 2012, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 7 2012, 12:50 AM)
Go Packers!!

Us cheeseheads are ready to party!!!!

Oh good Lord...

Have a problem with Packer fans, Sheldon? Or was it his bad grammar? wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 7 2012, 06:34 AM)
Go Packers!!

Oh good Lord...

Have a problem with Packer fans, Sheldon? Or was it his bad grammar? wink.gif wink.gif

I believe "he" is actually a "she." And though saying "Us cheeseheads" instead of "We cheeseheads" is absolutely atrocious, I do understand that it is part of the Mid-Western vernacular.

My consternation was aimed at the fact that Wisconsinites don't know whether to eat their cheese, or wear it as a hat.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2012, 05:45 PM)
Bon Jovi is a longtime friend of Belichick. 

That explains a lot...... ohmy.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 7 2012, 05:39 AM)
Go Packers!!

Oh good Lord...

I believe "he" is actually a "she." And though saying "Us cheeseheads" instead of "We cheeseheads" is absolutely atrocious, I do understand that it is part of the Mid-Western vernacular.

My consternation was aimed at the fact that Wisconsinites don't know whether to eat their cheese, or wear it as a hat.

tongue.gif

In my case, it's both!!! Thanks!

BTW, I can think of a million more things that

are atrocious besides my grammar! Watch the

news lately?

trink39.gif

cheer.gif

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 7 2012, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 7 2012, 05:39 AM)
Go Packers!!

Oh good Lord...

tongue.gif

In my case, it's both!!! Thanks!

BTW, I can think of a million more things that

are atrocious besides my grammar! Watch the

news lately?

trink39.gif

cheer.gif

Don't be silly. The news is horrific!

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Bad news for the Bucs...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/stor...son-knee-injury

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano said Saturday that Pro Bowl guard Davin Joseph will miss the entire season after suffering a knee injury in Friday night's preseason victory against the New England Patriots.

Joseph suffered a torn patellar tendon on a play near the end of the first half. He will have surgery on Monday, Schiano said, and the team will place him on injured reserve.

"Thanks for all of the support, positive vibes, and prayers," Joseph wrote on Twitter. "Overall, it could be worse. God has a plan. I'll be back ASAP."

The Bucs had hoped to pair Joseph with free-agent pickup Carl Nicks to form one of the league's top guard tandems. But they'll now have to look at other options.

"It's part of what we do," Schiano said. "You mourn and you move on."

Schiano said the Bucs will monitor available guards, but he thinks Joseph's replacement in the starting lineup could come from within. Ted Larsen replaced Joseph on Friday night and could be the leading candidate. The Bucs also have liked what they've seen from Derek Hardman in the preseason.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 25 2012, 04:43 PM)
Bad news for the Bucs...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/stor...son-knee-injury

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano said Saturday that Pro Bowl guard Davin Joseph will miss the entire season after suffering a knee injury in Friday night's preseason victory against the New England Patriots.

Joseph suffered a torn patellar tendon on a play near the end of the first half. He will have surgery on Monday, Schiano said, and the team will place him on injured reserve.

"Thanks for all of the support, positive vibes, and prayers," Joseph wrote on Twitter. "Overall, it could be worse. God has a plan. I'll be back ASAP."

The Bucs had hoped to pair Joseph with free-agent pickup Carl Nicks to form one of the league's top guard tandems. But they'll now have to look at other options.

"It's part of what we do," Schiano said. "You mourn and you move on."

Schiano said the Bucs will monitor available guards, but he thinks Joseph's replacement in the starting lineup could come from within. Ted Larsen replaced Joseph on Friday night and could be the leading candidate. The Bucs also have liked what they've seen from Derek Hardman in the preseason.

There goes their "top guard tandem in the league" claim...

They're still the highest paid guard tandem though...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Transcendent Pilgrim @ Aug 7 2012, 11:44 PM)
NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1022.gif

I feel good about this season. We have some receivers this year to make up for last year, deep backfield and one of the best defences in the league. Adding 2 members from last years SB champs (Manningham and Jacobs) doesnt hurt either.

Russell Wilson has been named the Seahawks' starting QB for Week 1. Quite the accomplishment for a guy the "experts" thought was too short to play......

After seeing him play for the Badgers, it was obvious to me that Wilson is a player. Great football instincts...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 27 2012, 06:31 AM)
Russell Wilson has been named the Seahawks' starting QB for Week 1. Quite the accomplishment for a guy the "experts" thought was too short to play......

After seeing him play for the Badgers, it was obvious to me that Wilson is a player. Great football instincts...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

THE SAINTS have a guy at QB around that height...

wink.gif

Just for fun, post your fantasy teams for this year..

QB- Aaron Rodger (GB)

RB- Maurice Jones-Drew (JAC)

RB- Pierre Thomas (NO)

WR- Roddy White (ATL)

WR- Mike Wallace (PIT)

W/R- Ben Tate (HOU)

TE- Jared Cook (TEN)

K- Neil Rackers (WAS)

DEF - San Francisco

--------BENCH--------

Philip Rivers (QB-SD)

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (RB- CIN)

Ben Martin (RB- TB)

Reggie Wayne (WR IND)

DeAngelo Williams (RB- CAR)

Vincent Jackson (WR -TB)

(after I got my starters I went to auto pick on the draft (using NFL.com), and kind of got screwed... too many RB and WR.. no backups on TE K or DEF)

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 27 2012, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 27 2012, 06:31 AM)
Russell Wilson has been named the Seahawks' starting QB for Week 1.  Quite the accomplishment for a guy the "experts" thought was too short to play......

After seeing him play for the Badgers, it was obvious to me that Wilson is a player.  Great football instincts...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

THE SAINTS have a guy at QB around that height...

wink.gif

Ummm.....the Saints? And they are.....umm.........who are they again? 653.gif