Iron Maiden With Coheed And Cambria Absolutely

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 5 2012, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 5 2012, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 5 2012, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 5 2012, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 5 2012, 06:34 PM)
I saw this show twice last month and it was incredible both times. I agree with you Earl that Maiden is a better live band now than Rush. A lot of that has to do with the fact that Bruce still sounds great and can hit the higher notes and sing the older stuff very well still. Unlike Geddy who's live voice is getting worse with each tour. I can't believe how good of shape Bruce is in for a 54 year old man. He runs around that stage and sings like it's nothing and never sounds like he never sounds out of breath and shows very few signs of vocally straining at all.

Now, I don't agree about Nicko being better than Neil. Nicko does a good job but you never really notice him when you're listening to Maiden. Everyone else's sound, at least for me anyways, is more front and center than Nicko's playing is. At least with Rush you always hear what Neil is doing and he never just fades into the backround.

Hey!!

Excellent post bud! It's all good! You have a good point about the Maiden drumming. Even as a drummer I too catch myself tuning out the drums and focusing on Bruce and of course Adrian and Dave!!

To this day I will never understand why the hell the band decided to keep Janick Gers in the band since 1990. They don't need him!!!!

Do you agree?

Yeah, Jannick is useless. That's been talked about a few times on here in the Official Iron Maiden thread. I don't believe that Jannick's guitar is even turned on during some songs. You look over and see him strumming something but you hear no sound coming from it. But he's friends with Bruce and that's how he got and continues to keep the job.

Too bad you didn't get to see them with Cooper because he was great and that tour combo was awesome. Alice dropped off because he had shows booked in Europe that conflicted with the rest of the Maiden tour. I don't care much for C&C, mainly because I can't stand the singer. To me this was one of the most uneven opener tradeoffs ever.

Hahahaha! Many people rip on Claudio's vocals! It's ironic that many people hate Rush because of Geddy's vocals!

I am one of the few who truly loves C&C. If I had to complain about anything about the band it wouldn't be Claudio's voice. It would be how most of the songs all sound the same. Then again I guess you could label TOOL for doing the same thing. Redundant killer riffs just repeating endlessly.

I had a feeling Alice had to hit Europe or somewhere for his own tour.

I love Alice too. It would have been a win win for me either way though!!!

I really don't like Cooper's new record. Did he play some new songs on this tour?

Yeah Jannick is a TOOL to be honest!! I just tuned him out during the show.

I'm not ripping the guy for being a bad guitarist it's just pointless to have him in the band with the twin guitar attack of Smith and Murray! LEGENDS!

That would be like Judas Priest adding a third guitar player now that KK is gone.

What's that college word? Oh yeah, "superfluous!"

No Cooper didn't play any songs off the new album when he opened for Maiden. I'm not a big fan of it either so I didn't mind.

His set was:

The Black Widow

Brutal Planet

I'm Eighteen

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Hey Stoopid

Billion Dollar Babies

Feed My Frankenstein

Poison

Wicked Young Man (Alice gets decapitatied by guillotine at the end)

I Love The Dead

School's Out

DAMN!!!!

That is an awesome setlist!! Ok I'm jealous now!

Not a big fan of "Poison" though. I love the guitar riff on "Feed My Frankenstein" but that's about it!!

Nonetheless Alice is yet another LEGEND!!

1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 5 2012, 10:41 PM)
I saw this show twice last month and it was incredible both times. I agree with you Earl that Maiden is a better live band now than Rush. A lot of that has to do with the fact that Bruce still sounds great and can hit the higher notes and sing the older stuff very well still. Unlike Geddy who's live voice is getting worse with each tour. I can't believe how good of shape Bruce is in for a 54 year old man. He runs around that stage and sings like it's nothing and never sounds like he never sounds out of breath and shows very few signs of vocally straining at all.

Now, I don't agree about Nicko being better than Neil. Nicko does a good job but you never really notice him when you're listening to Maiden. Everyone else's sound, at least for me anyways, is more front and center than Nicko's playing is. At least with Rush you always hear what Neil is doing and he never just fades into the backround.

Hey!!

Excellent post bud! It's all good! You have a good point about the Maiden drumming. Even as a drummer I too catch myself tuning out the drums and focusing on Bruce and of course Adrian and Dave!!

To this day I will never understand why the hell the band decided to keep Janick Gers in the band since 1990. They don't need him!!!!

Do you agree?

Yeah, Jannick is useless. That's been talked about a few times on here in the Official Iron Maiden thread. I don't believe that Jannick's guitar is even turned on during some songs. You look over and see him strumming something but you hear no sound coming from it. But he's friends with Bruce and that's how he got and continues to keep the job.

Too bad you didn't get to see them with Cooper because he was great and that tour combo was awesome. Alice dropped off because he had shows booked in Europe that conflicted with the rest of the Maiden tour. I don't care much for C&C, mainly because I can't stand the singer. To me this was one of the most uneven opener tradeoffs ever.

Hahahaha! Many people rip on Claudio's vocals! It's ironic that many people hate Rush because of Geddy's vocals!

I am one of the few who truly loves C&C. If I had to complain about anything about the band it wouldn't be Claudio's voice. It would be how most of the songs all sound the same. Then again I guess you could label TOOL for doing the same thing. Redundant killer riffs just repeating endlessly.

I really don't like Cooper's new record. Did he play some new songs on this tour?

I'm not ripping the guy for being a bad guitarist it's just pointless to have him in the band with the twin guitar attack of Smith and Murray! LEGENDS!

That would be like Judas Priest adding a third guitar player now that KK is gone.

No Cooper didn't play any songs off the new album when he opened for Maiden. I'm not a big fan of it either so I didn't mind.

His set was:

The Black Widow

Brutal Planet

I'm Eighteen

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Hey Stoopid

Billion Dollar Babies

Feed My Frankenstein

Poison

I Love The Dead

School's Out

DAMN!!!!

Not a big fan of "Poison" though. I love the guitar riff on "Feed My Frankenstein" but that's about it!!

I like his live versions of Poison most. His aged voice has more of a growl to it.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 5 2012, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 5 2012, 10:41 PM)

Hey!!

Do you agree?

His set was:

The Black Widow

Brutal Planet

I'm Eighteen

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Hey Stoopid

Billion Dollar Babies

Feed My Frankenstein

Poison

I Love The Dead

School's Out

DAMN!!!!

I like his live versions of Poison most. His aged voice has more of a growl to it.

That's cool, I haven't heard him sing that song in years.

Is there a video out there with his most current growl?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 19 2012, 09:14 PM)
I saw them last night as well... Amazing show... Shit seat..

WAAAAY far to the right could only see a third of the stage sad.gif
thank goodness for jumbotrons

This happened to my friend and I as well except we were on the opposite side. Luckily after three songs, for some reason we got really lucky and like 6 people just left and never came back so we could shift over enough seats to have a great view. Sorry to hear about your seats. I feel like they shouldn't have even made the seating go so far out on the sides. It really is ridiculous. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 19 2012, 10:20 PM)
At my show, there was this asshole who held up his camera and blocked my view for the last 3 songs.

This happened to me when I saw Van Halen. Drunken boneheads weaving no matter which way I moved trying to see around them. At 5'2" it's almost impossible to see and I was 5th row.