Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 10 2006, 07:01 PM)
In the last few weeks:

The Tragically Hip- World Container
Switchfoot- Learning To Breathe
The Tragically Hip- In Violet Light
The Who- Who's Next

How do you like that new Switchfoot album? I was thinking of getting that one soon.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 22 2006, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 22 2006, 07:25 PM)
Guns N' Roses - The Spaghetti Incident

I love the cover of Fears- "I don't care about you" on that disc.

Hair of the Dog originally by Nazareth was another good one to cover IMO.

I don't know if I really like a lot of this, after listening to it once...The punk stuff seems to be their natural thing, but the doo-wop track was definitely not playing to Axl's strengths. Fortunately, my copy had the hidden Charles Manson cover, which has since been deleted due to controversy. And hey, it was $6 brand-new, in the cutout bin. I'll probably never buy the other two GNR CDs I need, Lies and Live Era. I say that because I plan on buying them when I buy Chinese Democracy.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 22 2006, 09:19 PM)

I don't know if I really like a lot of this, after listening to it once...The punk stuff seems to be their natural thing, but the doo-wop track was definitely not playing to Axl's strengths. Fortunately, my copy had the hidden Charles Manson cover, which has since been deleted due to controversy. And hey, it was $6 brand-new, in the cutout bin. I'll probably never buy the other two GNR CDs I need, Lies and Live Era. I say that because I plan on buying them when I buy Chinese Democracy.

Yeah, obviously their original material is better, but like you said for only $6 how could you go wrong!

I read today that Chinese Democracy now probably won't be released until 2007. Who really knows though?

QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 22 2006, 06:29 PM)

Yeah, obviously their original material is better, but like you said for only $6 how could you go wrong!

I read today that Chinese Democracy now probably won't be released until 2007. Who really knows though?

Have you heard the stuff that's leaked, IRS, Better, etc? It's really f***ing good. A lot better than I was expecting it to be. Sort of like GNR meets industrial.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 22 2006, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 22 2006, 06:29 PM)

Have you heard the stuff that's leaked, IRS, Better, etc? It's really f***ing good. A lot better than I was expecting it to be. Sort of like GNR meets industrial.

I have never heard anything that has leaked. Not that I wouldn't like to. Don't know where to look for that stuff. In fact I am so techonlogically challenged I still can't figure out FLAC files!

Went through the store today and found a new release by Fields of the Nephilim.

Genesis & Revelation, which is 2CD set including a DVD too.

Rare stuff from the early days and new Live performances from 1996 on, on the DVD.

WOHOOO biggrin.gif

Love all these, a total clean sweep, not a stinker in sight, all bought on the same day. That does not happen too often!

Richard Hawley - Coles Corner (fab, as always)

Joanna Newsom - Ys (astonishing)

Madeleine Petroux - Half The Perfect World (beautiful)

Ben Folds - supersunnyspeedgraphic, the lp(worth it for his cover of "bitches ain't shit" alone)

Bert Jansch - The Black Swan (he's back!!!)

Lyndsey Buckingham - Under The Skin (Playing it in the car all week, gorgeous, just gorgeous)

Buy All These!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 26 2006, 11:34 AM)
Without hearing a note from them, I bought Deadwing by Porcupine Tree. I bought Octavarium by Dream Theater without hearing a note and it's one of my favorite albums now, so hopefully I'll have the same luck.

Deadwing is a great album. If you like that then you'll love In Absentia.

Today I bought Tommy by The Who.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 26 2006, 01:30 PM)
Joanna Newsom - Ys (astonishing)

You know, as hard as I try, I honestly do not get the hype with her at all. My friend is a huge fan, and he burned me both of her CDs recently, but I just can't get into them. Maybe it's her voice...not my cup of tea.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 21 2006, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 10 2006, 07:01 PM)
In the last few weeks:

The Tragically Hip- World Container
Switchfoot- Learning To Breathe
The Tragically Hip- In Violet Light
The Who- Who's Next

How do you like that new Switchfoot album? I was thinking of getting that one soon.

It's a lot different than their last two albums, I think. A lot of the songs are sort of silly, but there's some really good ones. And the whole album is a lot more upbeat than what they've done recently. The religious themes in the lyrics are a lot stronger too, for better or for worse...

What albums do you have?

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Dec 3 2006, 09:14 PM)
As I said earlier, I bought Deadwing by Porcupine Tree. It's okay, but it's not one of my favorites right now.

A few weeks ago, I bought Abacab by Genesis. That CD is awesome.

Hopefully PT and Deadwing grow on you. There one of my favorite bands. trink38.gif

World Container-The hip

The Elder-Kiss

High & Mighty-Gov't Mule

Live Rust- Neil Young

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 7 2006, 08:10 AM)

Dream Theatre - Once in a Livetime

that is a great album. not their best live imo, but still very very good.

I just recently got the newest Imogen Heap CD cause a few of my friends from college said it would be something i would like. Suprisingly they were right, and I liked Frou Frou's work on the Garden State soundtrack which turns out that Heap was the vocalist for!