Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy of Somewhere Else yet, and I preordered it a month ago. I'm furious. angry.gif

I did something I wouldn't normally do and downloaded Fear of a Blank Planet, because today is its release day, I preordered it over a month ago, and it's absolutely disgusting that Amazon waited until yesterday to ship it so it will take a few more days to get here. I figure, I paid for it, I waited for it, it's out today; by all rights, I own it.

Edited by Kudzu

QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 22 2007, 12:10 PM)
I should be buying FOABP on Tuesday at Best Buy!

I didn't see it at my local Best Buy...@#$%$!!!!!!

I deleted Fear of a Blank Planet from my hard drive. I don't need to listen to it again until it comes.

It was so-so. Maybe a grower. "My Ashes", "Anesthetize", and "Sentimental" are pretty good tracks.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 24 2007, 08:13 PM)

Same here dude. rage.gif I'm so pissed right now. I asked them about it, they said they're not getting it until NEXT week and they're only getting 1 copy of it. How f***ing sweet is that. Might as well call a few other music retailers near me to see if they have it. I maybe can get it tomorrow or on Thursday.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 24 2007, 08:52 PM)

Same here dude. rage.gif I'm so pissed right now. I asked them about it, they said they're not getting it until NEXT week and they're only getting 1 copy of it. How f***ing sweet is that. Might as well call a few other music retailers near me to see if they have it. I maybe can get it tomorrow or on Thursday.

OK. Screw Best Buy. I just called a music store called Coconuts and the guy there also said they don't have it, but I did ask him if they were getting it and he said yes. He said that the next shipment of CDs would be this Thursday, and they should have it in shelves by Friday. So HOPEFULLY I can get it on Friday.

Damn, buying a CD has never been so hard for me. It was released yesterday for Christ's sake, they can't get it to the store on time?

QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 25 2007, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 24 2007, 08:52 PM)

OK. Screw Best Buy. I just called a music store called Coconuts and the guy there also said they don't have it, but I did ask him if they were getting it and he said yes. He said that the next shipment of CDs would be this Thursday, and they should have it in shelves by Friday. So HOPEFULLY I can get it on Friday.

Damn, buying a CD has never been so hard for me. It was released yesterday for Christ's sake, they can't get it to the store on time?

OK, I don't normally buy my music from there, but I just checked the local Borders. They got it. I'm getting it tomorrow.

I might boycott Best Buy for the time being.

Ah, who am I kidding. Best Buy is my favorite store. I'd only be punishing myself.

tongue.gif

I bought Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree on Tuesday. I'm liking it so far, but I think there's even more to unlock, much like all Porcupine Tree albums.

EDIT: It was the only one in stock at Best Buy! ohmy.gif

Edited by priest_of_syrinx

Found a new record store, got tons of vinyl 2day:

Pink Floyd-The Wall

Pink Floyd-Meddle

Pink Floyd-Animals

Lou Reed-The Blue Mask

The Velvet Underground-The Velvet Underground and Nico Limited edition colored vinyl (sealed)

Rush-Signals

Emerson, Lake and Palmer-Brain Salad Surgery

David Bowie-The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

got in the mail also:

Rush- Archives, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures (all vinyl)

The Velvet Underground-The Velvet Underground (CD)

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 30 2007, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Apr 30 2007, 03:37 PM)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/mortenmat/KopiavDSC01833.jpg

2.gif

You got a digipak?!?!?!?!

That is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

its pretty cool! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Kudzu @ May 1 2007, 01:26 AM)
Snakes & Arrows by Rush.

Ditto, just bought it now.

I almost couldn't find it at Best Buy, they had it hidden off in some obscure section. BTW, I saw that "Ne-Yo" release, it was right next to S&A. And I got a digipak as well. 1022.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ May 1 2007, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ May 1 2007, 01:26 AM)
Snakes & Arrows by Rush.

Ditto, just bought it now.

I almost couldn't find it at Best Buy, they had it hidden off in some obscure section. BTW, I saw that "Ne-Yo" release, it was right next to S&A. And I got a digipak as well. 1022.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

yay! now crank the volum up!