Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 5 2007, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 2 2007, 11:18 PM)
Eh, it was alright. Nothing they didn't do on their last two albums.

Hmm, I thought the vocals were much better on this one.

Well, Chris Cornell has always been a terrific vocalist...I don't know, though, the singer from Soundgarden and the musicians from Rage, that band should by all rights be earth-shatteringly great, but Audioslave is just really ordinary. Far less than the sum of its parts.

Their first album I liked a lot, though.

Holidays in Eden just came. My first reaction to the opening of "Cover My Eyes", the lead-off track, was, "Cool! The new U2 album!"

It's a bit of a departure from the Marillion that I've had this whirlwind love affair with. It's poppy AoR, but it's not bad. If I can like Journey, U2, and even REO Speedwagon, I can just relax and like Holidays for what it is.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 8 2007, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jan 8 2007, 03:15 PM)
If I can like Journey, U2, and even REO Speedwagon, I can just relax and like Holidays for what it is.

Please don't put U2 in the same category as Journey or REO Speedwagon.

Arena rock, amigo. U2 just chose to be radical and innovative with it, although that wore thin after The Joshua Tree and they had to reinvent it for the '90s.

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jan 8 2007, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 8 2007, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jan 8 2007, 03:15 PM)
If I can like Journey, U2, and even REO Speedwagon, I can just relax and like Holidays for what it is.

Please don't put U2 in the same category as Journey or REO Speedwagon.

Arena rock, amigo. U2 just chose to be radical and innovative with it, although that wore thin after The Joshua Tree and they had to reinvent it for the '90s.

Yeah, exactly. U2 were radical and innovative. Journey and REO were not.

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jan 8 2007, 09:05 PM)
Got Radiohead's OK Computer the other day. I really like it. I heard that "The Bends" was pretty good too. would you guys recommend it?

Definitely. Their first great album. 1st album "Pablo Honey" is poor, and "Creep" is way too familiar at this stage.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 9 2007, 06:38 AM)
QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jan 8 2007, 09:05 PM)
Got Radiohead's OK Computer the other day. I really like it. I heard that "The Bends" was pretty good too. would you guys recommend it?

Definitely. Their first great album. 1st album "Pablo Honey" is poor, and "Creep" is way too familiar at this stage.

Get The Bends, Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, and Thom Yorke's solo album, The Eraser. All extremely worthwhile purchases.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 14 2007, 09:50 AM)
U2 - Achtung Baby (wow)

Isn't it, though..."wow" is the right word. What a fantastic album.

How they could have gone from something that great to something as shitty as their last two albums in under a decade is beyond me.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 14 2007, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 14 2007, 09:50 AM)
U2 - Achtung Baby (wow)

Isn't it, though..."wow" is the right word. What a fantastic album.

How they could have gone from something that great to something as shitty as their last two albums in under a decade is beyond me.

This is my first, proper foray into the world of U2. And from what i've heard on radio or live stuff of the last two albums, this makes them look completely bland.