Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 9 2006, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 10 2006, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 9 2006, 06:35 PM)
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell

This is a great album, despite not having Roger Waters. High Hopes and Keep Talking are terrific.

It was actually me becomming addicted to Nightwish's cover of High Hopes that inspired me to get the album...

That might be interesting to hear.

From LaLa.com I recieved Radiohead's Pablo Honey...sadly, it had no artwork. I'll have to do something about this.

And I picked up U2's Achtung Baby, deluxe digipak edition used for $6. I feel all dirty now about giving Bono my money, but this was too good a price for something that's mildly rare. And this is the only album of theirs I enjoy front to back, so it was worth it.

Since school's out, I decided to treat myself.

Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill

Beck - Mellow Gold

Genesis - Duke

Nirvana - In Utero

Kanye West - Laye Registration

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted: Luxe and Reduxe

Pixies - Surfer Rosa

And most importantly:

Rush - Replay X3

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 15 2006, 06:01 AM)
Last albums i bought were:
Feedback
And On An Island- David Gilmour.
On an island kicks so much ass.
For something that's not rush of course.
Loved feedback, great covers.
They all sounded like evryone was having fun.

I liked On an Island the first couple times I listened to it, but I don't really think it has any lasting impression to be honest. It's just sort of like a more boring version of a post-Waters Floyd album.

Feedback is great, though. Definitely one to get on vinyl if you can find it.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 15 2006, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 15 2006, 06:01 AM)
Last albums i bought were:
Feedback
And On An Island- David Gilmour.
On an island kicks so much ass.
For something that's not rush of course.
Loved feedback, great covers.
They all sounded like evryone was having fun.

I liked On an Island the first couple times I listened to it, but I don't really think it has any lasting impression to be honest. It's just sort of like a more boring version of a post-Waters Floyd album.

Feedback is great, though. Definitely one to get on vinyl if you can find it.

backstage has it on vinyl.

I'm thinking about ordering it.

Well, I'm woefully behind, but I got "American Idiot" - Green Day - for my birthday and am enjoying it immensely.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 27 2006, 05:29 AM)
Well, I'm woefully behind, but I got "American Idiot" - Green Day - for my birthday and am enjoying it immensely.

Ha, I just listened to this album for the first time in like 8 months last night...despite all the fact that most of the songs were overplayed like they were freebirds singing a bohemian rhapsody up the stairway to heaven, it's still a pretty f***ing good record.

If you dig the album, I would highly recommend picking up the "Bullet in a Bible" DVD/CD package that features a live show from Milton Keynes on the AI tour. Great performance. I saw them twice on that tour, and they were phenominal both times.

birthday gifts:

Talk Talk - It's My Life

Mark Hollis - Mark Hollis

Porcupine Tree - Metanoia

Picked up Billy Talent II today. Pretty friggin' rockin'.

Also, my From Here on In DVD, Long Live the Weekend single, and Hellbound/It's for Your Own Good double set from The Living End came in the mail all the way from Australia today (no shipping sale, booya!).

G'day!!!

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 27 2006, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 27 2006, 05:29 AM)

Ha, I just listened to this album for the first time in like 8 months last night...despite all the fact that most of the songs were overplayed like they were freebirds singing a bohemian rhapsody up the stairway to heaven, it's still a pretty f***ing good record.

If you dig the album, I would highly recommend picking up the "Bullet in a Bible" DVD/CD package that features a live show from Milton Keynes on the AI tour. Great performance. I saw them twice on that tour, and they were phenominal both times.

I'll do that, thanks. smile.gif

Just picked up a few things yesterday

David Bowie -The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th anniversary)

The Catholic Comb - Ghost Stories

Radiohead - Hail To The Theif

Sons & Daughters - Love The Cup

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jun 28 2006, 06:51 PM)
David Bowie -The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th anniversary)

How much was that? I've only ever seen it used once, and it was $80 or some shit. I saw the tracklisting for the DE, and I don't really think there's any extra material that's spectacular. I'll stick with my SACD Hybrid version of it.

Hell, the only one of Bowie's Deluxe versions that's worth getting is Aladdin Sane, because it has like 6 live tracks from around then, as well as All the Young Dudes, which is one of his best songs but has never appeared on an album.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jun 28 2006, 06:51 PM)

How much was that? I've only ever seen it used once, and it was $80 or some shit. I saw the tracklisting for the DE, and I don't really think there's any extra material that's spectacular. I'll stick with my SACD Hybrid version of it.

Hell, the only one of Bowie's Deluxe versions that's worth getting is Aladdin Sane, because it has like 6 live tracks from around then, as well as All the Young Dudes, which is one of his best songs but has never appeared on an album.

Found a used copy for $15 at Rasputin. Perfect condition version of it.

Rasputin is good for that stuff, yes. When I was in San Fran I got a copy of the Ziggy Stardust motion picture soundtrack, the limited edition in the special box with the poster and reprinted ticket, for $17. It was in the used section, but it was sealed.

BTW, get on AIM...I have something to send you. Something you will like very, very much.