Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 26 2004, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Quyn @ Oct 25 2004, 07:01 AM)
As Jack will tell you - I have an additction when it comes to buying CDs.  Here are the last couple of ones I have bought --

Scissor Sisters (self titled) -- the best album Elton John never made.  Think Elton, mixed with the Bee Gees, throw in a little Frankie Goes to Hollywood.  The Sister's version of "Comfortably Numb" is sacrilege, but really is a a scream!

The Killers (Hot Fuss) - Not the greatest I have heard but good for driving around with the top down.

Muse (Absolution) - pretty much a Radiohead-like group but "Time is Running Out" is a wicked cool song.

The Libertines (Up The Bracket) -- ROCKS!  Go buy it today.

Bright Eyes (Lifted) -- not for everyone but if angst is your thing ... (it is mine).  "Lover I Don't Have To Love" is amazing

Franz Ferdinand (self titled) - art-punk, jangly guitars, great driving music

Keane (Hopes and Fears) - In my opinion, the album of the year.  If you like Coldplay, you'll love Keane.

Damien Rice (b-sides) -- I adore this man!  Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Very nice!!! Muse is such a good band!! They came to Calgary yesterday and my friends said they were awesome! 1022.gif

Muse is great. I have a couple of bootlegs of theirs that are awesome. They cam to Califonia early this year and the shows were selling out so fast I couldn't get tickets...even on eBay. Now they booked to shows in L.A. and they're already sold out. So now i play the eBay game again. comp26.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 19 2004, 09:08 PM)
bumper.gif

5 new cds today

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedos
Marillion - Marbles (thanks Audient and Earthshine wink.gif )
Saint-Saens - Carnival of the Animals/Organ Symphony

Hope you bought em thru the TRF store unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

I decided to do something different in addition to buying cd's...Several months ago I decided to buy vinyl for the art work....I don't have a turntable but decided to buy albums for collecting...First priority was Rush so I've bought about 8 albums over the summer....Yesterday for cd's I bought remastered Floyd (Animals and Wish You Were Here), Texas Flood by SRV and Pork Soda by Primus...for vinyl (used of course) picked up ESL and ATWAS by Rush, It's Hard by the Who (Spanish import), Who by the Numbers by The Who, Double Fantasy by John Lennon (for the historical fact that this was his final album), and Animal Magnetism by the Scorpions for it controversial (very sexist) album cover

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 19 2004, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 19 2004, 09:08 PM)
bumper.gif

5 new cds today

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedos
Marillion - Marbles (thanks Audient and Earthshine  wink.gif )
Saint-Saens - Carnival of the Animals/Organ Symphony

Hope you bought em thru the TRF store unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

Sorry RR, bought em from Ameoba in SF. Thats the only place I buy music, you can find almost any cd you could want there, lots of rare out of print stuff in the used section.

• Like 1

today I bought 2 cd's.....Exile on Main Street by the Stones and Aneima By Tool...also bought 8 used vinyl albums....

Rush-Signals

Marillion-Misplaced Childhood

Marillion-Script For a Jester's Tear

Roger Waters-Radio K.A.O.S.

The Police-Synchronicity

The Police-Zenyatta Mondatta

Rolling Stones-"Harlem Shuffle"-12 inch single

Ozzy Osborne-Diary Of A Madman

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 14 2004, 02:44 PM)
bumper.gif

Just saw a Nirvana box set at Costco for only $40 and had to snatch it..

Nirvana - With The Lights Out

3 cds and a DVD with 68 unreleased tracks of material. Seems like mostly early rare live recordings and demos of studio tracks.

40$!!!! oh man thats US right? Here it's $70!! I was thinking of buying that....sounds like its a good deal trink36.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 14 2004, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 14 2004, 02:44 PM)
bumper.gif

Just saw a Nirvana box set at Costco for only $40 and had to snatch it..

Nirvana - With The Lights Out

3 cds and a DVD with 68 unreleased tracks of material.  Seems like mostly early rare live recordings and demos of studio tracks.

40$!!!! oh man thats US right? Here it's $70!! I was thinking of buying that....sounds like its a good deal trink36.gif

Costco is good about prices. I found the 30 Years of Maximum R&B box set by The Who there for only $30 a few months ago. Anywhere else I've been to, the price for that thing is around $70-80, had to snag that deal. Now if they would only release the Eddie's Archives box set at Costco for a great deal, i would grab it real quick. That thing is about $100 anywhere you go.

I've listened through the first cd so far, lots of muddy, raw sounding songs. Almost punk rock, lol. The first cd is mostly live performances from the late 80's and some demos. Lol, even a couple Zepellin covers, its sounding real good yes.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 17 2004, 07:18 PM)
Peter Gabriel - So

Red Rain playing now. http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/cool.gif

All right where do I begin....one note....Boxing day sales are the best!!

Hot Hot Heat- Hot Hot Heat

Broken Social Scene- Beehives

Chilliwack- Greatest Hits

Talking Heads-Fear Of Music

Rush- Presto

Rush- Hemispheres

Rush- Caress Of Steel

Franz Ferdinand-Franz Ferdinand

Grand Theft Auto, Vicecity soundtrack....it has good tunes on it ok?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 29 2004, 10:12 PM)
Very nice choices D-13 (I'm a closet vice city soundtrack fan too tongue.gif ) How is that Franz Ferdinand one, I've been thinking of getting it.

OMG that cd is sooo good! It makes you want to dance lol...and I'm not a dancer! lol I would recommend that cd for sure trink36.gif

Verbena - Into the Pink

It's a must own CD, if you can find it, get it, you wont be sorry.