Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

I went to a local record store yesterday. The first album I grabbed was Allied Forces by Triumph. I've always loved this album, but I'd never seen it at a record store until yesterday. The other record I got was a compilation called "Trust No One" by the female-fronted punk band Tsunami Bomb. I was really into them back in the day, and I loved these songs. It's a compilation of their early 7" singles and EPs. The record itself is blue, and is limited to 500 copies.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 2

Stopped by the Record Archive in Rochester today

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

Motorhead - March or Die

Primus - Tales from the Punchbowl

Primus - Pork Soda

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal

BB King - Live in Japan

• Like 3

I made my first ever trip to the west coast this weekend, and my friend took me to two of his favorite record stores in San Francisco. I picked up these on vinyl:

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

Anthrax - The Sound Of White Noise

Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum

Love - Forever Changes

• Like 2

On 9/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

Stopped by the Record Archive in Rochester today

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

Motorhead - March or Die

Primus - Tales from the Punchbowl

Primus - Pork Soda

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal

BB King - Live in Japan

I live about two hours from Rochester. My sister lives there. I'll have to stop there next time I'm in the city. She's always telling me to check it out

12 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I live about two hours from Rochester. My sister lives there. I'll have to stop there next time I'm in the city. She's always telling me to check it out

It's a pretty cool place. Some items are very overpriced but all those discs were $5 each.

• Like 1

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

It's a pretty cool place. Some items are very overpriced but all those discs were $5 each.

They often have rare memorabilia like old tour shirts and sometimes host record signings. I went to a Mastodon signing held there a few years back.

• Like 1

Between Friday and Saturday, I got three albums on vinyl.

On Friday, I went to one of my favorite local record stores and Louder Now by Taking Back Sunday, and The Same Old Blood Rush With A New Touch by Cute Is What We Aim For. These are two of my favorite albums from the mid-2000s.

The Cute Is What We Aim For album is on silver vinyl, and is part of Fueled By Ramen's 25th Anniversary collection. Louder Now is just black.

Yesterday, some good friends and I went to our local Barnes and Noble. They had an incredible vinyl collection, but I only got one. I'm sure I'll be back soon. I chose Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown, which is one of my absolute favorite Green Day albums, and in my opinion, their last great album.

Both The Same Old Blood Rush With A New Touch and 21st Century Breakdown are gatefold LPs.

• Like 1

I went back to my local Barnes and Noble again today, and walked out with two record: "Danger Days - The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys" by My Chemical Romance, and "After Laughter" by Paramore. After Laughter is a lighter color with a beautiful Swirl pattern. The MCR album is just black. Both are gatefolds.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I went back to my local Barnes and Noble again today, and walked out with two record: "Danger Days - The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys" by My Chemical Romance, and "After Laughter" by Paramore. After Laughter is a lighter color with a beautiful Swirl pattern. The MCR album is just black. Both are gatefolds.

Two albums I would very much love to add to my collection!

I thought I dropped enough of a hint about them last time my birthday rolled around, but my sisters didn't pick up on it. I suppose I'll just go find them myself.

By the way, NEW PARAMORE!!!

https://youtu.be/xIYJ7VaSxYY

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Two albums I would very much love to add to my collection!

I thought I dropped enough of a hint about them last time my birthday rolled around, but my sisters didn't pick up on it. I suppose I'll just go find them myself.

By the way, NEW PARAMORE!!!

https://youtu.be/xIYJ7VaSxYY

I loved the new Paramore song. I'm very excited for this new era. My copy of After Laughter is a beautiful Black and White Marble. The only other Paramore album I have on vinyl is Riot, which is just black. I got it on vacation at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame back in 2018. I've had several opportunities to get the silver pressing from Fueled By Ramen's 25th Anniversary collection, but I've passed it up. I now have all four MCR studio albums on vinyl, plus the live album, Life On The Murder Scene. My copy of Bullets is a yellow/orange mix, Three Cheers is solid white, and The Black Parade is a picture disc. I need to get Conventional Weapons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super25Smasher said:

I loved the new Paramore song. I'm very excited for this new era. My copy of After Laughter is a beautiful Black and White Marble. The only other Paramore album I have on vinyl is Riot, which is just black. I got it on vacation at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame back in 2018. I've had several opportunities to get the silver pressing from Fueled By Ramen's 25th Anniversary collection, but I've passed it up. I now have all four MCR studio albums on vinyl, plus the live album, Life On The Murder Scene. My copy of Bullets is a yellow/orange mix, Three Cheers is solid white, and The Black Parade is a picture disc. I need to get Conventional Weapons.

It’s got a great groove! We’ll see if the tune is strong enough to stick for me, but it excites me more for the instrumental and the direction the new album will take right now. Kinda reminds me of Parquet Courts actually!

MCR went heavy on their comeback single, Brendan went full classic rock revival, now Paramore are showing more of a rock aesthetic… where have FOB been and why are they letting that dive bomb Mania continue to be their last album? The time is now to rock!

I have just Three Cheers from MCR and nothing from Paramore on vinyl. Picked up the new Panic a few weeks ago marking my first Panic record.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It’s got a great groove! We’ll see if the tune is strong enough to stick for me, but it excites me more for the instrumental and the direction the new album will take right now. Kinda reminds me of Parquet Courts actually!

MCR went heavy on their comeback single, Brendan went full classic rock revival, now Paramore are showing more of a rock aesthetic… where have FOB been and why are they letting that dive bomb Mania continue to be their last album? The time is now to rock!

I have just Three Cheers from MCR and nothing from Paramore on vinyl. Picked up the new Panic a few weeks ago marking my first Panic record.

I hope Fall Out Boy puts out some new music soon. Mania was awful. I don't have any Panic or Fall Out Boy yet. My local Barnes and Noble had Viva Las Vengeance, Pray For The Wicked, Too Weird To Live, and Pretty Odd on vinyl yesterday.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 7:55 PM, Laurabw said:

who bought the Fish era Marillion? I forget. Wondering what the verdict is!

Remember when they came out with Script for a Jester's Tear. I like Hogarth-era Marillion but Fish-era is quintessential Marillion for me.

It's got a different feel to it due to, as the band put it, Fish being ahead of the music with his lyrics-and then the band catching up by Misplaced Childhood. 

Well that's my memory of a quote by the keyboard player.

It's very dramatic, early-on, lyric-wise compared to Hogarth-era and even Clutching at Straws.

Especially when you consider early pieces like Grendel. Bit similar to Gabriel-era Genesis compared to Collins-fronted-era.

I like all the Fish albums but ironically, I like Clutching at Straws just as much as Misplaced Childhood and Clutching seemed very paired-down drama-wise and maybe lyrically. It seemed like a bit of a shift towards the Hogarth-style.

Without researching it, I get the vibe that Fish was going through relationship and drinking problems but that's just wild conjecture!

• Like 2

YES Detail 21-LP Vinyl Version of PROGENY: SEVEN SHOWS FROM SEVENTY-TWO

I can't imagine that ROUNDABOUT from Nov 14, 1972 is any different than the recording from Nov 15, 1972.

For the hardcore Yes fan.

https://www.rhino.com/article/yes-detail-21-lp-vinyl-version-of-progeny-seven-shows-from-seventy-two

On 10/11/2022 at 6:59 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Blink-182 is back

with Tom

https://youtu.be/wP9zsx04fWY

This actually just makes me wonder even more...

WHAT ARE FALL OUT BOY DOING MISSING OUT ON THIS SEMINAL COMEBACK YEAR FOR THEIR PEERS?

Yeah Yeah Heckin Bigga Tour or whatever. That didn't stop Weezer from putting out 3 (going on 4) new EPs! Pretty sure Green Day slipped something out in the meantime tour iirc... I swear Pete and Patrick are way to content to let their last major project being their worst one to date. Do something!  MCR released a new song for the first time in years, Tom got back with Blink and they are putting out a new song tomorrow, Paramore dropped a new song after a 5 year break and it's awesome, Panic put out a whole album full of righteous, and the aforementioned Weezer have put out more albums since your last one than you have since you got back together!   Oh, AND there's a massive Emo festival coming up with Paramore and MCR headlining AND they've already announced it's going to happen again next year with Green Day and Blink headlining! 

Do something AGGHHHH

• Like 1

New Queensryche album Digital Noise Alliance may be their best album front to back since Empire.

I am being deadly serious. I can’t stop listening to it. Casey Grillo on drums is a f***ing monster on this record. And Todd La Torre is so freaking on point.

The Songwriting is fantastic. They really brought out the prog metal influences on this one (Maiden and DT in particular). Just a fantastic listen that get’s better and better each and every listen.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Ran into these two at Walmart: 

Alter Bridge - Pawns and Kings
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Return of the Dream Canteen 

What color is the RHCP album?

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

it's a cd so it fits the weird hazy dreamscape color scheme they have on the cover

That's cool. I was thinking about getting it on vinyl. I have Unlimited Love on orange vinyl.

Edited by Super25Smasher