Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

A Perfect Circle - "Judith" (song)

Gorrilaz - Demon Days

Pearl Jam - Ten

all digital

• Like 2

Deep Purple - Live at the Montreux Festival 2006 (w/ DVD), Bananas, Abandon, and Purpendicular

Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night

Battle Beast - Bringer of Pain

Wolfpakk - Wolves Reign

Heavens Gate - In Control/Open the Gate and Watch

• Like 2

Misterwives - Connect The Dots

this is the greatest thing I've heard all year, bar none.

Yo Segue,

Toto - Hydra

Kansas - Song For America

Styx - Crystal Ball

all on vinyl

• Like 3

Yo Segue,

Toto - Hydra

Styx - Crystal Ball

all on vinyl

Excellent choices!

I'd not have picked Hydra, personally, as a first Toto album but the other two are awesome selections!

• Like 1

Yo Segue,

Toto - Hydra

Styx - Crystal Ball

all on vinyl

Excellent choices!

I'd not have picked Hydra, personally, as a first Toto album but the other two are awesome selections!

Ok...confession...I do not own any Iron Maiden. I use Spotify as I got rid of my Maiden by mistake years back in a house move.

But today I finally bought a copy of my personal favourite Maiden album: A Matter Of Life And Death.

• Like 4

Yo Segue,

Toto - Hydra

Styx - Crystal Ball

all on vinyl

Excellent choices!

I actually also have Toto's debut, but I've never really been able to get into it that much. Hydra seems much cooler to me and I like it better so far.

• Like 1

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

White Reaper - The World's Best American Band

both on vinyl

• Like 3

Not much music bought since the last time I did this about 2 months ago. Gonna have to restrict myself to buying music at upcoming shows later this summer only for the time being unless I feel strong about owning something I come across. Half of these such as the two Swans albums (the limited edition live album Deliquesence in particular) I bought on impulse, while the rest (the SW and ENDON albums) were priorities of mine anyway.

The Body - RSD 2017 (7" vinyl)

Integrity - 7th Revelation: Beyond The Realm Of The VVitch (7" vinyl) [came free w/my Full of Hell & Merzbow vinyl months back]

Steven Wilson - To The Bone (deluxe edition/preorder)

Swans/Michael Gira - The Great Annihilator/Drainland (2017 remaster/reissue)

Swans - Deliquesence

ENDON - Through The Mirror (vinyl/preorder)

Edited by PolarizeMe

David Bowie - Young Americans

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery

Black Sabbath - Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath

Genesis - Spot The Pigeon

• Like 5

Great White - Full Circle (pre-ordered from their website, so it's got a making-of DVD as well)

Sentenced - all their albums from Amok through The Funeral Album on CD at my local record store (and they were all $2.99 - I couldn't believe it)

Obscura - Akroasis

Sacred Steel - Hammer of Destruction (on vinyl)

Iron Maiden - Sanctuary 7"

• Like 3

Garbage - Garbage

A really solid debut album to me. I've been listening to Version 2.0 from them for a year, and I like this more, I think. Nice strong opener, and I remember the radio hits well from over a decade ago. Garbage is a pretty neat band!

• Like 2

Garbage - Garbage

A really solid debut album to me. I've been listening to Version 2.0 from them for a year, and I like this more, I think. Nice strong opener, and I remember the radio hits well from over a decade ago. Garbage is a pretty neat band!

I dunno, seems like garbage to me. ;)

Over this weekend:

Vinyl:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Wishbone Ash - Pilgrimage

CD:

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

U2 - Boy

Guns 'N Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Peter Gabriel - Us

Weezer - Maladroit

Bruce Springsteen - 18 Tracks

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans

Digital:

Metallica - Kill 'Em All

• Like 1

Last night, I saw U2 at Gillette Stadium. Really entertaining show. Their last song was something apparently from their forthcoming album. Bono started talking about how The Edge said the album is almost ready, and if he says so, it is, so they were going to play the song. However, when he was talking about that, someone in the row in front of us shouted out, "Nobody cares. Play the hits."
  • Like 1

Last night, I saw U2 at Gillette Stadium. Really entertaining show. Their last song was something apparently from their forthcoming album. Bono started talking about how The Edge said the album is almost ready, and if he says so, it is, so they were going to play the song. However, when he was talking about that, someone in the row in front of us shouted out, "Nobody cares. Play the hits."

I've never seen Upoo and I never will.

I wish I saw them back when they were a real band. The "WAR" Tour would have been EPIC!

UPOO IS SHITE!

I feel sorry for Larry Mullen Jr. A great drummer who has taken a back seat like Alex Lifeson during the RUSH Synth years.

UPOO is a joke.

BOZO the clown on vocals.

Styx - Equinox

White Reaper - Does It Again

Smashing Pumpkins - Monuments To An Elegy

Black Sabbath - Mob Rules

• Like 1

I wish I saw them back when they were a real band. The "WAR" Tour would have been EPIC!

UPOO IS SHITE!

I feel sorry for Larry Mullen Jr. A great drummer who has taken a back seat like Alex Lifeson during the RUSH Synth years.

UPOO is a joke.

They were good Earl. I'm not the biggest fan, but I love The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby albums. I saw them on the Elevation tour in 2001. They were good then, too.

UPOO IS SHITE!

UPOO is a joke.

The Joshua Tree Tours were fantastic. Both '87 and '17. Brilliant music.

Here's the show I was at. I worked the second show.

This was an out of body experience for me.

I was up front, row 0 in front of The Edge, for Bullet the Blue Sky. Incredible, especially looking out at the crowd from the stage.

Edited by custom55

Greta Van Fleet

I think this band is/was recently still in high school. Three brothers and the drummer.

Look out Led Zep fans.

• Like 2