Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

iron maiden a really live dead one

kaiser chiefs employment

supertramp retrospectacle

rush signals me vinyl went to the great record shop in the sky after a long & fruitful partnership.....

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 9 2005, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 9 2005, 01:37 AM)

Roger Waters - Ca Ira

Very interested in hearing your views on this one Moon.

First impression, this is definatly NOT for people who are solely Pink Floyd fans, or buying this simply because it was written by Roger Waters. This is definatly something to be reserved for classical music/opera fans. While I dont claim to be any expert on Opera, I am quite impressed with Water's grasp of writing a score for a full orchesta. It is very majestic and epic, the music gives the freedom for some incredible imagry, if he so chooses to let this work take to the stage. The one complaint I have so far is that the volume seems to be turned way down, it is quite quiet, even at louder volumes. If he did decide to put together a performance of this piece, I would be very interested in seeing it.

As with all of Roger's previous works, this is the kind of music that will take a while for me to fully absorb all that is being said. This is definatly a step up as his role of a musical composer, and its quite obvious he still has plenty of creativity in him.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 13 2005, 05:17 PM)
Grace Under Pressure

1022.gif

I just bought Coheed and Cambria's Second Stage Turbine Blade... I now own all three albums. And it is amazing, just like the other two. I have to say, they're one of THE best bands out there right now.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 15 2005, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 15 2005, 11:15 PM)
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings

Are they any good live?

OH MY GOD YES....

This live album is from like 2001...8 songs, 7 are from Kid A and Amnesiac, and one new song "True Love Waits," which is really good...just acoustic guitar and vocals. The songs sound much, much more intense live than they do on the albums. Morning Bell and Idioteque are the highlights. But the band sounds great, Thom sounds great, the setlist is great (albeit short)...highly recommended.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 15 2005, 08:15 PM)
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible CD/DVD
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Roger Waters - Amused to Death

Rush - Fly By Night (vinyl)

You already picked up Amused To Death, I just sent that to you a couple days ago, lol. Heh, that is Water's best work IMO, that includes all of his Pink Floyd catelog.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 15 2005, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 15 2005, 08:15 PM)
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible CD/DVD
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Roger Waters - Amused to Death

Rush - Fly By Night (vinyl)

You already picked up Amused To Death, I just sent that to you a couple days ago, lol. Heh, that is Water's best work IMO, that includes all of his Pink Floyd catelog.

Saw it used for $6, couldn't pass it up.

Hypnotize from S.O.A.D. comes out today. I listened to it on MTV.com last night and I'm not sure if I like it as much as Mezmerize. It's hard to judge from one listen but I'm pretty sure I am going to like the first one better. This one seems more "Rushed".

They are at times square today signing autographs for the first 400 people to buy the CD. I was thinking about going but I figured people would be camping out in the rain way before the music store opens at 9. It's not like it's 2.gif or anything LOL...... If I knew I would be the first 400 without standing in line out in the rain for over 30 minutes I would go.

I've camped out for Rush tickets back in the day, at midnight the night before or so. I got in the first 5 rows that way a few times. One time I waited in January in a snowstorm from 2 am to 9 am. It was a big party and it was almost as fun as the show itself. I was 1st in line that time because several others waited in their car instead. I am going off topic now and I am the one who made the topic and I am starting to get pissed off at myself for it. dazed025.gif

Sunday, I bought the new Kate Bush CD titled "Aerial".

I also plan to buy Enya's new CD "Amarantine" which is due in stores today.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 22 2005, 01:17 PM)
Sunday, I bought the new Kate Bush CD titled "Aerial".

I also plan to buy Enya's new CD "Amarantine" which is due in stores today.

I picked up both of those yesterday... on first paruse Aerial is awesome! Listened to Amarantine last night as well, and it's very very good. Very melodic smile.gif

Today I was at the mall (not my decision), and I was looking through the used section at FYE, and I found Radiohead's Kid A, with the limited edition expanded packaging, used for like $16, so I grabbed it. Very cool, lots of cool artwork and stuff. And Kid A is a fantastic album of course...

Yesterday, I grabbed another copy of Vapor Trails plus Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run and Born in the USA. The night before it was Journey's Live in Houston 1981 CD/DVD and Queen and Paul Rodgers' Return of the Champions. I am looking forward to 2006. New albums from Rush and David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.