Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 3 2008, 05:56 PM)
Do you own all of R.E.M.'s studio albums in hard copies yet?

All of them except for the most recent three, and of them I ordered Reveal just the other day.

I know I'm a bit of a late comer with this but I've got to say that the new Whitesnake album Good To Be Bad; despite the horrible title is the best they've put out since 1987... And I'm even tempted to say before that even though that sounds ridiculous even to me.

Summer Rain is one of my favourite Whitesnake songs ever, and could even enter my top 10 favourite ballads of all time list. So glad I bought the enhanced version with the extra disc, there's a beautiful acoustic version of the tune on there too.

10/10.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 4 2008, 01:00 PM)
I know I'm a bit of a late comer with this but I've got to say that the new Whitesnake album Good To Be Bad; despite the horrible title is the best they've put out since 1987... And I'm even tempted to say before that even though that sounds ridiculous even to me.

Summer Rain is one of my favourite Whitesnake songs ever, and could even enter my top 10 favourite ballads of all time list. So glad I bought the enhanced version with the extra disc, there's a beautiful acoustic version of the tune on there too.

10/10.

It's easily their best since Ready An' Willing, maybe even Lovehunter. Can't wait to hear some of them live, shame it's a co-headline with Def Leppard which'll mean less Whitesnake time.

Anyway, my latest purchase is The Zutons - You Can Do Anything

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jun 4 2008, 12:32 AM)
Someone recommend me some Nightwish. Very curious about them.

Dark Passion Play. It's their newest one with a completely different singer. It's also their best, IMO.

If you want to hear something with Tarja on vocals then, try Once, Century Child or Wishmaster.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 4 2008, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 4 2008, 01:00 PM)

10/10.

It's easily their best since Ready An' Willing, maybe even Lovehunter. Can't wait to hear some of them live, shame it's a co-headline with Def Leppard which'll mean less Whitesnake time.

Anyway, my latest purchase is The Zutons - You Can Do Anything

Thanks for saying it. I didn't want to because I think it sounds crazy to suggest this album is better than the stuff they were making more than 20 years ago but its true! cool.gif

I wish Def Leppard and Whitesnake were touring seperately. I'm from Sheffield so almost naturally a Def Leppard fan anyway but their new record just isn't that great and they've been on a decline since Adrenalize in my opinion, I know some people will go as far as saying Pyromania was the last great album... Anyway still looking forward to the gig, even if the recent Def Leppard stuff doesn't have my interest I'll be happy to see the classics live again.

KING's X XV

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 4 2008, 08:00 AM)

10/10.

I just bought it hadn't had a chance to listen to it yet, glad to hear it's a good one.

I also just ordered Disturbed's new CD Indestructible.

Edited by Rowan

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 3 2008, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 3 2008, 05:56 PM)
Do you own all of R.E.M.'s studio albums in hard copies yet?

All of them except for the most recent three, and of them I ordered Reveal just the other day.

I'd say Reveal is the best out of the latest three. Are there only the original CD masters of the 80s albums?

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 4 2008, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jun 4 2008, 12:32 AM)
Someone recommend me some Nightwish. Very curious about them.

Dark Passion Play. It's their newest one with a completely different singer. It's also their best, IMO.

If you want to hear something with Tarja on vocals then, try Once, Century Child or Wishmaster.

That's the album I saw on sale, so I'll pick it up. Thanks.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jun 6 2008, 07:39 PM)
Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream (special edition)

Nice dp, you just kinda semi Rick Rolled me!

Stupid Dream is sweet. 1022.gif

Haha, yeah, the Ron Paul look was getting old so I put in some Astley magic.

I really like Stupid Dream, the 5.1 is awesome.

Anyways...

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Let's see...just got back from a few days in D.C....

Reveal by R.E.M.

The Clash (U.S.) by The Clash

Signify by Porcupine Tree

Songs From the Big Chair by Tears for Fears

Starfish by The Church

Pretty good haul, wouldn't you say...

Just picked up the vinyl version of the new Cannabis Corpse album I'm been jocking lately. I got the green one with the weed etching on it, limited to 300.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/heedthewizard/robo069_tripbud.gif

Greatness! laugh.gif