Favorite Album Cover

sitboaf

Which studio album has the best cover?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which studio album has the best cover?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snake and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Clockwork Angels deserves a lot of the praise that it's receiving, but I'm guessing the cover doesn't rank so well... or does it?

Though I love the energy of the Vapor Trails cover, it doesn't look very Rush-like. Permanent Waves is just so cool and perfectly fit the new direction the band was taking.

Edited by sitboaf

I voted Signals. It's rather succinct, and bold and cheerful. And I like grass. (And I'm not referring to cool10.gif !)

I think Vapor Trails might be #2 - something bold and powerful about the fiery comet-y thing.

Ok, my eloquence is not working with me tonight....

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 2 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Aug 2 2012, 09:27 AM)
Permanent Waves

Visual puns, hidden band member names, plus a mons pubis. What's not to love? biggrin.gif

yes.gif Permanant Waves by a mile.

QUOTE (hunter @ Aug 2 2012, 06:52 PM)
Exit Stage Left has always been a favorite. But for a studio album it has to be MP. So many different meanings in one photo. Quite clever.

Hemi, PeW and MP all share that same cleverness, which I enjoy. Hemispheres is the funniest, I think.

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 2 2012, 05:16 PM)
Exit Stage Left has always been a favorite. But for a studio album it has to be MP. So many different meanings in one photo. Quite clever.

Hemi, PeW and MP all share that same cleverness, which I enjoy. Hemispheres is the funniest, I think.

True. Hemispheres was a little too "on the nose" for my tastes and Permanent Waves had a number of waves but only one permanent. smile.gif MP hit me a little harder.

QUOTE (hunter @ Aug 2 2012, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Aug 2 2012, 05:16 PM)

True. Hemispheres was a little too "on the nose" for my tastes and Permanent Waves had a number of waves but only one permanent. smile.gif MP hit me a little harder.

The many Hemispheres: the poles, the brain, the bowler hat and... the butt cheeks. biggrin.gif

Easily GUP! wub.gif

It's hard to find a really good quality scan/photo of it online. They vary tremendously from the sky being much more brown to much more blue.

http://www.knickknackrecords.com/store/images/P/Rush%20Grace%20Under%20Pressure.jpg

Edited by rushgoober

I've always liked the Moving Pictures cover. It's a great artistic cover that defines Rush's genius mantality.