Recommendations

jwoods89

Dream Theater, Marillion, Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Queensryche (Pre 1994), and so many others...

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 30 2012, 04:06 PM)
Dream Theater, Marillion, Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Queensryche (Pre 1994), and so many others...

I have Train of Thought, Images and Words and Awake from DT, should I get more? And I don't own any of the live Rush albums, I own the majority of the DVDs though.

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Jul 30 2012, 06:08 PM)

I have Train of Thought, Images and Words and Awake from DT, should I get more? And I don't own any of the live Rush albums, I own the majority of the DVDs though.

Look at "When Dream And Day Unite," "Falling Into Infinity" and "A Change Of Season" from DT. And, if you like live DVDs, check out their "Live at Budokon"

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 30 2012, 06:13 PM)

Look at "When Dream And Day Unite," "Falling Into Infinity" and "A Change Of Season" from DT. And, if you like live DVDs, check out their "Live at Budokon"

"Images" and "Awake" are two of their best though...

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 30 2012, 08:02 PM)
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome

Marillion - Brave

Marillion: Season's End.

The whole album. Some Fish lovers may strike me down, but I count this among my fave Marillion albums.

Deny it... Easter

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 30 2012, 06:13 PM)

Usually these are some of the last albums DT fans get into... I would get Scenes From a Memory immediately if I were you. Some more Rush-related bands that I love other than the ones already mentioned: Camel, Genesis (Gabriel-Era and early Collins), Marillion, Iron Maiden, Primus (give them a shot... not really easily accessible and maybe not easily tied to Rush but there is definitely a connection)

Thinking about getting these:

GNR - Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Illusion 1 & 2, Chinese Democracy

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo Star I'm Burning 4

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet

Decided to go with these:

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Rush - All The World's a Stage

A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Aug 3 2012, 02:01 PM)
Thinking about getting these:

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet

Get only Appetite, and as for Coheed, that might be the best choice but I haven't heard them in so long. PT, you can't go wrong. But replae the other GnR with Tool's Lateralus, trust me.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 30 2012, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 30 2012, 08:02 PM)
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome

Marillion - Brave

Marillion: Season's End.

The whole album. Some Fish lovers may strike me down, but I count this among my fave Marillion albums.

Deny it... Easter

Season's End is a flawless album. Easily in my top 3 Marillion albums...maybe top 2.

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Aug 5 2012, 02:29 AM)
I own that Tool album.

Also, as for the Dream Theater albums is it really necessary to get the special editions?

I would but that's just me. I forgot to recommend APC, I love them to death, one of my favorite bands. How did you like Thirteenth Step?