BU2B2

An Enemy Without

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 30 2012, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 30 2012, 01:02 PM)
It's not even a real song just as this isn't a real thread.

What defines a "real" song then?

How about a "real" thread too while you're at it.

You're pushing real hard to come off as a real douche.

Hmm how about a real answer.

Really. tongue.gif

But seriously I don't understand how it's not a real song. I understand it's a transition but nobody said transitions had to be weak. If CA was made of two halves of a chain then BU2B2 would be a paper clip trying to hold them together. Insufficient at best.

No problem.

I'd rather listen to BU2B than BU2B, that way I'd get the suffering over with quicker wink.gif

Why songs suck or not... Well, that's up to each individual listener, I guess.

You can really just tell that BU2B2 took no effort. I honestly would like to know how long it took them to put it together. Less than an hour? I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 30 2012, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 30 2012, 01:02 PM)
It's not even a real song just as this isn't a real thread.

What defines a "real" song then?

How about a "real" thread too while you're at it.

Hmm how about a real answer.

Really. tongue.gif

But seriously I don't understand how it's not a real song. I understand it's a transition but nobody said transitions had to be weak. If CA was made of two halves of a chain then BU2B2 would be a paper clip trying to hold them together. Insufficient at best.

No problem.

I'd rather listen to BU2B than BU2B, that way I'd get the suffering over with quicker wink.gif

Why songs suck or not... Well, that's up to each individual listener, I guess.

You can really just tell that BU2B2 took no effort. I honestly would like to know how long it took them to put it together. Less than an hour? I wouldn't be surprised.

Do the strings even go anywhere? It just seems like they play the same note the entire song.

Or maybe I just doze off... schla03.gif

BU2B is a great song: powerful, driving and with a point. I don't like the title, and the subject matter has been covered, but that doesn't make the song any worse. I think it is hard to argue that this song would be among the strongest on S&A or Counterparts.

Regarding BU2B2, it's not a song in the traditional sense. It's an important part of teh story and should be viewed more in that vein on par with transitional parts in longer epics the band has written. If it shows up on a random iPod mix, I'm not psyched, but as part of the album it works quite well.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Jul 30 2012, 02:46 PM)

I don't think he's pushing hard at all. It seems to come quite easily.

Or I guess you could say I am "very effective in making grown men whine like little bitches."

Yeah, nothing says "manly" like starting attention whoring threads.

Do these 90 seconds really bother you so much that you need to tell the world??

If 90 second musical interludes get you this weepy, I can only imagine how hysterical a really bad 3 minute song gets you.

tongue.gif

What a pointless thread...unless the point was to get a bunch of reactions, then you made your point.

I don't know why everyone keeps taking BU2B2 so seriously. It's not designed to be on par with the rest of the album. It's there for the story, nothing else. You'll be at much more peace if you just stop considering it a song....

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 11:46 AM)
Let's begin with the name. BU2B2. Bland. Uninspired. Uncreative. The name truly embodies everything there is to dislike about the song. It does a nice job of foreshadowing how boring the song you are going to listen to really is. When I bought the album I looked at the song list. I saw BU2B2 and thought, "why would they name a song that? What a shitty name."

The name fit perfectly. It sucks.

So let's discuss. What makes this song so bad? Why was it ever recorded?

:middlefinger:

QUOTE (eshine @ Jul 30 2012, 02:11 PM)
Let's begin with the name. BU2B2. Bland. Uninspired. Uncreative. The name truly embodies everything there is to dislike about the song. It does a nice job of foreshadowing how boring the song you are going to listen to really is. When I bought the album I looked at the song list. I saw BU2B2 and thought, "why would they name a song that? What a shitty name."

This song is very effective in making grown men whine like little bitches.

That's because the "song" is effective at being a POS waste of space. Apparently anything other than "Omg rUSH IZ S0 grate marry me Geddy<333" is "whining" to you. You should probably get over yourself.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 30 2012, 05:46 PM)

Let's begin with the name. A- E---- W------ Bland. Uninspired. Uncreative. The name truly embodies everything there is to dislike about y--. It does a nice job of foreshadowing how boring it is listening to y--. I saw A- E---- W------ and thought, "why would y-- pick this name? What

a shitty name."

The name fit perfectly. Y-- suck.

So let's NOT discuss. What makes y-- so bad? Why have y-- ever joined a *RUSH* Forum??? tongue.gif

Edited by greyfriar

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 30 2012, 01:17 PM)
an even better question is why does this thread suck so hard?

Because it's the latest in a series of pointless threads started by people who apparently have too much time to think about the things they hate and want to share and spread their negativity.

I don't care for it either, and always skip it.

However, by being so angry and dismissive, you sound as if you're attempting to start an argument.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 30 2012, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 30 2012, 01:17 PM)
an even better question is why does this thread suck so hard?

Because it's the latest in a series of pointless threads started by people who apparently have too much time to think about the things they hate and want to share and spread their negativity.

yes.gif

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 30 2012, 05:34 PM)

However, by being so angry and dismissive, you sound as if you're attempting to start an argument.

Yup.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 30 2012, 04:57 PM)
That's because the "song" is effective at being a POS waste of space. Apparently anything other than "Omg rUSH IZ S0 grate marry me Geddy<333" is "whining" to you. You should probably get over yourself.

This post is a perfect example of whining.

Seriously, a POS waste of space? LOL - man, this little ditty must have inflicted some serious damage to you.

How a 90 second song can elicit such an emotionally charged reactions is beyond me.

Slow news day I guess.

goodpost.gif

yes.gif I wouldn't mind discussing the song rationally. In fact, I agree that it's my least favorite on the album.

But the tone of the OP is argumentative and insulting.

Mission accomplished, I guess? confused13.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 30 2012, 06:56 PM)

goodpost.gif

yes.gif I wouldn't mind discussing the song rationally. In fact, I agree that it's my least favorite on the album.

But the tone of the OP is argumentative and insulting.

Mission accomplished, I guess? confused13.gif

laugh.gif This thread with all the attention and responses made his day.......

Prettu sad actually! sad.gif

i actually really like Bu2b2 being more like a poem set to sound effects but i get all the criticisms, it seems long enough for what it is but i end up wanting more every time and the piece does seem like its just banged in there without any relation to surrounding music...

i mean when you listen to 2112 or hemispheres or TFOL everything seems to fit snugly together, even when there's a full break between tracks you still feel as if theres some sort of fluid musical connection but i dont get this with Bu2b2, like i said it just feels as if banged in there as an afterthought almost.....

but hey its ok i suppose, most of the album is great rush, and its just brilliant to be getting anything at all from this great band at this stage of their careers

It's very short so who cares if it's bad? It sounds like some filler thing they slapped together in the studio, like MalNar. Just skip it. How many Rush albums are there where every song is completely awesome? IMO none after Power Windows once they were forced to start writing more than 8 songs after CDs came around. Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 30 2012, 07:31 PM)
It's very short so who cares if it's bad? It sounds like some filler thing they slapped together in the studio, like MalNar. Just skip it. How many Rush albums are there where every song is completely awesome? IMO none after Power Windows once they were forced to start writing more than 8 songs after CDs came around.

Are you calling MalNar a filler song?

It's funny you used the words 'suck' and 'hard' in the same sentence.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 30 2012, 07:41 PM)

You really have to stop "Thinking Big"! tongue.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 30 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 30 2012, 07:41 PM)

You really have to stop "Thinking Big"! tongue.gif

i don't condone this kind of talk but..... unsure.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 30 2012, 01:31 PM)
Its an important part of the story. And a very good composition for Geddt with strings. But yes its the worse track on CA, only cause all the others are so damn great!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

yes.gif

I think of Clockwork Angels as having 11 songs with the story having 12 parts, using one song twice in different ways. It's like the songs 'Sgt Pepper' or 'Another Brick in the Wall' - appearing more than once on an album but it's the same song.