We're moving to Phoenix

launchpad67a

It's been in the works for about a year now, but a few weeks ago my wife and I decided to make the move to Phoenix on August 1. She has been working there for the past 2 years and commutes from our current home in Prescott, AZ, which is 90 minutes north of Phoenix. She's gone on average about 5-6 days at a time and it's taken it's toll on her. She holds a high profile position at the Arizona Biltmore, one of the top 10 resorts in the country.

I can do my job(s) from anywhere (own a web design company, play in 2 bands, run production for major concerts and large events, and shoot professional firework displays). But one nice bonus for me that comes with moving to Phoenix is the amount of work I can get, especially in the concert and firework business. I've had a number of offers from major production companies wanting to bring me on board full time, and the fireworks company I work for is based in Phoenix. They want me to shoot more shows around the state for them as well. So these things make me happy and make the move a little easier.

Both of my bands play all around the state, so the move won't effect gigs for either of them. We travel for most gigs anyhow, so it's no big deal.

I can obviously run my web design business from anywhere, so nothing changes there either.

So while I'm sad to leave this beautiful city in the mountains and move to the hottest city on earth, there are a number of huge doors that will open.

Come on over, we have a killer house with tons of room...and an awesome pool!

Hey long time no talk...urrrm type wink.gif

I'm very happy for you and your wife. It will be easier for her, so that's good. And you both will be together more, so that's great!

Okay, when can I come jump in that pool tongue.gif laugh.gif

Much luck (not that you'll need it (both of you) but I wish you all the best hug2.gif

Daylin smile.gif

Thanks Daylin! We are excited and major change has always worked well for us in the past.

Pool is always open to you. cool.gif Hope you're doing well.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 25 2012, 09:07 PM)
Come on over, we have a killer house with tons of room...and an awesome pool!

A Launch-Con in Phoenix sounds like fun! trink39.gif But, definitely AFTER the temps have cooled down. wacko.gif

Congratulations on the move and the new opportunities it will bring! smile.gif