Realization

Zanadoo

I got to thinking about the boys and how long they've been around and it hit me: they've kept going because they know how talented they are.

So many bands lose interest because they're wells run dry and they try to squeeze out more juice than they have. Rush knows that they're well is nearly bottomless they keep proving it, it's like a god damn miracle. They're this unbelievable combination of talent and the best part is that they know it. They realize how important they're talents are and they relish in it. What a cool f'ing band.

2.gif

They certainly are talented, and I think they do have confidence in their ability, while still retaining a sense of modesty, or at least acknowledging that they can always improve themselves, or at least further the exploration of their instruments. This definitely keeps them going.

But there are other awesome factors pertaining to their longevity (not talking about commercial success, or lack thereof): they have such easy-going personalities that mesh well together, allowing them to be friends and get along so well over these many years. No matter how talented they might be, if the personal chemistry isn't there, the band wouldn't last. And passion. Without passion with what they do, it wouldn't happen. Passion and talent. What a potent combination! th1245.gif

I just really happy that they didn't turn into a wimp-fest like the Moody Blues or something. I think the touring is also what keeps them going and now Neil seems to be having more fun than ever on tour so we may get rewards from the band for years to come. R50? wub.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 25 2012, 08:06 AM)
I just really happy that they didn't turn into a wimp-fest like the Moody Blues or something. I think the touring is also what keeps them going and now Neil seems to be having more fun than ever on tour so we may get rewards from the band for years to come. R50? wub.gif

laugh.gif moody blues got sooo shitty

Someday, folks other than us at TRF will look back at a band who stayed together, stayed fresh musically, stayed friends, and didn't become a parody of themselves and realize - there's no one else like that.

Really: no other group.

QUOTE (spock @ Jul 25 2012, 06:26 PM)
Someday, folks other than us at TRF will look back at a band who stayed together, stayed fresh musically, stayed friends, and didn't become a parody of themselves and realize - there's no one else like that.

It's this notion that leads me to believe there will be a cult following for the boys long after they're gone.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jul 25 2012, 06:29 PM)

It's this notion that leads me to believe there will be a cult following for the boys long after they're gone.

dying will make them hip

i'll start the COURTNEY KILLED GEDDY rumor

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jul 25 2012, 06:29 PM)

dying will make them hip

i'll start the COURTNEY KILLED GEDDY rumor

z7shysterical.gif