Confirmed songs for Tour

LedRush

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 21 2012, 06:21 PM)
Also, I have confirmed for 100% certainty that they will be playing Headlong Flight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Caravan, Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, Carnies, Limelight, The Wreckers and Far Cry

I think Subdivisions is a pretty sure bet as well!

yes.gif

I would be disappointed if Far Cry was omitted, but I could understand why. its been played the past 2 tours. It's one of my favorite songs though. I would REALLY be discouraged if The Anarchist was not played the first time around. That track is so kick ass. Seeing some of these rumors is reassuring, but how accurate is the 5 MP songs gossip? I personally wouldn't mind it since this is my first rush concert, but I think it would be yet again repetitive to do something like this... I hope they move onto doing another album in its entirety like 2112 or Signals (the latter being more likely possible).

For anyone who hasn't already seen this, here is a link to an interview with Alex Lifeson in which he discusses the setlist. Bearing in mind that this was from June 18 and who knows how valid the info is at this date, I still found it an interesting read. Most interesting to me is where he says that the material from CA consumes 55 minutes and that only a few songs from CA are not included.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a...8#ixzz24b3E48ef

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

While they did drop TSOR for about half the Roll The Bones tour, I think only TSOR and TS are must plays. All others from older albums have been dropped at times.

Make a set as follows:

Must plays 2: TS, TSOR 11 minutes

Other hits or casual favourites (choose 5 of the following and do not repeat in same city) (30 minutes):

FBN, Overture/Temples, CTTH, The Trees, Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta, Subdivisions, New World Man, DEW, Red Sector A, TBM, Force 10, TSS, SDT, Dreamline, RTB, Animate, T4E, Resist, OLV...

Choose 3 instrumentals (20 minutes)

45 minutes of vault songs never played or not played in >20 years

Most of CA: 60-66 minutes

141-147 minutes of music and with videos cheering and drum solo would be close to 3 hours..... If they would do 3 hours of music then...

The rest would be S&A or VT stuff and select songs that don't fit above catefories.

QUOTE (Grover @ Aug 28 2012, 09:55 AM)
While they did drop TSOR for about half the Roll The Bones tour

I think you mean the Presto tour because IIRC it was in the encore medley on the RTB tour throughout the whole tour.

Limelight is one they dropped for a bit too...that may also have been on the Presto tour.

Neither is going anywhere at this stage of the game, I don't think.

i'd approach that image with caution. the last time people thoughT superconductor was in the setlist and it turned out to be an image for BU2B.

but its not entirely surprising condering it one of their pet songs like drealine, natural science, la villa and roll the bones. and it would be the obvious and indulgent move to put strings on those.

QUOTE (quickfree @ Sep 4 2012, 10:03 AM)
i'd approach that image with caution. the last time people thoughT superconductor was in the setlist and it turned out to be an image for BU2B.

but its not entirely surprising condering it one of their pet songs like drealine, natural science, la villa and roll the bones. and it would be the obvious and indulgent move to put strings on those.

It may be BU2B2 as well. If the strings all have individual parts instead of the music written on one staff.

unsure.gif