Confirmed songs for Tour

LedRush

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 29 2012, 02:15 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 29 2012, 03:53 PM)
It's always a classic. As phenomenal as Caravan is, it isn't that yet.

If it's not Spirit, I will guess either Tom Sawyer or Limelight. Subdivisions not impactful enough

This is the reason why I guessed in other threads that the opener will be Free Will. Tom Sawyer, Spirit, and Limelight are as big as you can get as openers [and are all GREAT openers] but they've all been done. FW is just as classic, is almost( if not just as big) as those 3, and hasn't been done.

I agree with your Subdivisions thought.

Neil has said in an interview before(Possibly Taking Centre Stage) that he would not play Freewill as an opener to a show as it is too fast a song to open with.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 29 2012, 10:42 AM)
In fact, I am trying to remember when it wasn't either SPOR, Tom S, or Limelight. Seems it's been one of those going back at least the last 5 or 6 tours. I think they opened with Dreamline in the 90'....?

Yes, Dreamline was an opener in the 90s. TSOR was the first one that I saw and a staple for many years. Also TS, Limelight, big montage of 30 year catalog...

I hope to hear the CA album in its entirety (realize I won't). Opener? I have no guess. They may go retro (Bastille Day, TSOR) or they may go with something entirely different. Definitely will rock, either way.

2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (LedRush @ Jul 24 2012, 10:44 PM)
Lifeson said with Alice Cooper that songs like TS and TSOR have to be played when discussing the current setlist.  Alice offered TS and Alex offered TSOR.

And sorry about the wrong forum.  I'd move this if I could.  This is the second time...meaning I'm not a smart man.

QUOTE (deathlikesilence)
nah, it just means you're new here

welcome to the rush forum

LedRush

Member No.: 13,138

deathlikesilence

Member No.: 13,118

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 29 2012, 01:15 AM)

If it's not Spirit, I will guess either Tom Sawyer or Limelight. Subdivisions not impactful enough

This is the reason why I guessed in other threads that the opener will be Free Will. Tom Sawyer, Spirit, and Limelight are as big as you can get as openers [and are all GREAT openers] but they've all been done. FW is just as classic, is almost( if not just as big) as those 3, and hasn't been done.

I doubt Freewill.....he can't sing those high parts anymore, and opening with that song would make it more difficult for him.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 29 2012, 10:45 AM)

I doubt Freewill.....he can't sing those high parts anymore, and opening with that song would make it more difficult for him.

Yeah "Freewill" is always good towards the latter part of the first set. Where Geddy's voice is warmed up but not yet tired. They have alwayds placed that song at the right position in the show.

cool.gif

Freewill will show up second set, maybe as the encore.

I think I posted a few months ago that the opener will be one of the hits, a couple deep cuts will follow and then we'll get the majority of CA in order closing the first set with The Garden, which will be epic in each and every way possible. I cannot see them breaking up the album over two sets like they did with S&A.

I think Frewill makes and awesome closer with By-Tor and maybe working man. I don;t see LVS on the horizon unless its part of the main set

QUOTE (2112rush @ Jul 29 2012, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 29 2012, 02:15 AM)

Neil has said in an interview before(Possibly Taking Centre Stage) that he would not play Freewill as an opener to a show as it is too fast a song to open with.

Interesting. Never knew that. If he wants to push himself (as he seems to enjoy at times) then FW is the way to go.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 30 2012, 12:45 AM)

There are some songs that imho he can't sing as well as he used to but they do those songs anyway. But yeah, as a first song it definitely is a toughie. However, it's not like these guys have ever really taken the easy route.

They mention that Headlong flight will be there

and it will be for a while in upcoming tours.

As the new quintessential RUSH song

Also, you dont need to be a genius to know that also

CARAVAN

BU2B and THE WRECKERS will be there too.

That added to The Anarchist and Clockwork Angels

its a good bunch from CA

Edited by SUBDIVISIONS

QUOTE (big lou @ Jul 30 2012, 12:24 PM)
Old is new again --

I predict they will open with 2112 - Overture and Temples.

2112 Overture- Temples would be a great opener, you can start the set with it and end with 2112-Finale!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Old is new again --

This is my prediction too. I was thinking Subdivisions might work, but 2112 would be more effective in getting the crowd up and moving.

The opener needs to be a classic that most of the crowd knows. If they want to move away from Tom Sawyer, TSOR, and Limelight then 2112 makes sense. Unless they go the Far Cry route, similar to when they used Dreamline as an opener for the Counterparts tour...

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 24 2012, 10:57 PM)
Is it really a spoiler to say that Rush will playing The Spirit Of Radio at any concert since 1980? tongue.gif

No kidding....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old is new again --

I think they should open with just Overture and leave out Temples. That way they don't have to downtune. The can go straight from "And the meek shall inherit the earth" to the guitar riff at the beginning of Grand Finale. So basically Overture - Grand Finale, not downtuned.