Confirmed songs for Tour

LedRush

And how about the Gorge closer last year when Geddy said " A f***ing awesome tour!"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Jul 25 2012, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Jul 25 2012, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 24 2012, 09:57 PM)
Is it really a spoiler to say that Rush will playing The Spirit Of Radio at any concert since 1980? tongue.gif

no, i was just curious as to whether or not it had been revealed as an opener or closer or encore or what

cause i'm expecting TSOR to open but if i find out it's not i can have fun playing rush guessing games

I wouldn't expect Spirit of Radio to be the opener this time around given that it was the opener last tour.

one would think that, but it was the opener for three tours in a row back in the 80s

and honestly i think it's the perfect opener no matter how many times it's been done

OK...to be a little more clear then - Spirit of Radio is NOT the opener this tour! smile.gif

It's gotta be Far Cry - That's been my prediction for a while, am I right? cool.gif

Edited by SchemingDemon

QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Jul 27 2012, 03:21 PM)
And how about the Gorge closer last year when Geddy said " A f***ing awesome tour!"

i remember when that happened, cant remember who but someone on here was complaining that the boys had lost their "class" and then tried to say that rock n roll needed to get back to the classy days of led zeppelin (the band that f*cks girls with fish)

wasnt sure if this person was joking or not

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 27 2012, 07:00 PM)
i really hope the opener isnt far cry, and i actually like far cry

They should open with Dog Years.....all Rush fans would looking at each other with a WTF look and I would be rolling on the floor laughing my arse off...... rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 28 2012, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 27 2012, 07:00 PM)
i really hope the opener isnt far cry, and i actually like far cry

They should open with Dog Years.....all Rush fans would looking at each other with a WTF look and I would be rolling on the floor laughing my arse off...... rofl3.gif

i'd rather hear dog years than far cry.

I'm tempted to predict a Subdivisions opener. It opens Signals, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary.

But then again, I don't know if it's up tempo enough to get butts out of the seats. So then I think The Analog Kid makes sense, but that's an album cut that they typically drop in the second or third slot.

I'm at a loss...

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 27 2012, 06:59 PM)
if the opener is far cry that would be ok since i wouldn't mind getting it out of the way early. tongue.gif

waffen093.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 28 2012, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 28 2012, 04:26 PM)
Right now I think we are at:

Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio
Caravan
BU2B
The Anarchist
Carnies
Headlong Flight

and

The Wreckers

I'm fine with all of them!

trink39.gif  2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif

only 3 beer/pee breaks out of 8 for me so far. not bad. 1022.gif

waffen093.gif

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Jul 28 2012, 12:02 AM)
How about they play a 3 hour set, the first hour performing Clockwork Angels in full? 2.gif  drool1.gif

That would be ultimate..........even better than hearing MP in full as last tour.......

Kind of off-topic, but since it was brought up, I still don't understand the idea of taking a bathroom break while they're playing. Even if it's not a song I particularly care for, I still paid my money to see them pay and I want to see all of it. My blander can wait three hours. tongue.gif Edited by sb2112

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Jul 29 2012, 05:48 AM)
I'm tempted to predict a Subdivisions opener. It opens Signals, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary.

But then again, I don't know if it's up tempo enough to get butts out of the seats. So then I think The Analog Kid makes sense, but that's an album cut that they typically drop in the second or third slot.

I'm at a loss...

Yeah, Subdivisions isn't a bad guess especially since it is the 30 year anniversary. Analog Kid would be good (imho, the best song on Sigs anyway) but if they do open with anything off Sigs I'd say it's Digital Man. It's groovy and all that. trink38.gif

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 28 2012, 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 29 2012, 12:53 AM)
I'm gonna guess that Caravan opens the show....

They did that on the last tour. We don't need to hear it again.

Believe me, I don't want to hear it at all....just a guess...

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 29 2012, 03:53 PM)
It's always a classic. As phenomenal as Caravan is, it isn't that yet.

If it's not Spirit, I will guess either Tom Sawyer or Limelight. Subdivisions not impactful enough

This is the reason why I guessed in other threads that the opener will be Free Will. Tom Sawyer, Spirit, and Limelight are as big as you can get as openers [and are all GREAT openers] but they've all been done. FW is just as classic, is almost( if not just as big) as those 3, and hasn't been done.

I agree with your Subdivisions thought.