What Went Wrong?

HigherWater

I don't love everything the band has ever done.

Songs like You Bet Your Life, Stupidconductor, Virtuality and Dog Years are absolute drivel IMNTBHO.

Clockwork Angels however does not fit into the 'drivel' catagory.

There are 9 excellent songs - 2 that are not up to that same standard but are not bad and 1 that isn't exactly a song thus I don't count it.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.. if you don't like it thats up to you. Personally I'm loving it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

CA is a good if not great balanced record that the guys can be very proud of.

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

As if "the negative people" of this forum have "taken over"? Really?? I'd say the people who have negative things to say are in the minority, and also that this is a discussion forum and a very boring place if we all give positive reviews of ever damn thing Rush produces.

Drama Queen is what I think of when I read crying posts like this... cool.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 27 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 27 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 26 2012, 07:46 PM)
Fanboys ruin everything.

You mean, "haters ruin everything," right? tongue.gif

I mean that fanboys ruin everything. This thread is loaded with horrible fanboys on both sides of the issue. If you like "The Wreckers", you're an idiot with no musical taste and don't deserve to listen to the band in the first place (according to the "elitist Rush connoisseur" type of fanboy). If you don't like it, you're a miserable "hater" who can't be happy about anything and are probably lying about liking the band anyway (according to the YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING THAT RUSH DOES OR YOU AREN'T A TRUE FAN type of fanboy). What separates fanboys from plain old fans is that fanboys have to be retarded about what they like. When they argue, everybody loses.

I'm beginning to remember why I took such a long break from this forum.

Fanboyz is spelled with a Z.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 29 2012, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 27 2012, 07:47 PM)
Fanboys ruin everything.

I mean that fanboys ruin everything. This thread is loaded with horrible fanboys on both sides of the issue. If you like "The Wreckers", you're an idiot with no musical taste and don't deserve to listen to the band in the first place (according to the "elitist Rush connoisseur" type of fanboy). If you don't like it, you're a miserable "hater" who can't be happy about anything and are probably lying about liking the band anyway (according to the YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING THAT RUSH DOES OR YOU AREN'T A TRUE FAN type of fanboy). What separates fanboys from plain old fans is that fanboys have to be retarded about what they like. When they argue, everybody loses.

agree.....explains why most of the good folks are long gone....

I guess like the rest of us you aren't "Good Folk" !

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 30 2012, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 27 2012, 08:47 PM)
Fanboys ruin everything.

Fanboyz is spelled with a Z.

And with an i. (Fanboiz)

tongue.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jul 24 2012, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 24 2012, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 07:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

It's sub-par album, and to me The Wreckers is one of the worst tracks....doesn't sound like Rush or represent any aspect of Rush that I like..

lol. Define Rush. Please.

This.

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Aug 30 2012, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jul 24 2012, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 24 2012, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 07:58 PM)

It's sub-par album, and to me The Wreckers is one of the worst tracks....doesn't sound like Rush or represent any aspect of Rush that I like..

lol. Define Rush. Please.

This.

Makes sense that you support faulty arguments both inside and outside SOCN.

Hey-o! :highfive: