Wreckers Live

briremo

I love the song but the end of the song teases us at about 4:45 with what should be an up coming epic solo ala Mission and then nothing...the song fades out. Hopefully when they do this live Alex will jump up and pull an amazing solo out of his ass.

Oh that ending screams: " Lead Baby Lead" We have not heard the entire song yet. This is the song where the whole thing came together, Lyrics, Composition, the Strings and Live we'll probably hear and extended lead from Al. It's going to be simply marvelous!

wub.gif AlexFinal.gif wub.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 25 2012, 05:38 AM)
Oh that ending screams: " Lead Baby Lead" We have not heard the entire song yet. This is the song where the whole thing came together, Lyrics, Composition, the Strings and Live we'll probably hear and extended lead from Al. It's going to be simply marvelous!

wub.gif AlexFinal.gif wub.gif

goodpost.gif damn ! Have to wait almost a year to see it !!!

I pray they don't do this or Wish Them Well . The rest of the album i have no prob with

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 31 2012, 01:49 PM)
They will almost certainly play it. It has prominent strings, and it is the third single.

it will definitely be part of the setlist.

Just thinking about all the casual fans that may not even be aware a new album is out. By the end of this 6 or 7 song set they will be heading to itunes for a DL.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 31 2012, 12:37 PM)
I pray they don't do this or Wish Them Well . The rest of the album i have no prob with

Well I think you're praying to the wrong God! 'Cause its their latest single and guess what, it will probably make the set list.

wink.gif

they are definitely going to play the wreckers which means it's a pee/beer break but if they play 7 cities followed by the wreckers and than headlong flight after that, which they will probably do, it's a very tricky pee/beer break. have to be out quick after 7 cities, than hope the beer line isn't too long in order to get back for headlong flight in time. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 5 2012, 08:48 PM)
they are definitely going to play the wreckers which means it's a pee/beer break but if they play 7 cities followed by the wreckers and than headlong flight after that, which they will probably do, it's a very tricky pee/beer break. have to be out quick after 7 cities, than hope the beer line isn't too long in order to get back for headlong flight in time. unsure.gif

more like nap time....

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 24 2012, 07:29 PM)
I love the song but the end of the song teases us at about 4:45 with what should be an up coming epic solo ala Mission and then nothing...the song fades out. Hopefully when they do this live Alex will jump up and pull an amazing solo out of his ass.

I envision an ending kind of like the extended Bravado live. Although I've given up on Alex playing fantastic solos anymore. He is just not into that anymore. Those pretty much ended with Analog Kid with a few small nice teaser solos since then. HF is great, just cut off way too early, because he isn't into that anymore.

I can handle Wreckers live and its probably a given.

WTW blows chunks though. A little sit down break for me.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 5 2012, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 5 2012, 08:48 PM)
they are definitely going to play the wreckers which means it's a pee/beer break but if they play 7 cities followed by the wreckers and than headlong flight after that, which they will probably do, it's a very tricky pee/beer break.  have to be out quick after 7 cities, than hope the beer line isn't too long in order to get back for headlong flight in time.  unsure.gif

more like nap time....

Which songs would you like to see them play from CA? What are your favorites?

Someone else mentioned BU2B may not make the cut, which would be such a shame. Such a great tune and The Wreckers is so not a great tune.

I hope to see:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Headlong Flight

The Garden

But since The Wreckers is a single it will definitely be played and I doubt they play 9 songs, so BU2B may be cut, or Halo Effect.

Peart should do his solo at the end of Headlong Flight during that little drum break, then they go into The Garden so he can rest

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 9 2012, 10:43 AM)
I pray they don't do this or Wish Them Well . The rest  of the album i have no prob with

Someone else mentioned BU2B may not make the cut, which would be such a shame. Such a great tune and The Wreckers is so not a great tune.

I hope to see:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Headlong Flight

The Garden

But since The Wreckers is a single it will definitely be played and I doubt they play 9 songs, so BU2B may be cut, or Halo Effect.

Peart should do his solo at the end of Headlong Flight during that little drum break, then they go into The Garden so he can rest

Take out The Garden and Halo from your list and that would be enough for me.

Rush just shouldn't do ballady songs. Especially live. Those two songs will suck all the energy out of the show. Not that they are bad songs, just not concert material. The 2000 people there who have the new album will know them, 1000 may actually like them. The other 17000 will go to sleep.

I really hope they'll play the whole album. I don't love every single song on it, but I do love it as a complete work, and I think that hearing it that way live would be just phenomenal.