Clockwork Angels Novel

The Lofty Oaks

Just an FYI for those interested. I have been given the opportunity to read an advance copy of the Clockwork Angels novel which I now possess.

The publishers tells me I can post my review of the book in mid August just before release date. Don't know about you but I think it is a pretty cool thing.

So I will be reading now.

Photo Here

2.gif

Holy Watchmaker, Batman!

Let us know how it flowed as soon as you're ready!

Ideally I'd hope the boys all had an advance copy of the manuscript, and that the album is a fair rendition of certain highlights of the novel.

#What say you?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 24 2012, 10:39 PM)
If it gets fantastic reviews, I might consider reading it. I've never read a Neil Peart book, and have no interest in doing so, but this one might be cool.... but only if it gets really stellar reviews.

Kevin J. Anderson is a pretty good writer. I have read some of the Star Wars books. Hopefully Neil just gave him a direction but didn't actually pen anything.

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Jul 25 2012, 11:12 AM)
Just curious how you got an advance copy?  I believe you and all, just jealous smile.gif

I received an email in my blog email address from the publishing company (ECW Press) asking if I wanted to participate in the advance copy reader program deal.

Someone from the publishing company must have read one or more of my Rush articles or reviews on my blog.

Of course my answer was yes. The photo on the front page is the actual book that I received in the mail. Reading begins tonight.

I'll post some insights when I can.

BLOG LINK

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 25 2012, 12:39 AM)
If it gets fantastic reviews, I might consider reading it. I've never read a Neil Peart book, and have no interest in doing so, but this one might be cool.... but only if it gets really stellar reviews.

Me three.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 24 2012, 08:13 PM)
For the first time ever I am looking more forward to the audio book because Neil Peart is recording it. Let us know how it is, but no spoilers please.

Let you know what? wink.gif

I'm the same - I don't buy audio books but this one will be worthwhile, IMO. Can't wait! smile.gif

That is cool!

I look forward to your review and thoughts when you're done!