The Wreckers Selected as the Next Single...

Jag2112

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 25 2012, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 25 2012, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 24 2012, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 24 2012, 02:53 PM)
It sounds like a Foo Fighters song, the FF get played on the radio.

sounds worse than foo fighters and i don't like foo fighters.

I HATE Foo Fighters and really like The Wreckers.

interesting..... sarcasm.gif

Put Grohl's vocals on that and it's a FF song....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 25 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 25 2012, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 24 2012, 04:03 PM)
It will be played on the radio for about 2 weeks and then you will hear Limelight agian

2 weeks? Like HF, it won't ever be played at all where I live.

I asked the program director for the station here, who lives down the street. HF has never been played. Since its way better than Wreckers, no chance.

Apparently Headlong Flight is actually doing okay on the "Mainstream Rock Charts," whatever relevance that has anymore. tongue.gif

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/07/24...lockwork-Angels

"Headlong Flight was released online back on April 18th and made available for purchase on iTunes on April 24th. It has been in the top 10 on the Mainstream Rock Charts for several weeks and is currently sitting at #6."

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255612

Of course, none of this is as much fun as the false rumor that The Larger Bowl was going to be released to Country stations. tongue.gif Anyone remember that? Ay caramba! tongue.gif

Yeah, HF did pretty good. It's all time high was #5.

I can see The Wreckers matching that or passing that pretty easy, but time will tell.

The problem here is not with the choice of "The Wreckers" as a single. CA holds a minimum of 4 radio friendly singles that would have captivated the airwaves 25-30 years ago. The problem lies with todays' radio, modern/new rock stations not going play anything from "older" bands....not their demographic. Classic rock stations......well you'd be lucky to hear a new release from any older bands. Prog stations? maybe if you're fortunate enough to live in market to support one.

No, radio as it is today is a sad example, and the best music goes unheard to the masses.

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Jul 25 2012, 09:24 PM)
The problem here is not with the choice of "The Wreckers" as a single. CA holds a minimum of 4 radio friendly singles that would have captivated the airwaves 25-30 years ago. The problem lies with todays' radio, modern/new rock stations not going play anything from "older" bands....not their demographic. Classic rock stations......well you'd be lucky to hear a new release from any older bands. Prog stations? maybe if you're fortunate enough to live in market to support one.

No, radio as it is today is a sad example, and the best music goes unheard to the masses.

Stupid computer, Internet and satelites!

comp26.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 25 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 25 2012, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 24 2012, 04:03 PM)
It will be played on the radio for about 2 weeks and then you will hear Limelight agian

2 weeks? Like HF, it won't ever be played at all where I live.

I asked the program director for the station here, who lives down the street. HF has never been played. Since its way better than Wreckers, no chance.

Apparently Headlong Flight is actually doing okay on the "Mainstream Rock Charts," whatever relevance that has anymore. tongue.gif

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/07/24...lockwork-Angels

"Headlong Flight was released online back on April 18th and made available for purchase on iTunes on April 24th. It has been in the top 10 on the Mainstream Rock Charts for several weeks and is currently sitting at #6."

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255612

Of course, none of this is as much fun as the false rumor that The Larger Bowl was going to be released to Country stations. tongue.gif Anyone remember that? Ay caramba! tongue.gif

I need to move. Or egg Rob's house.

Play it once for me just got a laugh.

QUOTE (2112rush @ Jul 25 2012, 06:02 PM)
I'm struggling to see the importance in this. It may get a little more airplay in some places but everyone that has the album can listen to it whenever they want. I don't think it will get enough airplay to make a massive difference to sales of the album or even of the single.

It's interesting to me. The "old way" of releasing singles and using radio as the medium is still very, very entrenched and relevant. It's a simple matter of dollars. There have been several songs that were released via YouTube only, went viral getting lots of views; but, then, there was no real commercial success (i.e. getting money for it) until it started getting played on radio. It doesn't matter if it gets played on the "afternoon drive" or as part of some "bit" on a zany morning show - radio reaches a lot of people, they still sell ads, and those dollars find their way back to the record companies. Sure, the model is different and there are other ways, but the old model is still there.

The record companies are still a bit delusional, though, as I don't think it's as important as they make it out. It's all they know, though, and they are just salesmen. And, here's a newsflash: sometimes salesmen will exaggerate and pump up something's importance to make a sale.

For instance, Roadrunner's website also says this:

Rush tour dates in support of Clockwork Angels kick off September 7; find a show near you, 'cause they're selling out!

Really? Every show I checked still has tickets available - which ones are sold out?

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jul 24 2012, 07:40 PM)
When did people start ripping on the wary/contrary rhyme? I certainly don't think it's cringeworthy at all  confused13.gif

It's not...that's simply what the nattering nitpickers of negativity do. schla03.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 25 2012, 03:58 PM)
cheesy is a good word.

Is it really? I consider it rather flimsy and vague. I've never been completely clear on what it's supposed to mean anyway.

Edited by Silas Lang

I grow Wary of this discussion, contrary to popular belief I think its their best Chorus Ever! The Wreckers rocks and thats the reason they've chosen it as the next single. Don't be surprised it Halo Effect comes next.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Jul 27 2012, 08:41 PM)
No one complained when Ged sang about the goings on in a dog's brain.
And now we know about the "constant blur of low-level static"

That was a tongue-in-cheek song to begin with, and its lyrics are actually pretty clever.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 10:00 PM)

That was a tongue-in-cheek song to begin with, and its lyrics are actually pretty clever.

i like dog years. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 29 2012, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 10:00 PM)

i like dog years. 1022.gif

And yet you criticize the majority of CA? confused13.gif This material is way stronger than Dog Years. I don't hate Dog Years just saying. I agree that the lyrics of Dog Years get a bad rap. Neil was just trying a simpler tongue in cheek writing style for a change and people take him too serious and think that he's running out of intelligent ideas.

Heard it on the radio today! Very cool. Why does Rush always seem to sound better on the radio? Everyone's hearing it perhaps?

ZLX in Boston 13:00-ish.

It played quite well on my little single speaker radio at my desk. I even turned it up a bit for my neighbours to hear and rocked out for a few minutes. ohmy.gif

On a side note, Rush always seems to sound better on Canadian radio, too huh.gif . Home turf? unsure.gif