The Wreckers Selected as the Next Single...

Jag2112

Good choice. It means absolutely nothing, but good choice.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 24 2012, 06:28 PM)
neils fault for giving geddy long cheesy chorus lines. c'mon wary contrary? it's horrible dude. biggrin.gif

Too often the case in RUSH's latter work. It's usually just one or two cringe-worthy lines that derail a song.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 24 2012, 07:09 PM)
Do we even care about singles anymore? Does anyone? Does it even matter at all in the scheme of things?

confused13.gif

No shit. Does anyone listen to radio that would play it? And if they do, does their opinion matter? I don't think we'll see it on the Now 43 release next month.

I suppose this is a good choice. Wonder if there'll be an edit. It's pretty accessable, and a little mellower than every single single that proceeded it so it seems like it was either going to be TW or Halo Effect. As long as The Anarchist is the next single 1022.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 24 2012, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 24 2012, 07:09 PM)
Do we even care about singles anymore? Does anyone? Does it even matter at all in the scheme of things?

confused13.gif

No shit. Does anyone listen to radio that would play it? And if they do, does their opinion matter? I don't think we'll see it on the Now 43 release next month.

Or on Kidz Bop 24. Yeah.

QUOTE (goose @ Jul 24 2012, 07:31 PM)
neils fault for giving geddy long cheesy chorus lines.  c'mon wary contrary? it's horrible dude.  biggrin.gif

Too often the case in RUSH's latter work. It's usually just one or two cringe-worthy lines that derail a song.

And Heaven knows that Neil never wrote ONE SINGLE BAD LYRIC during Rush's early days!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

This was the song that first caught my ear when I first listened to CA. It has single written all over it. It's a great song and truly shows where RUSH is now. However, it will probably go the way of all other Rush singles. Around for two weeks or so and then smothered by the classics.

To answer your question: It would be really great to hear "The Garden" on the radio along with many others. However, "The Wreckers" deserves its time in the Limelight, Once that's over, who knows?

yes.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 24 2012, 06:32 PM)
I'll probably get burned at the stake 1287.gif , but I would have liked to see them go with Halo Effect. ohmy.gif

I can actually imagine it maybe getting some play on classic rock stations. Maybe? unsure.gif Nah, probably not. tongue.gif

I agree with you , I think Halo Effect has single potential as well. It's short, catchy a modern "Closer to the Heart". However, The Wreckers deserves its time in the Limelight. Its that good!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I heard Halo Effect on Sirius Deep Tracks yesterday. My boss (who picks the channel) is a musician, dislikes Geddy, but liked the song.

i think the wreckers is partially neils fault for giving geddy long cheesy chorus lines.  c'mon wary contrary? it's horrible dude.  biggrin.gif

All I know is that sometimes you're going to be very

dissapointed when the new Rush album is just not for you

All I know is that sometimes you've got to ask Gary*

why that Vapor Trails album sounds just like poo

All I know is that sometimes it's going to be scary

when the new Rush setlist is revealed and it doesn't appeal to you

All I know is that sometimes that girl Katy Perry

wears some super skimpy outfits that make me say "woo-hoo!"

*Rushgoober

Sorry for the shoehorning. tongue.gif

Its has one of the best chorus' on the record and is very listenable.

Not sure why any of you are bitching about a Rush song getting radio play. Who cares what song it is. Real fans of the band would never bitch about hearing their songs on any radio station. Fcking bitch, bitch, bitch. I feel sorry for your wives and girlfriends.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 24 2012, 07:55 PM)
Its has one of the best chorus' on the record and is very listenable.

i'm sure it does just not to me. neil sometimes forgets that he's writing lyrics for a song not a book. can't blame ged for the wreckers. it's not something that's singer friendly or at least it doesn't sound that way to me where he could give it a nice signature geddy delivery.

I'm sorry, what is this thing you call, "RADIO"? Who gives a shit; no one listens to the radio anyway. Listen to what you like, turn off what you don't.

If you want to listen to By-Tor and Jacobs ladder for the 1,000,000,000 time, be my friggin' guest. CA is a damn good record and The Wreckers is one of it's best songs (IMO). As for the Lyric: While the 'wary/contrary rhyme is not Neil's best, the overall meaning behind the song is powerful. The whole album, for that matter is powerful. Still, if you want to hop on the modern lyric bandwagon--grab yourself a bag a weed and pick up some Wilco!

I will say this. My greatest disappointment in life (well OK, not quite) is that my 13 year old son wants nothing to do with Rush. Doesn't like them doesn't listen to them... All he wants to listen to is Eminem, Ludacris, Black Eye Peas and a bunch of other stuff I'm not really a huge fan of.

He probably heard "The Wreckers" twice from me playing it in the car or around the house. So last week have the family in the car and "the Wreckers" pops up and plays on my ipod - and he is singing along with the chours! Wife and I start laughing at him and he's like "Hey, this is a really good song"

So that is at least one vote for trying to reach out to a different audience with this as the next "single" - although I agree, I will be shocked if it ever gets played!

QUOTE (fish89 @ Jul 24 2012, 08:56 PM)
I will say this. My greatest disappointment in life (well OK, not quite) is that my 13 year old son wants nothing to do with Rush. Doesn't like them doesn't listen to them... All he wants to listen to is Eminem, Ludacris, Black Eye Peas and a bunch of other stuff I'm not really a huge fan of.

He probably heard "The Wreckers" twice from me playing it in the car or around the house. So last week have the family in the car and "the Wreckers" pops up and plays on my ipod - and he is singing along with the chours! Wife and I start laughing at him and he's like "Hey, this is a really good song"

So that is at least one vote for trying to reach out to a different audience with this as the next "single" - although I agree, I will be shocked if it ever gets played!

Ground him until he succumbs. It's in his best interest.

Has he been to a show?

QUOTE (fish89 @ Jul 24 2012, 08:56 PM)

Alright then, I stand corrected. If 13 year old young men are singing along to the chorus then let the radio have it. Whatever radio is these days...