PLEASE, No Pictures Of That Lunatic Mass Murderer

Principled Man

I'm not asking.....I'm PLEADING. No more pictures of that sick lunatic douchebag. There are already a thousand too many on all other media.....

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 23 2012, 11:36 PM)
Seriously. The media,everybody, needs to stop giving these monsters any attention. Give it to the victims. Stop enabling these P.O.S.s!

I truly believe that getting on TV and/or the Internet is the #1 reason why these creeps go out and shoot up places. It's their sick, perverted way of becoming "famous"....even "immortal". It's how they get on stage - the world stage - and show everyone how "powerful" they are.

Oh, they'll never forget me......The Anarchist boasts. It's exactly what these real-life creeps are thinking.

Completely shutting off their exposure to the media would help prevent future massacres, IMO. It'll never happen, though, as the tabloid news channels live for this kind of drama..... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 24 2012, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 23 2012, 11:36 PM)
Seriously. The media,everybody, needs to stop giving these monsters any attention. Give it to the victims. Stop enabling these P.O.S.s!

I truly believe that getting on TV and/or the Internet is the #1 reason why these creeps go out and shoot up places. It's their sick, perverted way of becoming "famous"....even "immortal". It's how they get on stage - the world stage - and show everyone how "powerful" they are.

Oh, they'll never forget me......The Anarchist boasts. It's exactly what these real-life creeps are thinking.

Completely shutting off their exposure to the media would help prevent future massacres, IMO. It'll never happen, though, as the tabloid news channels live for this kind of drama..... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

I hear what you're saying but the media wouldn't keep up such broadcasts if it wasn't getting the attention. It's actually NOT getting too much of my attention simply because I'm at the other end of the planet and is a somewhat minor news blip in these parts. I've only briefly skimmed articles on CNN and BBC online. The locals I know have only mentioned it to me because I'm American...my mental telepathy tells me they're actually saying, "Man Johnny, your country is f*cked." Some it, sure. But I wouldn't say I am or most of the people from my country I actually know are either. I digress.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 24 2012, 08:51 AM)
I hear what you're saying but the media wouldn't keep up such broadcasts if it wasn't getting the attention.

Yes, the audience wants it, and the Media provides it. They're equally guilty.

However, if anyone is to put a stop to the constant publicizing of these lunatics, then the Media has to be the one. The general public won't be able to stop itself, so the Media has to step up and stop it. The Media producers have the power to stop the constant attention given to mass murderers. They alone can pull the plug. All it takes is a little courage.... yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 24 2012, 11:28 PM)
I hear what you're saying but the media wouldn't keep up such broadcasts if it wasn't getting the attention.

However, if anyone is to put a stop to the constant publicizing of these lunatics, then the Media has to be the one. The general public won't be able to stop itself, so the Media has to step up and stop it. The Media producers have the power to stop the constant attention given to mass murderers. They alone can pull the plug. All it takes is a little courage.... yes.gif

If they're equally guilty then wouldn't both have equal responsibility in stopping? Do you truly believe the public has no control over what it watches? As you said yourself, "All it takes is a little courage"

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 24 2012, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 24 2012, 11:28 PM)

If they're equally guilty then wouldn't both have equal responsibility in stopping? Do you truly believe the public has no control over what it watches? As you said yourself, "All it takes is a little courage"

Sure, the responsibility falls equally on both sides, but I'd say it's impossible for the general TV audience to control itself. It's too full of uneducated, tabloid-loving dimwits. Sure, some will have the courage to stop watching, but the large majority won't.

That's when someone has to step up and be the "adult" in the room, and that has to be the Media producer. He or she has to be the "parent" and turn off the TV, so to speak. Good parents turn off the TV, even though the kids get mad. Same goes for TV producers, IMO. It's part of being a true leader in our society - having the courage to do what is right, even though the masses may get pissed at you.

I live about 20 miles from the shooting and I am sick and tired of seeing his mug everywhere! As said before, we need to think of the victims and the survivors, who must now rebuild their lives.

He has had more than his 15 minutes of fame, lets not give him any more notoriety.

I can't look into this anymore... Not this story but these mass murders in general. My head is hurting, honestly. I was trying to be objective as usual but there's no logic behind any of this. If you think your life is shitty - off yourself. Not a bunch of innocent. Senseless and barbaric.

A bunch of people online are talking about how they've considered it themselves, saying they might actually do it. A lot of teens / young adults consider sorts of violence... None - hardly any - of these people will actually commit mass murder however. It's just disgusting how insensitive anonymous internet users can be.

Beyond that people are watching "Rampage" on synchtube I normally like sick movies, horror films, thrillers - all that.. But they're watching this in a sort of celebration of this recent event.

I'm sorry. I have so much to say and think about this but I really should just let it be at this point. All I'm doing is thinking the same things over and over and it's really make me feel literally sick.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

In other words, I just really need to see something that puts a little bit of hope back into mankind.

I know there's much corruption by many high powers - but when the citizens themselves turn on each other with no motive? That drives me crazy.

The Joker couldn't be anymore right... And maybe this is why J. Holmes called himself The Joker?

"Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!"

Yeah, I agree...The scum-bag looked like he was strung out on something

in his court room appearance..(LSD---PCP ???) or he was faking it all.

I wouldn't put it by the Government to set this dude up, though..

( I want to see absolute proof this slime ball did it.

..After all, you're innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law, right??

Granted, it's probably a slam-dunk case for the prosecution...just too

much evidence against this scum-bucket. If it's proven he did it, I hope he frys in the chair, for ATLEAST an hour.)

Just like Oswald got set-up in the Kennedy Assassination.They do some pretty slimy things , in the highest place's of power..that's a fact.

The old saying, "absolute power..corrupts absolutely" comes to mind

all the time..especially the last 20 years. NO ONE is above the law..but the Government seems to think they are ALOT...and that shit's gotta stop, if we want to have a "free" society again , like our grandparent's

or great-grandparent's had, way back when....

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 26 2012, 03:16 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 25 2012, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 25 2012, 06:16 AM)
If you think your life is shitty - off yourself.

Worst bit of advice ever

Taken out of context by a long shot.

So you think a disgusting animal or mentally ill person that committed this terrible crime should've done the right thing by killing himself? That puts it into context?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 25 2012, 08:43 PM)

Worst bit of advice ever

So you think a disgusting animal or mentally ill person that committed this terrible crime should've done the right thing by killing himself? That puts it into context?

That puts it into a more accurate context. The best way going about this is just quoting the thought in a whole.

It would be much better if this man (and, to this point we still don't if he was mentally ill, we are assuming) killed himself rather than 12 innocent people. Yes.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 26 2012, 03:58 PM)

Worst bit of advice ever

That puts it into a more accurate context. The best way going about this is just quoting the thought in a whole.

It would be much better if this man (and, to this point we still don't if he was mentally ill, we are assuming) killed himself rather than 12 innocent people. Yes.

I'm not assuming anything. And, frankly, most people wouldn't care if he actually is mentally ill or not. I'm not one of those people.

Really though, nearly ANYTHING he could've done besides what he actually did do would've been better anyway. So the point that he should've killed himself instead is rather pointless in my opinion. That kind of thinking doesn't do much besides make yourself more frustrated. It's not worth it.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 26 2012, 03:07 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 26 2012, 03:58 PM)

Worst bit of advice ever

I'm not assuming anything. And, frankly, most people wouldn't care if he actually is mentally ill or not. I'm not one of those people.

Really though, nearly ANYTHING he could've done besides what he actually did do would've been better anyway. So the point that he should've killed himself instead is rather pointless in my opinion. That kind of thinking doesn't do much besides make yourself more frustrated. It's not worth it.

The best advice to give someone is this:

If you think your life is shitty, then FIX IT.

Get over yourself, and FIX IT.

Don't take it out on others. Fix yourself.

If the love of your life dumped you, deal with it and move on.

If you lost your job, go get a new one.

If you failed a college course, deal with it and re-take it.

If you're lonely, then go out and meet people.

If you have a addiction problem, then go get help.

Get over yourself, and do whatever it takes to fix your life.

[/speech] 653.gif 653.gif

He was on the cover of a magazine in the Safeway line... All sorts of stupid buzz lines on it saying that he killed because of this and because of that. I turned it to face the other way.

A magazine... Which people purchase... So, we're not only exposing tragedy, but capitalizing on it? What a stupid f***ing society we live in.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 28 2012, 01:42 AM)
A magazine... Which people purchase... So, we're not only exposing tragedy, but capitalizing on it? What a stupid f***ing society we live in.

There's no such thing as bad publicity....... no.gif

Sex and violence are still the best ways for the Media to make a profit.

What I don't get is why does he now want to know the ending of the movie? He could have just stayed in his seat and watched it rather than committing the tragedy that he did that night. He has to be pushing hard for an insanity plea.

Unfortunately he may just get that insanity plea he is sure to claim. He was under the care of a psychiatrist that specializes in schizophrenia. Even worse days before the shooting happened he sent a notebook to the school where she worked explaining what he planned to do (the shooting) even drawing diagrams. sad.gif