London 2012

blackhawkrush

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a great time watching so far. I watched fencing saturday morning, which I did in college for three years - was so suprised to see it on television.

Fencing on that level is so fast. Nothing like what we were doing - laugh.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 30 2012, 11:24 AM)
Having a great time watching so far. I watched fencing saturday morning, which I did in college for three years - was so suprised to see it on television.
Fencing on that level is so fast. Nothing like what we were doing - laugh.gif

I did one month of fencing - just the basic principles - in Australia. I quite liked the "fights", but practicing the same things over and over again (reposte, defense, lunge etc etc) kinda ruined it for me...

A lot of swimmers scratched from events they had qualified for, to concentrate on one or two where they had a real chance. Lochte may have bitten off more than he can chew in his quest to win as many medals as possible. Before the relay, he had already done 2900 M of racing which is a lot. These swimmers are going absolutely all out in the races and that takes its toll. They may be trained and used to this pace, but everything gets ramped up that much more at the Olympics.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jul 31 2012, 11:18 AM)
A lot of swimmers scratched from events they had qualified for, to concentrate on one or two where they had a real chance. Lochte may have bitten off more than he can chew in his quest to win as many medals as possible. Before the relay, he had already done 2900 M of racing which is a lot. These swimmers are going absolutely all out in the races and that takes its toll. They may be trained and used to this pace, but everything gets ramped up that much more at the Olympics.

Good point. Lochte isn't Michel Phelps no matter how much he wants to be.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 31 2012, 12:29 PM)
Raonic (Canada) - Tsonga (France) 21-21 in the third set... wacko.gif

Serving first is always a big advantage in that situation. The odds are Tsonga will eventually take it...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 12:39 PM)

Serving first is always a big advantage in that situation. The odds are Tsonga will eventually take it...

23 -23 popcorn.gif

You called it. 25-23 Tsonga...but he was lucky in the last game.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jul 31 2012, 12:48 PM)

You called it. 25-23 Tsonga...but he was lucky in the last game.

In those crazy long matches on grass between huge servers who are big hitters off the ground as well, it usually comes down to one mistake or one lucky bounce, net cord or call.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 31 2012, 01:20 PM)
The American girls were sensational in the Team Gymnastics today.

Chinese & Russians were not happy campers. Lots of tears.

Won't get to watch it until tonight. Oh well. Happy they won!

GO USA LADIES cheer.gif

The media is just busting all over michael phelps. He is currently tied for the most medals of all time, and they're treating his finishes like major disasters!

Oh the agony, the humanity, will he recover, will we recover? Oh, shut up! eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 31 2012, 02:43 PM)

The media is just busting all over michael phelps. He is currently tied for the most medals of all time, and they're treating his finishes like major disasters!

Oh the agony, the humanity, will he recover, will we recover? Oh, shut up! eyesre4.gif

If, for instance, archery had competitions in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 meters and so on, some guy would give Phelps a run for his money. tongue.gif

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

USA medal leaders.

On top....Michael Phelps and the male swim team., and the

Womans Gymnastic team.

Woman swimmers did well also..Dana Vollmer, Missy franklin...... yes.gif

Edited by Chicken hawk