SPOILER: ******* confirmed!

liddybuck01

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 23 2012, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 23 2012, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 11:31 AM)
older track accompanied by the orchestra? i hope it's something that had strings in it to begin with.

Let's think...

Losing It, violin solo...

Power Windows; Manhattan Project has some orchestral work, so does Marathon towards the end...

Hold Your Fire has some good tracks where synth can be replaced with strings...

That's about it if I'm not mistaking, as far as "old" stuff goes.

They seem to be running with this orchestra sh!t, so when it comes down to it, they just better choose wisely.

i'll pass on the power windows stuff.

What?!?!

Manhattan Project and Marathon are awesome, and would be awesomer with live strings.

yes.gif

trink39.gif

no thanks.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 23 2012, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 10:06 AM)
Don't listen to Al, i am still waiting for Jacobs Ladder that he said they were doing last time laugh.gif

laugh.gif

He's probably still catching shit for that. I bet we get it this tour.

They better play it this tour!!

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2012, 10:18 PM)
Don't listen to Al, i am still waiting for Jacobs Ladder that he said they were doing last time laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I heard their doing Rivendell, Madrigal, Different Strings, The Larger Bowl, Faithless, Red Lenses, Tai Shan, High Water, Bu2B2, Closer to the Heart, Hope, Hand Over Fist and The Stars Look Down. In the second set..

Much to the delight of all the fans!

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:05 PM)
well, unless they change at last minute.

Alex confirms that Carnies will be played live, along with older tracks accompanied by strings.

read about it in the new Guitar World magazine.

Here's the quote:

"Carnies" has some appropriately wild carnival sounds. What effects did you use on that?

In the choruses, when you get that real carnival sense, I used one of the plug-ins, Guitar Rig 5. I don't remember the actual sampled sound; I'm going to have to go back to the earlier versions in Logic to find out - which I'm going to have to do anyway for when we play the song live.

If I'm being objective here, that's hardly confirmation. That could mean "when" as in "whenever" as in "if." They just started rehearsals and he and Geddy have both said they plan to play a lot of CA in this tour. They could very well be planning to play it live, but it could end up getting cut when they trim down to the 28 or so songs they'll include. (They have to make room for more "hilarious" video segments, afterall. You know, the video segments that have made Rush the band they are today, and garnered respect and recognition for their ability and longevity from fans and other musicians.)

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jul 23 2012, 01:26 PM)
Please do NOT post spoilers in thread titles.

I know the title was edited out, but really, having Alex say it is hardly a spoiler. As has been pointed out, Alex says a lot of stuff that never really comes to fruition.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 24 2012, 11:57 AM)
older track accompanied by the orchestra? i hope it's something that had strings in it to begin with.

Let's think...

Power Windows; Manhattan Project has some orchestral work, so does Marathon towards the end...

They seem to be running with this orchestra sh!t, so when it comes down to it, they just better choose wisely.

There are many songs that will translate fine to strings, Limelight, YYZ, mission, Different Strings, Tears, Nobody's Here, Bravado, Basically any song that has a string sounding keyboard part would be good. Usually all these songs the the guys would play the string part with the pedals.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I have to admit, in regards to live gigs, I can't help but disagree with nearly everything you say.

Limelight: no

YYZ: f**k no

Mission: possible

Different Strings: won't be played

Tears: won't be played

Nobody's Hero: won't be played

Bravado: probably won't be played due to the amount of CA material

Some of the PoW's stuff I can see though (Manhattan Project & Marathon)

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 24 2012, 07:04 AM)

laugh.gif

Yeah, I would think so too. It'd fit in with the angels.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2012, 10:18 PM)

laugh.gif

Jacobs Ladder would be awesome, specially if string are incorporated during the middle,, slow, "All at once the clouds are parted, light streams down in bright unbroken beams." part.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 24 2012, 08:42 AM)

Let's think...

There are many songs that will translate fine to strings, Limelight, YYZ, mission, Different Strings, Tears, Nobody's Here, Bravado, Basically any song that has a string sounding keyboard part would be good. Usually all these songs the the guys would play the string part with the pedals.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I have to admit, in regards to live gigs, I can't help but disagree with nearly everything you say.

I'm pretty sure Limelight will make it and with Strings playing the single string line, that is usually played with pedals. This is a no brainer!

yes.gif

I do not think they will play any songs that didn't have strings in them to begin with. If the song didn't have it originally I don't think they will re-arrange it to play it with strings now.

There are songs previously mentioned in this thread that have strings in them like Tears that they really never play live and now they will be able to with a string section playing along like the original recording. I look forward to hearing songs they may never have played live due to lack of strings.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 23 2012, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 02:52 PM)

Let's think...

i'll pass on the power windows stuff.

What?!?!

Manhattan Project and Marathon are awesome, and would be awesomer with live strings.

yes.gif

trink39.gif

I would absolutely love to hear Manhattan Project this tour.

If I go to this tour.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 25 2012, 02:51 AM)

Let's think...

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I'm pretty sure Limelight will make it and with Strings playing the single string line, that is usually played with pedals. This is a no brainer!

yes.gif

Wasn't one of your no-brainer guesses about them opening the gig with Losing It?

Well, I guess if you guess a million times, ONE of those guesses is bound to be right.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:05 PM)
well, unless they change at last minute.

Alex confirms that Carnies will be played live, along with older tracks accompanied by strings.

read about it in the new Guitar World magazine.

string tracks speculations?

Who is the top picture on your profile?WOW wub.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 25 2012, 02:57 AM)

Let's think...

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

yes.gif

Wasn't one of your no-brainer guesses about them opening the gig with Losing It?

Well, I guess if you guess a million times, ONE of those guesses is bound to be right.

Now you are putting words into my posts. I'd never said they open the gig with Losing It. I've always said they'd open with Far Cry or Subdivisions. Opening with Losing It is just stupid, which is probably why you came up with it.

wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 3 2012, 02:40 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 25 2012, 02:57 AM)

Let's think...

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

yes.gif

Now you are putting words into my posts. I'd never said they open the gig with Losing It. I've always said they'd open with Far Cry or Subdivisions. Opening with Losing It is just stupid, which is probably why you came up with it.

wink.gif

Oh, you burned me so bad. It burns so bad sarcasm.gif

I guess I just got so confused with the million other guesses you made.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 3 2012, 06:07 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 01:06 PM)

laugh.gif angry.gif

JL would be great with strings.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 23 2012, 03:19 PM)

Let's think...

Double Agent and Analog Kid would rule with strings! 1022.gif

- I think JL is a lock.

- They just did Marathon, so my guess is Manhattan Project.

- If they do add a string arrangement to any song, it would be CTTH - I mean they've done everything else to that song for a live performance so why not take this opportunity. I can actually see it being the last song of the set that requires the string section, maybe a little jam with them to wrap up their session. Just thinking outloud.

- as much as I want PM, LnK is a perfect string song live.

- I predict the first set does not have strings until they play the first 5 songs of CA to wrap up the set. The added musicians will take their positions while a video segment is playing so that crowd is distracted. They will begin the 2nd set which will be 5 "2nd side" songs of CA, stay for a handful of older songs and depart just before the drum solo.

- CA songs excluded - HE & BU2B2.

- Some form of Xanadu will appear. If I recall, it has double necks - if that still is aviable theory.

That's all I can think of for now....

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 4 2012, 08:32 PM)
i'm not a fan of power windows but i really hope they don't play Manhattan project. it's such snoozer. schla03.gif

PW has so many weak tracks. Manhattan Project is the only descent one I would like to hear