Bummed Out RUSH Fan

robertrobyn

Im a little bummed today. I went out to my truck this morning to go to work and my truck was broken into. I was not very smart I left my iPod in my overhead glove compartment and They took it!! Damn crooks. It had every single store bought RUSH cd's and all the studio live stuff. To boot my cd player is broken and I do not have a way to listen to the boys while Im driving... I drive for a living so its gunna be rough for a while.

Sorry, man. angry.gif

I can slightly relate. I dropped my iPod in my dog's water bowl last summer cuz I'm a friggin' idiot. It didn't survive. It's different when you're the victim of a crime though, I imagine.

I've a solution so next time this happens, if it happens, you can get your ipod back.

Make the first song on all of your playlists a Justin Bieber song. If stolen again, your ipod should be on the ground somewhere within a few feet of your vehicle, right next to a pile of vomit...so be careful.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jul 20 2012, 08:10 PM)
in the last 25+ years I've had my car/truck broken into about 8 times. I learned a long time ago not to keep anything in there that is worth anything. Sucks but that is the bucket o' sh*t society we live in now.

yup i have learned my lesson

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jul 21 2012, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jul 20 2012, 08:10 PM)
in the last 25+ years I've had my car/truck broken into about 8 times. I learned a long time ago not to keep anything in there that is worth anything. Sucks but that is the bucket o' sh*t society we live in now.

yup i have learned my lesson

ok so I was venting a bit on this post, had a bad day but I'm listening to Rush right now so I'm in a much better place at this time.

so, the world aint that bad all the time but sometimes crap getting stolen keeps you on your toes in life. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but I guess it is what it is. Most of the time stuff like that has happened to me, it was because I left my guard down as far as locking my car door or leaving stuff (the good stuff) in plain sight just asking to be stolen. I guess I had to learn the hard way.

rage.gif Bastards!

I'm glad I don't have anything worth stealing, but it would still piss me off if somebody broke into my car just to find out.

Sorry.

That's complete and utter bullsh!t. Hope they find the f***er that did this and your stuff is returned as close to original condition as possible.

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jul 20 2012, 06:30 PM)
Im a little bummed today. I went out to my truck this morning to go to work and my truck was broken into. I was not very smart I left my iPod in my overhead glove compartment and They took it!! Damn crooks. It had every single store bought RUSH cd's and all the studio live stuff. To boot my cd player is broken and I do not have a way to listen to the boys while Im driving... I drive for a living so its gunna be rough for a while.

Sorry that happened to you Robert...

...I know how much you love this band.

Good thing is "stuff" can be replaced and it is good that you weren't hurt, as you could have gone to your truck at "just the wrong time" and happened upon them.

~Peace, RGLT

Im not a big tech guy, Im kinda up to date with most stuff. Im more of a big Home Theater guy. The phones etc on the other hand are a different story.

For the life of me I can not remember what GB size my iPod was?? Can anyone make a suggestion as to what would be the best size to get? I have all studio and live LP's on my iTunes waiting for a new one.

Thanks for the help

I normally avoid leaving anything of any value inside my car at any time. I also never lock the car doors, that way they don't have to break my window or door to get in to find nothing.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 22 2012, 07:34 PM)
I normally avoid leaving anything of any value inside my car at any time. I also never lock the car doors, that way they don't have to break my window or door to get in to find nothing.

i use to leave my glove compartment open also which was empty. biggrin.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 22 2012, 07:41 PM)

i use to leave my glove compartment open also which was empty. biggrin.gif

Where do you put your insurance papers?

I would love to do this since the neighborhood I work in is crap, but I drive a stick and I'm sure someone could figure out how to pop the clutch and outright steal my car sad.gif

Sorry , that blows

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jul 21 2012, 08:50 AM)
rage.gif Bastards!

I'm glad I don't have anything worth stealing, but it would still piss me off if somebody broke into my car just to find out.

Yea. This happens to me often :/ Seems like somebody will smash in my drivers side windows and not find anything.

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jul 21 2012, 08:50 AM)
rage.gif Bastards!

Yep, this happened to me when I lived in Brookyln, NY about 20 years ago. They busted out the driver's side window, and when they discovered that there was nothing of value to steal, they firebombed my car!! The entire inside burned, but it didn't explode (Thank God!) Of course, no one saw a thing even though it was parked right on the street!! wtf.gif

One of the many reasons why I don't live there anymore!

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Chronos @ Jul 20 2012, 07:35 PM)
I dropped my iPod in my dog's water bowl last summer cuz I'm a friggin' idiot.

At least you're honest....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/strofl.gif