• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Tom Sawyer
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • Subdivisions
    • Dreamline

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 19 2012, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 19 2012, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 19 2012, 04:32 PM)
I'm not a fan of the song 2112, and Geddy can't really sing it anymore anyway.

what would you rather here in it's place?

The Color of Right. Make it happen boys!

laugh.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 19 2012, 06:30 PM)
Closer to the Heart, I'm somewhat sick of it too.

Agreed...enough already!

Somebody on here, can't remember who, once said they would listen to Rush fart Beethoven's Fifth in a cave. I feel the same way. They can play whatever they want and I won't mind. 2.gif

As many concerts as a lot of us have been to, I'd be fine ditching all those songs in favor of some they've rarely or perhaps Never played.

But...we all know that's not going to happen.

So, my choice would be Working Man. Why ? Because if they are going to reach that far back in their catalog, I'd rather they play Fly By Night, Anthem or something else from the 1st 5 albums.

I don't care for Dreamline at all and would not have a problem if that song never existed.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 19 2012, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 19 2012, 06:14 PM)

what would you rather here in it's place?

The Color of Right. Make it happen boys!

If they played TCOR and Everyday Glory I could die a very happy girl laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jul 20 2012, 04:32 PM)
I can honestly do without Tom Sawyer....Never was a HUGE fan of it...

My only favorite version of TS is the Exit Stage Left one (video and CD). The studio one is also good but I've heard it so many times it's lost all meaning.

QUOTE (jnoble @ Jul 20 2012, 05:36 PM)
resurrect Where's My Thing. That was AWESOME live, espeically with the extended intro.

please no. i can't believe that it was nominated for a grammy and went up against cliffs of dover. it's pop sound and keyboard synthesizer type sound that they use in the song is horrible.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jul 20 2012, 09:39 AM)
I picked Freewill just because I don't care for the song. Although most of those I personally wouldn't mind if they dropped, this will be my girlfriend's first Rush show and I'd hate for her to not hear Tom Sawyer or Spirit, or most of the songs on that list live at least once.

Some people have heard Tom Sawyer a billion times since 1981, so it's understandable that you aren't thrilled about hearing it again, but try to remember that Rush shows aren't just for the longtime fans. Look around at your next show and you'll see a lot of new, younger fans and although you've heard a song thousands of times, and seen Neil's drum solo, keep in mind that lots of people there haven't. Shouldn't they get a chance to enjoy it too? .

I've never seen RUSH live but I've heard Tom Sawyer more than enough on the radio to last me a life time.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 19 2012, 06:09 PM)

That's blasphemy in this forum! dazed025.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

2112 is not a "song" anyways....plus there is no singing in the title track anyways, outside of "oohhh"

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 23 2012, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 19 2012, 06:09 PM)

That's blasphemy in this forum! dazed025.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

2112 is not a "song" anyways....plus there is no singing in the title track anyways, outside of "oohhh"

Usually they play the first two sections of the song, which have a lot of high pitched singing that Geddy can no longer do (hence tuning the song down).

Except for La Villa , pretty much all of the above . Time to switch it up , but they won't. The band has so many great songs that don't see the light of day because Plain Jane needs to hear Tom Sawyer because it's one of the 6 songs she knows

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 10:38 AM)
Time to switch it up , but they won't.

unfortunately you're right. when you've seen them a bunch of times, after a while i'm not going to say it gets boring but if you were reaching down to pick up your beer and you missed a note or two during one of these songs, it wouldn't bother you. please mix it up a little.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 10:38 AM)
Time to switch it up , but they won't.

unfortunately you're right. when you've seen them a bunch of times, after a while i'm not going to say it gets boring but if you were reaching down to pick up your beer and you missed a note or two during one of these songs, it wouldn't bother you. please mix it up a little.

goodpost.gif

Tom Sawyer, no doubt in my mind.

No way in hell it would happen, but I could do without it.

And...Dreamline?? Wouldnt call it a staple. Its defintely a great song, but not a staple, as TMT proved.

As a guitar player myself, its probably a song Alex always wants to play because the guitar part is great to play.

Dreamline was totally a live concert staple. Since Roll the Bones came out right up to the Time Machine Tour.

I have no interest in hearing Dreamline at all. It's an awesome song, but it's been done soooo much. Switch it with You Bet Your Life and then you got a deal wink.gif

Unfortunately Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio are stuck forever. Can't avoid it. Freewill is getting kind of old for me, but I can't help but to love that middle jam section no matter how many times I hear it smile.gif

I would not be upset if Working Man took a backseat for this tour.