Modern Technologies You Wish Had Not Been Invented

noisorroCmrotS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro- Tools

I- Tunes

iTunes and anything similar. I'd rather go to an independent record store and buy a hand held product. I like brick and mortar business with person to person contact with employees who say "can I help you?" and you respond how you wish.

Amazon and any online shopping. Is there something wrong with leaving your house and buying something?

This is a good question, and I've sat here thinking for 10 minutes and can't come up with anything. I embrace technology and feel in most ways it can benefit you.

QUOTE (noisorroCmrotS @ Jul 18 2012, 04:21 PM)
Mine is facebook. I HATE it. I hear about it all the time everywhere and it is annoying. Why can't we all just get together face to face?

What is yours?

I take it you don't want to be added..? wink.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2012, 10:54 AM)
iTunes and anything similar. I'd rather go to an independent record store and buy a hand held product. I like brick and mortar business with person to person contact with employees who say "can I help you?" and you respond how you wish.

Amazon and any online shopping. Is there something wrong with leaving your house and buying something?

The wheel. Is there something wrong with just walking instead of being lazy?

wink.gif

QUOTE (noisorroCmrotS @ Jul 18 2012, 10:21 AM)
Mine is facebook. I HATE it. I hear about it all the time everywhere and it is annoying. Why can't we all just get together face to face?

What is yours?

My first thought was Facebook before even entering this thread.

Facebook has taken relatively normal and decent people all over the world and turned them into anti-social (ironically), ridiculously stupid, immature little bitches. Even ones who are 45 years old. Like they're all back in the 5th grade.

I knew it would be a mistake from the start. I never got into it. I'm so glad. (Life saved)

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 18 2012, 12:07 PM)

What is yours?

Facebook has taken relatively normal and decent people all over the world and turned them into anti-social (ironically), ridiculously stupid, immature little bitches. Even ones who are 45 years old. Like they're all back in the 5th grade.

I knew it would be a mistake from the start. I never got into it. I'm so glad. (Life saved)

I finally dumped facebook today and also dug up my old myspace page and deleted that too.

A good move by me I think...

In response facebook has been sending me a ton of emails asking me to log in and restore it before it's too late etc. I junked the lot of them!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2012, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 18 2012, 12:07 PM)

What is yours?

I finally dumped facebook today and also dug up my old myspace page and deleted that too.

A good move by me I think...

In response facebook has been sending me a ton of emails asking me to log in and restore it before it's too late etc. I junked the lot of them!

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

1)The television. This device has made every person dumber who has ever watched it, including me. I had a revelation once: when you're watching TV, you're watching someone else have all the fun, when YOU could be the one having fun. Again, I wish I could break the habit, too, and read more than I do, but the TV in the house is always on, it seems.

2)Facebook and text messaging: I don't not have a facebook page, and I texting is blocked on my phone. My wife has facebook and everyone on there just uses it to post up their religious or political crap o' the day and tell everyone what they're doing, like anyone cares, so I never made one. I had to block texting because people quit calling me on the phone; now, if you want to talk to me you have to call.

3)Wal-mart. 'nuff said.

QUOTE (Aikenrooster @ Jul 18 2012, 03:25 PM)
I had a revelation once: when you're watching TV, you're watching someone else have all the fun, when YOU could be the one having fun.

It depends on what TV shows you're watching, doesn't it? There are many great programs on the TV, very educational, fascinating, enlightening. Dump the trash TV and stick to the "good TV", and we'd all be better people..... 1022.gif 1022.gif

24/7 News should be banned, outlawed, and eradicated. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

TV news programs used to be about bringing real news stories. Now, it's all about ratings, entertainment, political propaganda, celebrity-driven garbage. If anything has "dumbed down" the American people, it's been 24/7 News....

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 18 2012, 04:18 PM)
24/7 News should be banned, outlawed, and eradicated. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

TV news programs used to be about bringing real news stories. Now, it's all about ratings, entertainment, political propaganda, celebrity-driven garbage. If anything has "dumbed down" the American people, it's been 24/7 News....

And they only usually have 20 minutes of news that is just recycled hour after hour...

schla03.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 18 2012, 04:24 PM)
I actually enjoy Facebook, it helps me keep in contact with friends due to my distance away.

I hate the creation of reality television

This