Meet-n-Greets

mazyyz

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 20 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 20 2012, 05:43 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 19 2012, 11:13 PM)
popcorn.gif

Yeah...that happens here a lot.

Seems to be the same bully's too.

Bully ? Are you for real ? If you think people that speak their mind and don't sugar coat stuff on a Message Board are "Bully's" then your skin might be to Thin for the internet. Enjoy your popcorn

I try to not even pay attention to what you say anymore. It's pretty negative and clueless.

I highly doubt you would talk to people face to face like you do on here.

You know Nothing about me because you only troll around here when Rush does something , when the band does nothing, you are not here.

Negative ? No, i just say if i don't like something . If you think people's Opinions are negative because they Don't agree with you , you have a serious problem.

Cluless ? How ? I don't talk shit , i talk what i know about . Big difference

I would never say the things i say here to people's face ? God are you wrong . Ask anyone that has met me on this board , there have been a Lot of them incld Admin and we always have a great time and Yes, i talk like this in person , no act here . You need to get a grip and realize this is a message board were people talk about all kinds of things and we always don't agree and a lot of times we do. You have a serious problem with me and i don't know why or do i give 2 shits . I would love to know who the other "Bully's" are that you speak of because i am sure they will get a laugh out of it like i am . Go hang with the Trolls and children on the board that think they know it all , you will be much better off

bd.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad it is different now than it was 20 years ago. Back on the Roll The Bones tour my dad let me skip school and I just went downtown and hung out in the lobby of the Marriott. Got to meet Geddy and Alex and get stuff signed as they passed through the lobby. Good times! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Super Phil @ Jul 24 2012, 12:09 AM)
Too bad it is different now than it was 20 years ago. Back on the Roll The Bones tour my dad let me skip school and I just went downtown and hung out in the lobby of the Marriott. Got to meet Geddy and Alex and get stuff signed as they passed through the lobby. Good times! biggrin.gif

Yes. Now that is called "stalking."

I managed to meet Lemmy from Motorhead outside a venue later after a show here. His tour manager guy seemed like he was trying to move him along but he didn't at all seem to mind some chit chat while we took a few different pictures on my phone. It was just pure luck.

QUOTE (bootlegguy @ Aug 26 2012, 11:43 PM)
I managed to meet Lemmy from Motorhead outside a venue later after a show here. His tour manager guy seemed like he was trying to move him along but he didn't at all seem to mind some chit chat while we took a few different pictures on my phone. It was just pure luck.

I hung out outside the Ryman Auditorium once to meet Dave Brubeck a few years ago and ended up giving him a brief tour and a little history of all the honky tonks in downtown Nashville. Sometimes you have to just sidle up and look like you belong. If you are cool then those around you will be too.

I am NOT advocating stalking or breaking in anywhere, but if you keep your ear to the ground you never know what might happen.

Yeah, I know someone is saying, "Who is Dave Brubeck?" Shame on you and google the man.

After reading this entire thread I am hesitant to say it, but I met Alex accidentally just before the start of the R30 tour. I spoke with him for about ten minutes and never once let him know that I knew who he was until the end of the conversation when I wished him a great show and told him to break a leg. He gave me a big friendly Al smile and punched me on the shoulder. "Yeah," he said, "and you break your arm on the way home."

He is just as nice, goofy and friendly as he seems to be.

Find out where the queu for the Meet and Greet inside the venue. The line usually forms as soon as the doors open and bring cash. Usually you'll find someone willing to give their pass up who's met them before for $500 in cash. Some of these fans get them every tour because of the people they know and think twice about it when someone waves cash in their faces. That's how I did it.

Meet-n-Greets, How does this happen?

Win a contest through a radio station, or work for one. I used to work in radio, so that's how THIS happened:

user posted image

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 27 2012, 08:39 AM)

Win a contest through a radio station, or work for one. I used to work in radio, so that's how THIS happened:

user posted image

So is it true that if a radio station gets, say, 10 pairs of M&G passes to give to listeners, they really only give away 2 or 3 pairs and distribute the rest amongst the staff?

Come on now...time to come clean. It will make you feel better.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Mr Rush @ Aug 27 2012, 05:54 AM)
Find out where the queu for the Meet and Greet inside the venue. The line usually forms as soon as the doors open and bring cash. Usually you'll find someone willing to give their pass up who's met them before for $500 in cash. Some of these fans get them every tour because of the people they know and think twice about it when someone waves cash in their faces. That's how I did it.

Hmmm...$500 is lot to lay down for a 10 sec photo op and a quick "You guys are the best" mumbly introduction. Personally, I'd rather put that money towards an upfront ticket where I can spend 3 hrs in close proximity to the band doing what they WANT to do (play music) and opposed to what they HAVE to do (M&G).

Now, if I was to win a M&G pass I'd be there in a heartbeat...I just don't see me spending extra bucks for the priviledge.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 27 2012, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (Mr Rush @ Aug 27 2012, 05:54 AM)

Hmmm...$500 is lot to lay down for a 10 sec photo op and a quick "You guys are the best" mumbly introduction. Personally, I'd rather put that money towards an upfront ticket where I can spend 3 hrs in close proximity to the band doing what they WANT to do (play music) and opposed to what they HAVE to do (M&G).

Now, if I was to win a M&G pass I'd be there in a heartbeat...I just don't see me spending extra bucks for the priviledge.

goodpost.gif

I'd be happy with winning a pass but its insane to spend money to meet someone for a few seconds, imo.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 27 2012, 02:30 PM)

user posted image

So is it true that if a radio station gets, say, 10 pairs of M&G passes to give to listeners, they really only give away 2 or 3 pairs and distribute the rest amongst the staff?

wink.gif

Not true. I was one of only three people from Clear Channel who met the guys that day. Meanwhile, I know we gave away several "meet and greet" passes as contest prizes. Far more listeners got passes than station employees.

Believe me. I no longer work for Clear Channel and actually have cause to DISLIKE them, so if I were to lie I'd be predisposed to lying in the opposite direction, to make them look worse than they are. But it didn't happen that way. Things happened (mostly) on the up and up. (The one "cheat" the station did: a pair of front row tickets was randomly given away to a listener, who was led to believe he'd earned them by beating me in a Rush trivia contest. He didn't. I had come up with the trivia questions, and after correctly answering several of them , I was instructed to take a dive.)

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 27 2012, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 27 2012, 02:30 PM)

user posted image

wink.gif

Not true. I was one of only three people from Clear Channel who met the guys that day. Meanwhile, I know we gave away several "meet and greet" passes as contest prizes. Far more listeners got passes than station employees.

Believe me. I no longer work for Clear Channel and actually have cause to DISLIKE them, so if I were to lie I'd be predisposed to lying in the opposite direction, to make them look worse than they are. But it didn't happen that way. Things happened (mostly) on the up and up. (The one "cheat" the station did: a pair of front row tickets was randomly given away to a listener, who was led to believe he'd earned them by beating me in a Rush trivia contest. He didn't. I had come up with the trivia questions, and after correctly answering several of them , I was instructed to take a dive.)

Yeah, I figured as much. I was just busting on you a little.