Meet-n-Greets

mazyyz

I've noticed many TRFers have great photo's of themselves with Geddy and Alex via Meet and Greets. I'm sure this question has been posed a myriad of times, but how can I make this come to fruition for myself and my son who I'm taking to the concert?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can know people

or as I've done after a decade of trying...

you can forget about it.

I've contacted management, I've tried to get in with his entourage, I've contacted the venue, anything I can to be one of the 40 or so people who get 10 seconds to shake a hand and say thanks

no luck.

Personally, I effing hate the system. There are people in here that seem to have unlimited access (which I don't fault) and multiple pics of them with the band, yet I can't even buy a guarantee. If you buy the VIP pack you get "a chance" for it. Sorry, Did that 4 times with no success.

I was at the venue in WPB once the morning of the show, chatted up crew, spoke to HU (pretty sure) and could not get in.

Great people, wall of denial... sucks

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Jul 18 2012, 12:37 AM)
you need to buy the passes, you can get them in a pack with the tickets. youll also get a tour tshirt, tour book, cd, ETC...

Where can you buy the passes?

QUOTE (LedRush @ Jul 18 2012, 09:57 AM)
you need to buy the passes, you can get them in a pack with the tickets. youll also get a tour tshirt, tour book, cd, ETC...

you cant buy them. You can buy the VIP package "for a chance" at a meet and greet. One lucky winner per tour stop. fists crying.gif

What planet are you on ?

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 18 2012, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (LedRush @ Jul 18 2012, 09:57 AM)

you cant buy them. You can buy the VIP package "for a chance" at a meet and greet. One lucky winner per tour stop. fists crying.gif

And I could win the mega-millions too, I guess. Ugh!

Other than what's already mentioned, you need connections to the venue or the band or have a ton of bribe money (last year a guy got a pass for $3000 here on TRF).

i honestly think it sucks that there aren't more opportunities to the average guy. There is room for more.

I have a business assoc. who's brother runs a Ruth's Chris. He got Ray, Alex and Ged and family a table on a last minute deal on Valentine's Day about 6 years or so ago. 6 months later when RUSH came to Orlando, out of the blue he was given 2nd row seats and a meet and greet. great for them

I've been emailing people for the last 4 weeks, trying to start relationships and make contacts. Maybe it will pay off. Probably will not.

I can see both sides of this, there is no way Rush could do unlimited meet and greets at every tour stop because it would take way too long. I think they could make more of an effort though, maybe do some record store signings or something for 100 people every now and then or something like that. It's cool that they autograph things at venues though if you send them in advance, I need to look up how to do that for this tour.

You can buy them, when someone who won them wants to sell them.

Right now there are two meet and greet pairs for San Jose on a broker site.

The cheapest pair is $1650...each...

wacko.gif

I think it would be cool to meet the band and have a picture taken, but not $3300 cool.

no.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 19 2012, 09:16 AM)

wacko.gif

I think it would be cool to meet the band and have a picture taken, but not $3300 cool.

no.gif

That seller is full of shit, you don't get M&G passes sent to you. You get to the arena early and give them your name . No band sends you the passes before hand , not even Kiss laugh.gif

QUOTE (Apollo @ Jul 18 2012, 06:15 PM)
I can see both sides of this.

I think they could make more of an effort though, maybe do some record store signings or something for 100 people every now and then or something like that.

It's cool that they autograph things at venues though if you send them in advance, I need to look up how to do that for this tour.

We have no idea of how much stuff they sign...I wonder if anyone close to the band out there could tell us?

2.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 07:21 AM)

wacko.gif

no.gif

That seller is full of shit, you don't get M&G passes sent to you. You get to the arena early and give them your name . No band sends you the passes before hand , not even Kiss laugh.gif

You have to meet them at the venue.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 19 2012, 09:27 AM)

wacko.gif

no.gif

Yes, so how can you sell them to someone online ? Only a sucker falls for that shit laugh.gif

Buyer at the box office - Yeah hi, i just came to get my Rush M&G passes

Box Office Person - Is your name on the List ?

Buyer - Yeah, it should be

Box Office Person - What radio station ?

Buyer - Not a Radio station

Box Office Person - Are you with the Band ? Record Label ?

Buyer - No , i payed $ 3,300 to a Seller on E-bay that i Never met or talked to.

Box Office Person - Your an idiot

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 09:37 AM)

wacko.gif

no.gif

Yes, so how can you sell them to someone online ? Only a sucker falls for that shit laugh.gif

Buyer - No , i payed $ 3,300 to a Seller on E-bay that i Never met or talked to.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 07:37 AM)

wacko.gif

no.gif

Yep that would pretty much sum it up!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 18 2012, 06:04 PM)
i honestly think it sucks that there aren't more opportunities to the average guy. There is room for more.

Its because they don't want to meet us.

Would you want to meet us?

wacko.gif

no.gif

I've sold tickets this way and it's not really complicated. I went, picked up the tickets, met the buyer there, and then we consummated the transaction.

It's not brain surgery.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Jul 19 2012, 03:13 PM)

wacko.gif

no.gif

I've sold tickets this way and it's not really complicated. I went, picked up the tickets, met the buyer there, and then we consummated the transaction.

It's not brain surgery.

We are talking about Meet & Greet passes and good for you , your a Scalper

Same principle.

And, yes, I sold my ticket. My wife was pregnant and had had complications and couldn't go. None of my friends wanted the ticket (VIP) and so I sold it, at cost, to someone I "knew" from the Rushisaband website who didn't have the time to wait online and didn't want to pay 800 bucks to buy from a scalper who wanted profit. No need to be mean, especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by LedRush

QUOTE (LedRush @ Jul 19 2012, 04:25 PM)
Same principle.

And, yes, I sold my ticket. My wife was pregnant and had had complications and couldn't go. None of my friends wanted the ticket (VIP) and so I sold it, at cost, to someone I "knew" from the Rushisaband website who didn't have the time to wait online and didn't want to pay 800 bucks to buy from a scalper who wanted profit. No need to be a jerk, especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

We are talking about Meet and Greet passes, you don't buy them , you bought a vip ticket and sold it, good for you. Read what we are talking about before you run your f-n mouth . Next time you are at the store, purchase a clue jackass

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (LedRush @ Jul 19 2012, 04:25 PM)
Same principle.

And, yes, I sold my ticket.  My wife was pregnant and had had complications and couldn't go.  None of my friends wanted the ticket (VIP) and so I sold it, at cost, to someone I "knew" from the Rushisaband website who didn't have the time to wait online and didn't want to pay 800 bucks to buy from a scalper who wanted profit.  No need to be a jerk, especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

We are talking about Meet and Greet passes, you don't buy them , you bought a vip ticket and sold it, good for you. Read what we are talking about before you run your f-n mouth . Next time you are at the store, purchase a clue jackass

You simply don't understand, do you? Oh well. Why you need to start being so insulting is also beyond me.

I thank my stars I'm not that way and now turn my back and walk away.