08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 6 2004, 01:44 AM)
QUOTE (kamrahai @ Sep 6 2004, 01:31 AM)
kam-ra-hai of course tongue.gif

biggrin.gif LOL I didn't even notice that before kam - very cool

don't feel bad RR.

I have been using this nick for over 2 years and some people I have chatted with for all that time still haven't figured it out confused13.gif

There. Red Barchetta now in the lead. biggrin.gif

I love The Camera Eye immensely, but RB has such a drive (umm, I guess that pun was intended, I'm not sure... LOL.gif ) that I feel I have to give my vote to that song. I hope to Ged it will sound good when I hear it live this coming Sunday.......

Edited by Proggy

QUOTE (kamrahai @ Sep 6 2004, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 6 2004, 01:44 AM)
QUOTE (kamrahai @ Sep 6 2004, 01:31 AM)
kam-ra-hai of course tongue.gif

biggrin.gif LOL I didn't even notice that before kam - very cool

don't feel bad RR.

I have been using this nick for over 2 years and some people I have chatted with for all that time still haven't figured it out confused13.gif

d@mn thats clever! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif moving pictures is one of the best 80's rush album it is real hard to pick one song although all song's are great CAMERA EYE just takes the bait on that albumthe solo in the song is phenominal.think's guys for this great forum anybody know when a new dvd coming out hopefully the 30th tour which i unfortunatly missed 653.gif

And The Camera Eye is back to a tying position thanks to the little green fighting machine.

Unfortunatly, I highly doubt any DVD will be released for the R30 tour. They just spent a great deal of time and money making RIR, I wouldnt expect any new live DVDs unless it is going to be their final one.

Edited by Moonraker

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 6 2004, 01:12 AM)
"Red Barchetta" for me. "The Camera Eye" is a close second.

This is me too. I love the way Neil tells storys "My uncle has a country place , no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm before the 'motor law' " The stories he tells!! This song has so much magic to it., the lyrics suck me in, and the music matches so well. I like this song ,too , because it again haulmarks the Rush segmented songs, like the earlier long ones,yet this was mor like the readers digest version...TCE is a close second as I love the scenes that the lyrics describe so well..Neil is just so good at it!

Man. This album is in my opinion their best but the reason why it is their best is because of the quality of every song. I mean 4 of the songs are a staple in their shows today. I would have to say Red Barchetta, though YYZ or Vital Signs are right up there.

Is that an african tree frog?

common001.gif Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Wheels can take you around, wheels can cut you down

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 24 2004, 06:31 PM)
This album is perfect. All of these songs have been my favorite from time to time. Camera Eye had occupied this spot for me recently, but that has since changed and now Witch Hunt seems to resonate with me these days. Partly because my band Trilogy has recently performed both, but I understand why Geddy doesn't want to play it. From a bass and keyboard standpoint TCE is a bit boring. Witch Hunt is a bit more challenging, but the lyrical content rings especially true in trying times (such as these).

Honorable mention to Vital Signs, partly because it was the first Rush song I recorded all of the parts to myself, and also because it points the way Rush went with their music through the 80s.

WITCH HUNT ON HOLLOWEEN firedevil.gif Let me know about your band? 2.gif

Oh man this may be the toughest out of all because they've each held that spot at one time or another. But I'll go with Vital Signs.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Nov 13 2004, 07:29 PM)
Vital Signs

EVALATE!!!! yes, EVALATE!!!!

Is that cool or what? I just love it. biggrin.gif

Red Barchetta, because that's my current favorite 2.gif song.

But you really can't pick a certain favorite one from Moving Pictures.

Tom Sawyer, Barchetta, Yyz, Limelight, they're all classics! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif