08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

"Limelight", hands-down. Of course I also like "YYZ" and "Tom Sawyer", but strangely "The Camera Eye" and "Red Barchetta" don't do much for me. 2.gif is a virtuoso band and no mistake about it, though. wink.gif

You know, "Red Barchetta" is actually my least favorite cut off of this album, but I just listened to it and I still think it rocks.

When my least favorite song on an album is still absolutely excellent, that has to be a pretty top-notch album...similar to Who's Next, where I still enjoy my least favorite cut on the album, "Going Mobile", a great deal. Then again, Moving Pictures and Who's Next are my two favorite rock albums.

My favorite song on this album this week is actually "Witch Hunt", which is even more underrated - and unjustly so - than "Available Light" and "Losing It".

Edited by Kudzu

It was really tough as I love this album.....But in the end, I'd say that Vital Signs for many reasons but mainly because it hits a few genres...

I refuse to vote on this one because this is sacred turf for me. TS is the reason I got into them, but it has been heard by my ears hundreds of thousands of times, so I'm very tired of it. How do you choose between Vital Signs, Limelight, YYZ, Red B, etc?!!!! Blasphemous to even think of it!

I'm surprised "Red Barchetta" is running away with this vote. A great song, but better than "Limelight," "YYZ," or "Camera Eye?" I guess it's tough to pick the best from this album, but I'm surprised most people are going red.

For some reason, "The Camera Eye" really sticks with me, maybe the guitar track, maybe the optimism of the lyrics....A very well-constructed song. I dislike the intro synth, but everything else is great.

A solid album all the way through..hard to pick just one song.

Tom Sawyer yes.gif by a micro edge

This decision took about 20 minutes to conclude

MP side 1 is probably their strongest album side

(if i chose not to decide I would have made a choice)

This choice will vary day to between the 4 songs today its Tom saywer

Tom Sawyer. NOT!!!!!

Limelight, but Vital Signs is a close second.

pokey.gif Are you still living? You don't show any vital signs...

QUOTE (vitalsigns66 @ Aug 18 2006, 02:02 PM)
Limelight is my choice. trink39.gif

I used to skip this and vital signs years ago, but now they're the tracks i listen to most often.