08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

But The Camera Eye is just the place that I liked the most to be taken away to, dunno how else to describe it.

very nicely put, feel the same way mate...Cheers from sunny SouthFlorida!!

This is impossible to decide. The begining of Tom Sawyer is the coolest synth sound ever, and the synth lead before the solo is classic, but I've heard it 100000 times. I love the story (and the sounds!) of Red Barchetta. I love the rhythms in YYZ. Limelight is one of my favorite solos. The Camera Eye has the awesome OB-X intro and one of Alex's coolest riffs. Witch Hunt is cool too. Vital Signs sounds like GUP, it still fits with the rest of the album, but isn't one of my favorites.

For me it's between Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, and The Camera Eye. I can't vote for just one.

OOPS LEMME TRY THIS AGAIN......

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE SONG "TOM SAYWER" In total analog,it must sound awesome!!

Does anyone know if the 45s of this song were taken from the SAME MASTER as the album?? (If not maybe it wasnt DIGITALLY RECORDED and will sound even better!)

Edited by Dude111

"The Camera Eye". Wicked drums, and SLICKMONO mentioned the incredible guitar solo. That whole guitar solo SECTION is incredible by all three guys.

Plus, how can you not love a tune where Geddy belches and then exclaims "Oh my gosh!!" (at 8:54 :) )

It has to be Limelight. I bought Moving Pictures on a whim and this was the song that got me hooked all the way back in the day all those years ago.

Well, 2011 anyway!

Close second would have to be Witch Hunt. Their is something so very haunting about this song words cannot describe!

Really between YYZ and Red Barchetta for me the former a longstanding favorite and a delight to play on guitar hero, the latter a critically acclaimed (by my dad) semi-epic (ish) with the best false guitar notes in any Rush song ever...I'll go with one of my first Rush experiences.