08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

Limelight gets the vote,imo. yes.gif

2) YYZ

3) TS

4) Rb

5) CE

6) VS

7) WH

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Started third copy of this CD yesterday. Trashed two already. That's what happens when you don't put your CDs away kids...

This again was another difficult choice, But I went with Limelight. I love the open riff and Alex's Lead is just spectacular. This was really hard with so many choices. But the over sll feel of the song and its ending cemented my decision.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (TristanHemisphere @ Jun 26 2011, 04:59 PM)
This album was hard for me, I liked every song in it, but I had to go with "Witch Hunt"

Witch Hunt is an absolute classic, but in the end, had to go with Camera Eye; damn these polls which only allow one option!

Red Barchetta, although all the tracks are amazing. In terms from least best to best, Witch Hunt, Vital Signs, The Camera Eye, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Limelight, then Red Barchetta. But as I said before, every song is great as its own.

YYZ for sure. This song for me, is the quintessential blending of Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, and Alex Lifeson's unparalleled combination of musicianship and chemistry. Seeing this song performed live eliminates any rational human's ability to doubt that this is the greatest band that has ever or will ever exist on earth.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif

Tom Sawyer got my vote, even though I think YYZ is a stronger song. Without Tom Sawyer, there is no Rush for me. This album is my gold standard and if I could have voted for all of the songs I would. A masterpiece. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif mmmm... bacon.gif

LOL, my vote for "Limelight" tied it with "The Camera Eye" at 215 apiece.

I think "Limelight" is a personal statement from Neil and that is why it is the best song on the album, although my personal favorite is "Witch Hunt," but the question isn't, "What is my favorite song?," it is, "What is the best song?"