Obseervation: Geddy's vocals don't match lyrics

anchorman

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 16 2012, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 16 2012, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 16 2012, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 16 2012, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 16 2012, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 15 2012, 02:12 PM)
Give these guys a break they're old laugh.gif

I mean come on now.

Mick

Not that old. Try another excuse! smile.gif

laugh.gif

Who said i was making an excuse? It's just mind boggling to me that people say things like they're not like they used to be..............of course they're not wink.gif Just a playful observation tongue.gif

Mick

Go on a general rock message board and youll get very different opinions about Rush these days.

which message board would that be?

Go make a thread on qbn.com, a general board for everything under the sun. Lots of guys there that loved Rush. Ask them what they think about new Rush, see how that works out for you. I already know what they'll say but they are brutally honest over there so it's always entertaining to see. You'll get some pretty nasty response if you post some of CA there.

i'm sure it would be a little like here. some would like it, some will like some of it, and some don't like it. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 16 2012, 08:44 PM)

I mean come on now.

Mick

laugh.gif

Who said i was making an excuse? It's just mind boggling to me that people say things like they're not like they used to be..............of course they're not wink.gif Just a playful observation tongue.gif

Mick

Go on a general rock message board and youll get very different opinions about Rush these days.

Go make a thread on qbn.com, a general board for everything under the sun. Lots of guys there that loved Rush. Ask them what they think about new Rush, see how that works out for you. I already know what they'll say but they are brutally honest over there so it's always entertaining to see. You'll get some pretty nasty response if you post some of CA there.

i'm sure it would be a little like here. some would like it, some will like some of it, and some don't like it. unsure.gif

Lol. A little different at QBN than it is here. Here there is a lot of people very biased towards anything they do. This is Rush message board. Those people still buy their albums, which hover around 500k sales so there isnt all that many of us left in the world.

Travel outside of here though and people have some nasty shit to say about modern Rush. QBN has millions of users and ive talked to them about Rush many times. Most of them will gush about everything from 76-85 or so, and shit in everything after that.

I mean come on now.

Mick

laugh.gif

Mick

There's a whole lot of us out here that love this band's body of work but don't feel CA is an untouchable masterpiece. It's got flaws, as do most of their CD's. On a whole, I think CA is fantastic. It's the best stuff they've done in a couple of decades and a half.

Why the hell do I feel like I have to make that disclaimer in here before expressing an honest opinion about some tracks that I feel could've worked better.

How boring would this message board be if we all just talked about how great Rush was ?

Except for a few songs, I HATED HYF. There I said it. Run for your lives!! I love Cygnus X-1 and Neil Peart said in an interview that he hated the way it turned out!! I disagree with the master !!! Shame on me. What do I know about good music ??

LOL at all the Nut Washing that goes on in this forum.

QUOTE (anchorman @ Jul 16 2012, 08:51 PM)

I mean come on now.

Mick

laugh.gif

Mick

There's a whole lot of us out here that love this band's body of work but don't feel CA is an untouchable masterpiece. It's got flaws, as do most of their CD's. On a whole, I think CA is fantastic. It's the best stuff they've done in a couple of decades and a half.

Why the hell do I feel like I have to make that disclaimer in here before expressing an honest opinion about some tracks that I feel could've worked better.

How boring would this message board be if we all just talked about how great Rush was ?

Except for a few songs, I HATED HYF. There I said it. Run for your lives!! I love Cygnus X-1 and Neil Peart said in an interview that he hated the way it turned out!! I disagree with the master !!! Shame on me. What do I know about good music ??

LOL at all the Nut Washing that goes on in this forum.

You're arguing with hardcore Rush fans that love everything they do. You cant win so dont worry about it man.

I grew up loving Rush, got my Permanent Waves tape when I was 6, but at the same time if they do something that sounds like crap to my ears, I have no problems saying it.

I really dont think CA is very good. It's decent, better than S&A, not even remotely close to much of what they've done prior to the late 80s. It's just my opinion. If someone else loves it that's fine, but we should all be able to share our opinions as long as we dont attack others.

I get attacked all the time by blind Rush fanboys just for sharing my meaningless little opinions on things when Im bored. Doesnt bother me one bit.

I know very well about message boards. i'm Part of a fleetwood Mac one.....Stevie fans are.....wow is the only word i can use. I've just been able to look at every band I love with a critical eye....I've never been.....i don't how else to phrase it......caught in fandom But i understand why people would be, so it's cool. if i offended with the previous observation. I apologize.

Mick

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 16 2012, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 16 2012, 08:44 PM)

I mean come on now.

Mick

laugh.gif

Mick

Lol. A little different at QBN than it is here. Here there is a lot of people very biased towards anything they do. This is Rush message board. Those people still buy their albums, which hover around 500k sales so there isnt all that many of us left in the world.

Travel outside of here though and people have some nasty shit to say about modern Rush. QBN has millions of users and ive talked to them about Rush many times. Most of them will gush about everything from 76-85 or so, and shit in everything after that.

That might mean something if they actually had an in depth knowledge of new Rush and could give us an objective opinion of the stuff based on fully listening to it

QUOTE (SUBDIVISIONS @ Jul 16 2012, 04:50 PM)
Record done
You think You know better?
Make Your band
Tour 38 years
Make 20 gold or platinium records
And then come back and we can argue about it.

It goes both ways. How about this. You are not allowed to state your opinion on the band, positive or negative, if you have not accomplished what they have. Now repeat after me: "No more Rush forum discussion."

Is that really what you want?

Who gives a shit?

I like the vocals in The Wreckers.

The message in the lyrics of the chorus fit so many more situations then just the overt story line of this song, and the tone in which Geddy is singing them really sounds very earnest and emphatic, like he is reminding himself of a simple truth.

In contrast, his vocals in the refrain transitions well with the story line, such that there is a sense of relief in the "ghostly lights" appear, yet by the end around a "bloody stain", you can hear the despair of the situation.

QUOTE (eshine @ Jul 17 2012, 04:25 AM)

Who gives a shit?

Yeah, so what?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 16 2012, 10:58 PM)
There are at least 5 songs on Clockwork Angels I like better than any of those 3...the camera eye, witch hunt, and vital signs.

I couldn't agree with you more, however, I love those songs and they are fantastic in their own right.

goodpost.gif