Clockwork-out Angels

eshine

I lift weights four times a week (us geezers have to try and stay in shape somehow lol) and I fully admit that I always listen to dance music when I work out. I know, I know - but I like it and it gets me going.

But today I said what the hell and threw this on and it made for a GREAT workout CD. The whole thing starts with a bang and really keeps the momentum going right up to halo effect - which is a good time for a quick breather - then its off to the races again and by the time I got to Headlong Flight I was pretty much at full throttle. My workouts usually last about an hour so I was literally cooling down to The Garden, which was simply perfect.

Not sure if this merits it's own thread, lol, but I thought it was neat so what the hell. Anyone here into physical fitness should give it a shot.

- and cmon, the thread title is cute.

common001.gif

I've listened at the gym, too. Plenty! But I choose only the faster songs. "The Garden" is awesome and everything, but not to workout to. Better to listen to Anarchist, Wreckers, Headlong Flight, Wish Them Well...

Hasn't worked to well for my aerobic workout. sad.gif

Riverside's ADHD does though!

QUOTE (eshine @ Jul 11 2012, 03:53 AM)
I lift weights four times a week (us geezers have to try and stay in shape somehow lol) and I fully admit that I always listen to dance music when I work out. I know, I know - but I like it and it gets me going.

But today I said what the hell and threw this on and it made for a GREAT workout CD. The whole thing starts with a bang and really keeps the momentum going right up to halo effect - which is a good time for a quick breather - then its off to the races again and by the time I got to Headlong Flight I was pretty much at full throttle. My workouts usually last about an hour so I was literally cooling down to The Garden, which was simply perfect.

Not sure if this merits it's own thread, lol, but I thought it was neat so what the hell. Anyone here into physical fitness should give it a shot.

common001.gif

Wouldn't work for me. I might get distracted and start laughing to myself when I hear "I can't stop thinking big" in the middle of a deltoid press.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 11 2012, 10:51 AM)

Not sure if this merits it's own thread, lol,  but I thought it was neat so what the hell. Anyone here into physical fitness should give it a shot.

common001.gif

Wouldn't work for me. I might get distracted and start laughing to myself when I hear "I can't stop thinking big" in the middle of a deltoid press.

Well, I would think that would be good motivation! wink.gif

I haven't yet worked out, per se, to CA, but I've found I really enjoy listening to the whole album when I do garden stuff. It does have a good pace and momentum, and 'The Garden' is a good 'cool down' (or for me, 'put garden tools away and have a lemonade') song.

But, honestly, I simply like having Rush on, and I when I have worked out to music (lost this ability when my computer crashed sad.gif ) and Rush has randomly popped up, it's made my workout that much better.

Not sure if this merits it's own thread, lol,  but I thought it was neat so what the hell. Anyone here into physical fitness should give it a shot.

common001.gif

laugh.gif

Never thought of that but I'm sure I will next time!

common001.gif

can't be worse than passing gas while doing a heavy leg press and getting stuck because i started laughing.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 11 2012, 09:51 AM)

common001.gif

haha.....no kidding eh.. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 11 2012, 10:07 PM)
I thought I was the only person here that works out! smile.gif

Nope smile.gif

I certainly don't do it in any obsessive way, but I sure love it. It's my hour of sanctuary - and nothing beats those endorphins (well, except for beer lol)

I can easily say that at 42 Im in better shape then I was at 22, which means I sure wasn't working out to Roll the Bones laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 12 2012, 09:13 AM)
Listen to techno music tho'!!

no offense to you but techno sounds worse to me than rap. they use to play it all the time at the gym i used to go to a while back. it would make me want to work out as fast as possible and leave. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 12 2012, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 12 2012, 09:13 AM)
Listen to techno music tho'!!

no offense to you but techno sounds worse to me than rap. they use to play it all the time at the gym i used to go to a while back. it would make me want to work out as fast as possible and leave. biggrin.gif

I know what u mean, but ts really more like lounge-y electronic music, that keeps things up and moving, nothing like that 1000 bpm music that will fry you out! tongue.gif

Edited by GeminiRising79

I'm listening to CA on my bicycle trips. The album is even stronger when you ride through a forest or along a river. Fantastic!

I presently workout at the gym 3 or more times per week, where I listen to my iPod, including CA.

I'm starting "INSANITY" soon, though. I'll be watching/listening to the DVDs, at home. No iPod music; I'll only be hearing Shaun T.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 12 2012, 11:21 AM)
I presently workout at the gym 3 or more times per week, where I listen to my iPod, including CA.

I'm starting "INSANITY" soon, though. I'll be watching/listening to the DVDs, at home. No iPod music; I'll only be hearing Shaun T.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

confused13.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 12 2012, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 12 2012, 11:21 AM)

I'm starting "INSANITY" soon, though.  I'll be watching/listening to the DVDs, at home.  No iPod music; I'll only be hearing Shaun T.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

confused13.gif wacko.gif

laugh.gif

is shaun t. related to p.diddy? confused13.gif