Can anyone point me to a cd quality version of CA?

GeminiRising79

Symptoms of Narcissistic personality disorder:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation

May take advantage of others to reach their own goals

Tends to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents

Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance

Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others

Easily becomes jealous

Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others

Obsessed with oneself

Mainly pursues selfish goals

Trouble keeping healthy relationships

Is easily hurt and rejected

Sets unrealistic goals

Wants "the best" of everything

Appears as tough-minded or unemotional

Edited by BrightAntennae

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only know Gemini as a weirdo on the Internet, so we don't really know them as a real person to be able to determine how many of those wyptoms they exude.

At a glance though, and judging as a poster, about half of those seem spot on and the other half seems exactly the opposite. I know well what acute narcissism is, but Gemini has the case of something a bit more peculiar i think.

laugh.gif

Just buy it at I-Tunes like i did then try finding the CD in proper print.Oh is this the guy that Hates RUSH even though he is on a RUSH fan forum????TROLL Hunter where are you comp26.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:48 PM)
Its the principal.  I refuse to buy the CD unless I first find it worthy of being bought, period.  Why should I financially support Rush if I feel the album is a half-effort on the part of the members of Rush?  The recording quality is another issue.  From what I've heard thus far, CA is easily at the bottom of the Rush catalog.

Half-effort? Holy hell, even if you don't like the music, it's obvious from the songs and interviews that they gave it their best.

And what you call principaled, I call first-world whining and misplaced entitlement. There are decent quality streams of some songs and 90 second clips of all the songs, plus mediocre quality versions of the entire album on youtube. If none of that is promising enough for you, then don't buy the CD.

On second thought:

Always angry and dissatisfied
Even the lost ones, the frightened and mean ones
Even the ones with a devil inside

Thank your stars you're not that way
Turn your back and walk away
Don't even pause and ask them why
Turn around and say goodbye

I wish you well.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jul 10 2012, 12:56 PM)
A Screwdriver walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

The Screwdriver responds, "You have a drink named Murray?"

gumby.gif

Look, dude, buy it, don't buy it. Download it, don't downlaod it. Borrow it, don't borrow it. Do I wish that you liked what you've heard so far? Sure I do, but I wish the everyone liked Rush. Seems to me, however, that your mind was made up loooonnngggg before CA was released, but you do love to stir the pot...which admittedly can be fun to watch.

I'm going to be fair and listen to the album (and listen often) at the persistent insistence of others here. I'm really doing this for them, believe or not.

Gee thanks. You shouldn't have...

Hey, um...while your in such a generous and giving mood, how about you perform fallatio on all of us?

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 10 2012, 04:12 PM)
Not sure why you need "CD Quality" to tell if it sounds good or not. If you dislike it through basic streams/leaks, I'm sure the CD won't improve your opinion much.

Repetitive listening of a higher-resolution recording could enhance the experience, certainly.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 10 2012, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:31 PM)
You are really doing it for us? I'm pretty sure there is a name for that in some sort of psychiatric journal.

cool10.gif

Yes, its called "empathy"

Yeah, because you're such a sweetheart. Always thinking of others. eyesre4.gif

If you want to do something for us, forget about listening to the CD. How about you just put an ixnay on the ollingtray?

If he wants to favor us, leave the forum. It will be the greatest, most appreciated service he can give because most us think he's a jerk and a half, which Im sure he's proud of.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 10 2012, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jul 10 2012, 12:56 PM)
A Screwdriver walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

The Screwdriver responds, "You have a drink named Murray?"

gumby.gif

Look, dude, buy it, don't buy it. Download it, don't downlaod it. Borrow it, don't borrow it. Do I wish that you liked what you've heard so far? Sure I do, but I wish the everyone liked Rush. Seems to me, however, that your mind was made up loooonnngggg before CA was released, but you do love to stir the pot...which admittedly can be fun to watch.

I'm going to be fair and listen to the album (and listen often) at the persistent insistence of others here. I'm really doing this for them, believe or not.

Gee thanks. You shouldn't have...

Hey, um...while your in such a generous and giving mood, how about you perform fallatio on all of us?

No thanks.....but I bet that post made him drool.....

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 05:21 PM)
Not sure why you need "CD Quality" to tell if it sounds good or not. If you dislike it through basic streams/leaks, I'm sure the CD won't improve your opinion much.

Repetitive listening of a higher-resolution recording could enhance the experience, certainly.

Never enough for me to decide to purchase it or not. The quality online is fine enough to make a decision. If you dislike it where it is now, I honestly don't see you liking it when you have the CD. What you can find on Youtube is fair enough of a sneak preview to judge whether or not you like the album.

Somebody punch this character on the chin a few times so his head whips about from side to side and so his brain will click over to another cycle and he'll not feel nostalgic about bands he used to like in the 80s...

oops.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 10 2012, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 10 2012, 05:21 PM)

Never enough for me to decide to purchase it or not. The quality online is fine enough to make a decision. If you dislike it where it is now, I honestly don't see you liking it when you have the CD. What you can find on Youtube is fair enough of a sneak preview to judge whether or not you like the album.

The guy is not serious. He's just doing it for sick kicks, poking fun at our love for the album through his disguised request for help, and really doesnt care at all. He heard CA, hates it, and thinks his opinion is the only right one. He cant stand it that so many are loving CA, hence the grand standing and sarcasm. Predictable troll....nothing more.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2012, 05:27 PM)
Somebody punch this character on the chin a few times so his head whips about from side to side and so his brain will click over to another cycle and he'll not feel nostalgic about bands he used to like in the 80s...

oops.gif

That's it?

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 10 2012, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2012, 05:27 PM)

oops.gif

That's it?

You expected more? I only type with two fingers...

unsure.gif